Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Fixes to jagexs mess.
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 2:01 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Ya, look jagex solutions aren't so hard to come by:

Party petes:

Instead of shouting it out to everyone like a bloody idiot. Create 4 mini rooms inside the party room, everyone in there selects a room and stands in it. Once the drop starts the room LOCKS.

Any loot inside the chest gets split between the 4 rooms and dropped. Anyone using it to sell gold, is going to lose a TON doing it this way. And anyone holding a drop party, is going to have enough people to fill 4 rooms and it'll give others more of a chance to get something.

Limiting our trades:
If you're going to do this then let us LEND items, for a day, a week, something like that. And if they die with it, then it's gone forever. They can't however trade it.

Lending our skills: Christ sake let us move. Any bloody idiot should know we don't want to stand around, it should never of been made that way.

There look, I've come up with better ideas than all 200 or so people at jagex. Come higher me. Oh and I'd find a fix to pking but frankly, i don't care.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 2:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 5:30 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: 34253
It's not hard to think of reasonable solutions to these new updates, and soon to be updates, but the problem is that Jagex don't take a lot of notice of what their players have to say, because they want things to go their way, and it's their way or no way. That's why they didn't change dueling back, or remove the ge, and is why they will not change the wildy/trade/drop ideas, IMO.

However, there are many ways to change these updates to make people happy, and to stop RWT. Things like, not allowing characters to take in gold/unnoted items/non-combat items, etc etc into the wildy, along with with restrictions on the amounts of things, eg runes, arrows.

I know many people will probably disagree with this, but maybe more common random events could help.

There are heaps of other ideas that people have raised, but at the end of the day, you'll have to deal with what Jagex says.

Post subject: Re: Fixes to jagexs mess.
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 8:50 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
CreepyPirate wrote:
Ya, look jagex solutions aren't so hard to come by:

That's for sure. I'm beginning to miss all the "OMG GAGEEX MAKE HORSES PLOXOXOSOS!" in the suggestions forums ...

CreepyPyrite wrote:
Party petes:

Instead of shouting it out to everyone like a bloody idiot. Create 4 mini rooms inside the party room, everyone in there selects a room and stands in it. Once the drop starts the room LOCKS.

Any loot inside the chest gets split between the 4 rooms and dropped. Anyone using it to sell gold, is going to lose a TON doing it this way. And anyone holding a drop party, is going to have enough people to fill 4 rooms and it'll give others more of a chance to get something.

... genius! Simply genius! ... except for one thing. The RWTs would simply log in with 4 guys, one in each room, and keep collecting from there and placing the loot back in the chest until all the money goes to one person.

CrazyPirate wrote:
Limiting our trades:
If you're going to do this then let us LEND items, for a day, a week, something like that. And if they die with it, then it's gone forever. They can't however trade it.

Lending items is already a fairly popular suggestion. I think what Jagex want us to do is earn the items for ourselves the long, challenging way instead of relying entirely on Try-Before-You-Buys in order to get rich.

CrankyPirate wrote:
Lending our skills: Christ sake let us move. Any bloody idiot should know we don't want to stand around, it should never of been made that way.

Agreed and amen. Plus, if we're lending construction levels, we should be allowed to enter someone else's house in building mode, just unable to build or do stuff.

CrawlyPirate- ... actually, never mind. wrote:
There look, I've come up with better ideas than all 200 or so people at jagex. Come higher me. Oh and I'd find a fix to pking but frankly, i don't care.

It's spelled "hire", but frankly, I don't care. Also, I never liked PKing, and Bounty Hunter is no different if you really think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 9:57 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: red spear1
They are all actually pretty good - I'm shocked :o

Jagex should actually listen to things like this, seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2007, 11:09 am 

If you think bounty hunter is like pking then you've never pked.

As for your point about Party petes, No. Once you've dropped once consider yourself locked out of all 4 rooms for the day. Who the hell has 2 drop partys in one day anyway.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 12:44 am 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
CreepyPirate wrote:
Limiting our trades:

A: Hey let me wear yer santa I wanna know what it feels like
B: K sure
A: Oh man, I died with it when I was wcing, a random killed me!
B: WTF YOU LOST MY SANTA!!!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 12:44 am 
BANNED

PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 12:47 am 

The Killer wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:
Limiting our trades:

A: Hey let me wear yer santa I wanna know what it feels like
B: K sure
A: Oh man, I died with it when I was wcing, a random killed me!
B: WTF YOU LOST MY SANTA!!!

So? Why should i care about morons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 12:59 am 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
Point is, your suggestion is flawed. And the statement "why should I care" doesn't really cover up the flaw.

EDIT: In fact, I could actually use that 'lend' suggestion to sabotage people if I wanted to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 3:48 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
The Killer wrote:
Point is, your suggestion is flawed. And the statement "why should I care" doesn't really cover up the flaw.

EDIT: In fact, I could actually use that 'lend' suggestion to sabotage people if I wanted to.

In other words, while we may deem it unnecessary, Jagex still caters for the intellectual levels of pre-teens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 4:37 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sparty Pants
I think the Party Room idea is good but instead of locking them in the room, just disable their access to the other 3 rooms. So they can still exit if they get bored.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 4:54 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
CreepyPirate wrote:
Limiting our trades:

About that, i was thinking;

Every item that goes over 3k trade gap in trade is considered as "Borrowed" item. Say, if you gave someone Dragon Boots, they would be "Borrowed Dragon Boots" and examining it tells who it was borrowed from. The point is that these items cannot be sold, dropped or traded to another person than the person you got it from. They also are "worth" more than any other item, so if you die with them, you keep them. Except in Bounty Hunter, where you can't access at all with borrowed items. (Note that you can't have more than three borrowed items at the same time)

The point about is that you can use them. It can't be anything that can be used and made into something else (fishing, smithing, etc.) but if it's something like a partyhat, you can wear it around.

Also, in the trade screen when you borrow items, after accepting trade comes up a screen to ask you how long time you can borrow it for. Options are eternity, meaning you get it back when the player gives it back, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, week, month, or you can specify it yourself.

In the end of lending time the item automatically comes into bank, where you can then collect it.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 5:08 am 

Slimppu wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:
Limiting our trades:

Every item that goes over 3k trade gap in trade is considered as "Borrowed" item. Say, if you gave someone Dragon Boots, they would be "Borrowed Dragon Boots" and examining it tells who it was borrowed from. The point is that these items cannot be sold, dropped or traded to another person than the person you got it from. They also are "worth" more than any other item, so if you die with them, you keep them. Except in Bounty Hunter, where you can't access at all with borrowed items. (Note that you can't have more than three borrowed items at the same time)

The point about is that you can use them. It can't be anything that can be used and made into something else (fishing, smithing, etc.) but if it's something like a partyhat, you can wear it around.

Also, in the trade screen when you borrow items, after accepting trade comes up a screen to ask you how long time you can borrow it for. Options are eternity, meaning you get it back when the player gives it back, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, week, month, or you can specify it yourself.

In the end of lending time the item automatically comes into bank, where you can then collect it.

Perfect, good thinking.

Problem solved. Even the retards can be covered now, Slimpoo would you like to be the new Paul? Clearly we do a better job at it.

PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 5:13 am 
Dragon Member

CreepyPirate wrote:
Slimppu wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:
Limiting our trades:

Perfect, good thinking.

Problem solved. Even the retards can be covered now, Slimpoo would you like to be the new Paul? Clearly we do a better job at it.

Sure, sounds like fun. (H)

And together, we shall rule the galaxy... err... Runescape!

PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 5:32 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sparty Pants
Slimppu wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:
Limiting our trades:

I like that idea. It would have it's own right click option right?

>Walk Here
>Follow
>Trade
>Borrow/Lend

PostPosted: December 14th, 2007, 5:44 am 
Dragon Member

Alex wrote:
Slimppu wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:
Limiting our trades:

I like that idea. It would have it's own right click option right?

>Walk Here
>Follow
>Trade
>Borrow/Lend

Read the whole thing. I said that it would be borrowed automatically in trade if it goes over the 3k trade gap.

But yeah, that would work too.