Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summoning for F2P?
PostPosted: January 5th, 2008, 3:38 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
One of my friends pointed me in the direction of these:
So, assuming both of these arn't fake, I'd go with what one of the Gower Brothers said, not some random JMod.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 5th, 2008, 3:38 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: January 5th, 2008, 6:35 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Naphtali14
RS Status: P2P
Hmmm... One could argue both ways. I personally don't think it will be f2p. The reason for this is that Jagex just gave f2p a bunch of new stuff. And if they keep giving f2p new stuff people will quit members and go to f2p.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 4:45 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Big Karliny
RS Status: Classic
Still i dont think that combat skill will be p2p only i dont say its unfair but none of combat skills are members only tho whit alot more benifits lets say u unlock everything in mage at 59 in range at 40 lvl in melee for att and def at 40 so i dont think f2p get so much u know....

also if f2p was just totorial island i dont htink r would be so cheap i mean majoryti of rs runite makers production goes to f2p corect me if i am wrong tho.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 4:57 am 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
I was about to comment that PvP combat will be unbalanced (F2P player vs P2P player) but I forgot that serious PvP is pretty much ruined.

Anyway my point was..

F2P player, melee stats 80 80 80, combat 100 (just an example)

vs

P2P player, melee stats 80 80 80, combat 110 (summoning level probably high or mid, depends on the calculation)

This is assuming that their prayer level are the same.

So basically, P2P players will have much higher combat levels compared to F2P players, however F2P players will have higher combat stats at a certain level compared to a P2P player with Summoning. Assuming that summoning shall be P2P-only, their extra levels can't really be put to good use in a fight in an F2P world, and the old "OMG LVL 70 BEAT A LVL 100" will become way more common.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 11:33 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Aarony
Bounty Hunter in f2p, 126 vs 138 =P

PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 12:05 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Naphtali14
So what, if in f2p you had <Player Xyz (CB 138)> vs. <Player ABC (CB 126)>. The summoning levels which got player Xyz to level 138 wouldn't affect anything on a f2p world because you wouldn't be able to use summoning. The actual cb level doesn't give someone an advantage in pvp, its the levels behind the cb level. So in this instance the summoning levels are N.A. because summoning would be members only. So essentially you still have a "fair" battle, it just might seem weird looking at it.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 12:05 pm 
Mithril Member

PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 1:58 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Greach
Sorry F2p's but i really hope its p2p only... I dont pay $5 a month to be on te same lvl as f2p

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 12:47 am 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
naphtali14 wrote:
So what, if in f2p you had <Player Xyz (CB 138)> vs. <Player ABC (CB 126)>. The summoning levels which got player Xyz to level 138 wouldn't affect anything on a f2p world because you wouldn't be able to use summoning. The actual cb level doesn't give someone an advantage in pvp, its the levels behind the cb level. So in this instance the summoning levels are N.A. because summoning would be members only. So essentially you still have a "fair" battle, it just might seem weird looking at it.

So what?

Go to any popular forum iwth a lively pking subforum, see if any "OMG LVL 50 BEAT LVL 80" threads show up.

Once Summoning is out (and everyone's like level 50-70 at it), expect that to increase tenfold. Oh, maybe a lvl 50 pure with zero prayer and summoning could even kill a level 100 with high summoning, that'll be a good laugh.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 8:46 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Big Karliny
RS Status: Classic
Tal Ormanda wrote:
Bounty Hunter in f2p, 126 vs 138 =P

u forget that 138 combat will come whit only summoning it wont make diference if its p2p only

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 11:45 am 
Iron Member

RS Name: distroyer36
I think it should be p2p even though I am f2p but it is true that p2p pays $5 and f2p shouldn't be on the same level as p2p. But I would like it if it was f2p anyway :) but if it will be there will be alot of complaints about it.

[*size=50:2k1sqsxs][**color*=#0000FF]Skills[*/*color*][*hidden:2k1sqsxs][**url*=http://www.rsbandb.com/runescape_skill_signatures-sig][**img*]http://www.rsbandb.com/sigs/sig8/distroyer36.png[*/*img*][*/*url*][*/hidden:2k1sqsxs]
[**color*=#FF0000]Goals[*/*color*][*hidden:2k1sqsxs][**url*=http://www.rsbandb.com/runescape_goal_signatures][**img*]http://www.rsbandb.com/goalsigs/min-black/all_skills/7575757455554360746065476060752644452340184832107091/distroyer36.png[*/*img*][*/*url*][*/hidden:2k1sqsxs][*/size:2k1sqsxs]

Your signature was too large, it has been resized to smaller size.
Please fix it, the limit on this site is 600 x 300 pixels.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 12:20 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: red spear1
That screenshot showing what Paul says pretty much confirms it.

Unless it is proven to be a fake, I would believe Paul over some random J-Mod.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2008, 8:40 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Skate_Ilkley
Clan Name: Miaow miaow >^-^<
I'm f2p and can't see why a small portion of summoning can't be f2p. Taverly is only on the edge of the free world and it wouldn't be hard to extend it slightly, as they did for the duel arena. Those saying that f2p have got lots of updates recently doesn't exactly make up for the extinction of the old wilderness and trade limits. I would welcome summoning as a free skill if it had some kind of limit around the level 40s (like they have for other combat stuff like armour, weapons, prayer). As already mentioned, P2P players with summoning coming to F2P would cause slight confusion with the difference of combat levels with similar combat skills.

On the other hand, like in that screenshot of Paul, they could ignore summoning when calculating a combat level in F2P if it was members-only.

I'm happy either way.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 11:12 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Snitchblade
they really should take away f2p. or stop giving them updates. whichever you prefer.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 1:52 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: r3dmayne
Clan Name: I iz a free agent lolz :D
Wow I never thought to see a new F2p skill in my entire life time but like killers said it'll be pretty limited and F2p will probably only get the really crappy summons anyway.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 1:55 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryno nub
Official guys. It's a P2P only skill. After reading through the new Development Diary, Mod Mark (who helped make Summoning) says:

Quote:
Of course, we wouldn't be hyping Summoning if we didn't feel that it was awesome. "It's my favourite members' skill that I've helped to release," says Mod Mark