Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summoning for F2P?
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 5:51 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Southrend wrote:
Behind The Scenes of January wrote:
Some way north-west of Sophanem, there is a bit of a buzz in the quiet town of Taverley. For one, Guthix has seen fit to give his loyal subjects some crisp new robes, and their rocky buildings a bit of a wax. For two, some strange growlings have been coming from Pikkupstix's house. In the second of this month's quests, you will be roped into dealing with a rabbit-wolf-reindeer-bird-type...thing. But how do you defeat rabbit-wolf-reindeer-bird-type...things? A clue may be found in the title of this Wolf Whistle quest, which introduces key aspects of our next update...

Summoning: Part 3 - Testing wrote:
Compared to some of RuneScape's other skills, Summoning is one of the more complex. Mod Mark, Senior Creative Designer, says, "If players don't understand something straight away, they may just dismiss it. If that happens it's our fault, not the players. That's why Summoning had to have a quest." This quest, titled Wolf Whistle, will act as both an introduction and a tutorial.

So Taverly would be going F2P as well?

I don't think anyone's listening to you Southrend. XD

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 5:51 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 9:37 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Big Karliny
RS Status: Classic
it will be f2p of course tell me wich combat skill is p2p only? of course jagex will make less pets to summon and ect like usualy 8)

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 9:59 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryan V 09
I am hoping those are fakes and that South is right with the Taverly thing. :shock:

If this is true, I swear I'm quitting. It's not worth it to keep playing anymore. Runescape is turning into **** Scape. Why should I keep paying $5 if they are going to give their "biggest" (I say biggest in quotations because summoning will probably turn out to be a major disappointment, like everything else Jagex has done recently) update to f2p also?

But what did such a Teuton afterwards look like when he had been "improved" and led into a monastery? Like a caricature of a human being, like an abortion: he had become a "sinner," he was in a cage, one had imprisoned him behind nothing but sheer terrifying concepts... There he lay now, sick, miserable, filled with ill-will towards himself; full of hatred for the impulses toward life, full of suspicion of all that was still strong and happy. In short, a "Christian"... - Twighlight of the Idols

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 10:22 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryno nub
ryan1 wrote:
I am hoping those are fakes and that South is right with the Taverly thing. :shock:

If this is true, I swear I'm quitting. It's not worth it to keep playing anymore. Runescape is turning into **** Scape. Why should I keep paying $5 if they are going to give their "biggest" (I say biggest in quotations because summoning will probably turn out to be a major disappointment, like everything else Jagex has done recently) update to f2p also?

Agreed.

I pay to be treated better, to gain the newest and best features. If f2p want 138 combat, then they will have to beg or pay up to Jagex.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 5:06 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Monstermas22
Clan Name: Skillah_Kings
I have to say those are fakes.

99.9% of the time, Jmods names have First name, Last initial.

Piers' name would be "Mod Piers M", and the Lee one is DEFINITELY fake. Look at the "Lees" in the credits list.

Lee B
Lee B
Lee V

GF, fakers.

I will wait for official wording from jagex. Until then, may we look at our eggs in confuzzlement.

Dragon Left half drops: 14
Most Recent: 1/24/11 (Black Demon task; Kuradal)

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 5:57 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: distroyer36
RS Status: F2P
Well I like the idea of it being f2p actually because they never had a p2p combat skill to start so why start now? It would be a very unfair advatage fro f2p on the high scores also.

[*size=50:2k1sqsxs][**color*=#0000FF]Skills[*/*color*][*hidden:2k1sqsxs][**url*=http://www.rsbandb.com/runescape_skill_signatures-sig][**img*]http://www.rsbandb.com/sigs/sig8/distroyer36.png[*/*img*][*/*url*][*/hidden:2k1sqsxs]
[**color*=#FF0000]Goals[*/*color*][*hidden:2k1sqsxs][**url*=http://www.rsbandb.com/runescape_goal_signatures][**img*]http://www.rsbandb.com/goalsigs/min-black/all_skills/7575757455554360746065476060752644452340184832107091/distroyer36.png[*/*img*][*/*url*][*/hidden:2k1sqsxs][*/size:2k1sqsxs]

Your signature was too large, it has been resized to smaller size.
Please fix it, the limit on this site is 600 x 300 pixels.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 5:57 pm 
Iron Member

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 9:07 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Arrkain
Clan Name: Overloaded XP
AndyMaster24 wrote:
Sev wrote:
I believe it will be F2P, but P2P will get a lot more featrues, as with all other skills that are F2P.

*Nods in agreement*

*same here* i think they kinda have to make it f2p for the 138 cap but like andy said there will be alot more benefits for p2p cuz for real if i was f2p and thinking about getting p2p i would prolly not get it and train summoning. ya kno? im still trying to figure out jagex's logic behind making money now.

for example:
update duel to make it f2p (-100's of p2p-to-be's)
remove wildy (-10,000's players period)
trade removal (angry players in general)
summoning (+ or - 1,000ish p2p's)

| Combat - 138 | Total - 2695+ | Overall XP - 612m+ |
| RuneWire | My Twitter | My YouTube | My Twitch |
~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 9:52 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
distroyer36 wrote:
Well I like the idea of it being f2p actually because they never had a p2p combat skill to start so why start now?

There was never any members skills at all at the start, so when members was released, why start adding skills to be members only?

If they were to make a new F2P skill, I say it should be a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry minor update to fletching and make that minor part of fletching F2p too, so fletching would become a F2P skill. They can have a head start on the skill cape so they can join the ranks of 35K other people.

IMO, F2P has had enough updates recently. Jagex should make an actual demo version of the game, like all other demos, put it on the site and say to the people ranting for updates, "This is what F2P could be like. Be glad it isn't." Think of what F2P would be like with only Tutorial Island.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 10:44 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: lKiwi
hmm....if thats true and they make the start quest in taverly, wouldn't that mean they have to open taverly to f2p? unless they put it on the f2p side of gate =/ maybe theyre gonna hype up f2p, then make it p2p so f2p'ers will get members o.O

PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 9:27 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Nightgunner5
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I asked Jagex this question, I got an automated response

Shane wrote:
Just be sure to let me know if they're male or female, sometimes it can be hard to tell :P

PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 10:00 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sparty Pants
I really really really hope F2P don't get anything major from Summoning. Just let them summon a chicken and THAT'S IT!

"oh wow summoning is kool i mite get members"

I'm okay with F2P getting small updates but not too much so that they feel they can carry on playing that way.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 1:12 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Sky Jace
I've sent in two messages asking and got an automated reply by both. Third one is still waiting to be read.

I'd just like to point out that while F2P doesn't bring in as much revenue as P2P to Jagex, it still does bring in some due to the ads above the Runescape applet.

Dragon Member #90

PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 1:26 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
Bluebrisingr wrote:
I'd just like to point out that while F2P doesn't bring in as much revenue as P2P to Jagex, it still does bring in some due to the ads above the Runescape applet.

Andrew stated in an interview a few months back (whenever they got their first 1M members), that they only just barely break even from the ads in F2P. I don't know how much barely breaking even for them is, or how much that has changed, or even if he was telling the truth, but that's what he said. XD

PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 1:40 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Shyguy921

Not me.

I don't understand why they need to be updating F2P. F2Pers pay nothing and they get a Duel Arena update, which they should be happy with and now they get a huge update. Why should I cough up £3.20 a month for it to go towards other players enjoyment and they don't pay a penny? I don't see how it would work either, there's a shop in Yanille I think? And they said summoning is to hunter like mining is to smithing and yet hunter is a P2P skill.

I really hope the screenshots I've seen are fake.

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh to F2P players. :?

PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 1:44 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: red spear1
Wow.

:( Now franzk can max again in F2P.

We pay the money, not them. It should be P2P only :S