Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Story- Finished and Graded (WARNING LONG)
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 5:28 pm 
Runite Member

Location: In an underground lair, helping the monkies plan their overthrow of humans. us
RS Name: Regnenth
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Bloody Ravens
Ok, for those who read my original story, my english teacher finally graded it and gave it back. I got a 100% A+ on it, the only one in both the classes she has. So anyways, this is my fully finished story. Enjoy!

Coronation of a King

“Hand me that shoulder plate, and hurry up. If I’m late I’ll be disqualified from The Joust, then you’ll never become a knight,” Sir Kulla said to his young assistant, Squire Woodward.
“Yeah, I know”, said Woodward. The young squire didn’t want to help his master; he only wanted to join in the festivities of The Joust. To enjoy the food, and quite possibly find a young woman who would like a young knight-in-training.
The Joust was a contest set fourth only a decade before that would decide the king of New Varrock and of the Kingdom of Misthalin. The King would then rule over his lands for the next decade, until the next Joust. That was, unless he could win the next Joust himself, which was extremely unlikely as ruling as king takes a great toll of a man’s body and mind. Sir Kulla had been training for the past 5 years for this moment; it was his year to win.
“Come young Woodward, this will be a great day for me”, Kulla said with a certain gleam in his eye that showed he was excited for battle because his ancestor, Regnenth, had fought in the Second God Wars and he was proud to fight.
“Yeah, only a good day for you”
“What was that?”
“Nothing…here’s your helm sir, and this time please don’t get any mud in it, last time cleaning it out was unbearable and it took me weeks to get the mud out of it.”
Kulla snickered at this.
Kulla and Woodward went out to the fighting ring for the last and final battle of The Joust. This battle would decide it all, and Kulla’s opponent, Vex, had won every single one of his battles without so much as getting a scratch on his armor. He also seemed almost vampire-like, loving to injury his opponents within inches of their lives ending. Vex had weapons Kulla had never seen before. They were like two small dwarven cannons that use a small, contained explosion to propel a small steel ball that could reach speeds that would make it pierce even the thickest of armor. Fortunately for Kulla, he watched Vex’s battles closely after seeing these weapons and he analyzed them. He saw that these strange weapons could only fire one ball at a time and after they were fired, Vex had to go through a long process to make them ready for firing again. Kulla measured this process to take approximately 15 seconds. When that time came, Kulla would take the chance to defeat him. Woodward did not seem to care about all this, as he was absorbing the atmosphere of the party, the music, the smell of food cooking on open fires.
“You know Woodward, after I win, I will make you a knight, and you will be my personal bodyguard,” Kulla said, “Then you can enjoy all the luxuries of living in the castle, and there is a very small chance you will ever have to fight in any wars that may come fourth, Guthix forbid.” Woodward snapped back to reality.
The current, but soon to be previous king amplified his voice and made this announcement:
“The time has come for the final round of This Joust. This will decide your new ruler, fellow citizens of New Varrock. Unfortunately, I will not be competing in this Joust, for I am far, far too old. But I digress! This is to be a happy occasion for we shall have a new ruler, whether it be Sir Kulla, whose ancestor, Regnenth, fought in the Second God Wars. Or, if it shall be Vex, whose style of fighting resembles vampirism, and could assure that these walls never fall, and this kingdom never ceases to exist. One of these two will become king on this day and will lead the Kingdom of Misthalin towards greatness! And! Perhaps compete in the next Joust if…their bodies hold up after ruling this land that is!”

The crowd cheered, and a few laughed at the king’s last remark because they knew the toll ruling took on kings, especially the current one who had been balding since he took the throne. Many people said his head shone like the sun rising and reflecting off the waters around Karamja.
It was time for The Joust to commence. Vex stepped into the fighting ring and removed his cape with small splashes of a deep dark red on it (many believed these were splashes of blood), revealing those strange weapons Kulla had analyzed so thoroughly. Then Kulla stepped into the ring and removed his cape also, and then he drew his sword that he had encrusted with gems from other lands. Sapphires from the dwarves, emeralds from the elves, diamonds from the more…civilized barbarians, and other gems from unknown creatures. This sword would act as a symbol of a unified world if Kulla became king. The king spoke again.
“These are your competitors: Vex from Morytania on the eastern side of our glorious kingdom.”
The crowd booed and hissed at the sound of Morytania because that part of the kingdom was known for stories of werewolves, ghosts, and a lurking disease.
Of course these were just rumors, but many people were not sure of this as many young men had explored the area and come back never quite the same. Many of those young men also disappeared on dark nights with no recollection of the night.
“Now, now,” the king’s voice boomed,”I know many of you do have worrisome thoughts of Morytania being so mysterious, but they are a part of our kingdom and your kinsmen. Now! For our second competitor! Sir Kulla from here in New Varrock!”
The crowd cheered louder for Kulla then they had after the king’s announcement. Kulla relished in this.
“Let The Joust Begin!”
Kulla heard these words and charged his opponent.
“Fool!” Vex screamed, “You are a fool young Kulla!” Kulla swung his blade down as hard as he could, but this was futile. Vex simply held up one hand and caught Kulla’s blade.
“So strong, Kulla thought, “How can he be so strong?” Vex ripped the blade out of Kulla’s hands and threw it into the crowd, nearly hitting a young boy. The crowd saw this and booed and hissed, and a few spectators threw whatever they could at Vex. He took no notice of this. Whether these people liked it or not, he was a citizen of the Kingdom of Misthalin and had as much of a right as anyone to compete and win The Joust.
“Hehehe…Kulla you charged in not knowing your adversary and now you’ve lost your precious blade. So I ask you this: Will you give up? Will you lie down like the Varrock scum you are?” asked Vex. Once again the crowd booed and hissed, and once again Vex took no notice of this.
“No! I will never give up! “ Kulla charged his opponent again and threw a punch at Vex. This attack was futile also. Vex caught his fist.
“You just don’t learn do you, scum? You lost your weapon so now you’ve resorted to using your fists, ehh?”
“I don’t learn? Ha, don’t make me laugh! That blade wasn’t my only weapon. And, it wasn’t my preferred weapon either!” Kulla slid to the ground and attempted to kick Vex in the jaw. This caused Vex to release his grip on Kulla’s fist and jump to dodge. Kulla then retreated to the other side of the fighting ring. He reached into a small leather pouch on his back and pulled out a small bird’s feather.
Vex landed on the fighting ring.
“Is that it? That small bird’s feather is your favored weapon?”
“No, you see Vex, all you see is just a simple feather plucked from any other bird. But, look at the tip. It is red…. blood red. Now to a normal person this would be useless, but to me this is my greatest weapon, no my greatest ally. For you see, I can use a technique that has been long forgotten. It is a magic… of sorts”, explained Kulla.
Kulla held the bird’s feather high above his head and said a small incantation to himself.
“Ben, alev kuş aramak!”
Just then the feather glowed a bright red and shot a beam of light into the sky, and then it dove to the middle of the fighting ring, and a flaming ball was left. The flames extinguished and a bird was there. The bird was a hawk of a deep orange with red tipped wings. It also had a white aura around it. The hawk flew over to Kulla and rested on his shoulder.
“You see, this hawk here is my greatest ally and friend. The technique I used to call him is known as Summoning. This technique was thought to have disappeared with the druids, and only those with truly royal blood could learn it. Now, I do not know if I am of royal blood but now you will feel the power of my spirit hawk.”
“I do not care of your ancient techniques,” yelled Vex, “It is nothing more than a wild animal, and it can be killed like any wild animal!” Vex pulled out one of his strange weapons and pointed it at the hawk. He fired at the bird with the greatest of aim.
The steel ball bounced off the bird and fell to the ground, and the hawk turned his head to the side like he was questioning what had just happened.
“What!?!” yelled Vex.
“Do I have to explain, this to you, Vex? You see this hawk was created by magic, and it can only be destroyed by magic. You could always give up otherwise you will not live to see tommo-“
Vex interrupted him with a cynical laughter.
“What in so funny, Morytanian?”
“Oh nothing, I’m just enjoying this fight so much. I knew I’ve seen your summoning technique once, but it was only in a dream. But, that dream also told me how to defeat a summoned creature. I have to kill the one who summoned it!” At that moment Vex pulled out his other strange weapon and fired at Kulla.
The hawk flew in front of Kulla directly at the fired ball and deflected it, and Kulla saw the opening he had been waiting for. Vex jumped high into the air, hoping to buy some time to prepare his weapon for firing once again. Kulla jumped out of the fighting ring and grabbed his blade. Kulla had been counting the seconds. “I’ve only got 6 seconds left! It’s now or never!” Kulla thought. Vex landed and almost had the process complete, so Kulla charged him just as he did at the beginning of the fight. Vex completed the process and fired just as Kulla thrusted his blade at him.
Gray and black smoke rolled out of the barrel of the weapon as he fired it. Vex thought for sure he had hit his mark. But he had forgotten about the hawk. When he had fired, the hawk flew in front of Kulla and blocked the ball. Kulla had also missed, but he, unlike Vex, could attack right afterwards, and he took this opportunity. With one great thrust, Kulla slashed his blade at Vex’s chest and cut him. The Joust was over.

“Winner: Sir Kulla of New Varrock!”
The crowed cheer and roared loudly. Fireworks of blues, whites, and golds were fired off. Kulla stood up, panting, but happy with his victory. The King spoke again, “We have a new King! A new Ruler! Now, in three-day’s time, we will have a coronation ceremony for Kulla. Now! Let’s all enjoy the festivities!

Kulla was too tired to join in the festivities, so he returned to his home with his squire in tow.
“That was glorious!” yelled Woodward, “Why didn’t you tell me you could Summon?”
“I did not want anyone to know, now help me get this armor off. Then I am going to the castle’s library so I can prepare a speech for my coronation”
Kulla removed all his armor and put on a very old tunic, and he went off to prepare his speech.
“Oh hello Sir, I mean, King Kulla,” said Reldo, the royal librarian, “What can I do for you today?”
“Oh, hello Reldo, please don’t call me King Kulla right now, I haven’t been coroneted yet.”
“My mistake sir, are you interested in studying a particular subject before you become king, sir?”
Kulla explained, “I’m looking for a historic book so I can relate my coronation speech to something historic and important.”
“Ok, feel free to take any books you wish”

Kulla looked at all the dusty books that had been on the shelves for what seemed like ages. He could remember as a small child when he had met the king before the current one, been so polite and made such an impression on him, that the king invited his family and him to the castle for a tour and a feast. Kulla had saw the library then, and saw all these books. He wanted to learn what they were about, and what kind of knowledge they contained.
He spotted a black book with corners made of gold, and a small lock on the front. The only thing on the front of this book was a silver “R”.
“Ummm, excuse me , Reldo?”
“Yes, sir?
“What is this book?”
Reldo looked at the book with great interest, “I’m not quite sure actually, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen this book before”
He looked over the book and noticed the lock.
“Here let me see if I have a key for this”
He took the book over to his desk and pulled out a key ring, and started looking through the keys.
“Well this is strange, I don’t have a key to fit that lock”
“Can I still take the book?”
“I don’t see why not, even though you cannot get it open, you may find a way to read it.”

Kulla returned to his home with the book and attempted to open it. He tried anything he could think of. After doing almost everything short of cutting the back of the book apart, he decided to give up.
When he put the book down he caught his finger on one of the gold corners and started bleeding. One of the drops of his blood fell into the lock and it dissolved. A great wind rushed through the nearby window and blew out the candles Kulla was reading by. Kulla’s vision blurred and he fell to the ground.

He awoke and there was a man clad in rune armor tending to a fire nearby. Kulla was outside.
“Hey you! Where am I? Who are you?”, yelled Kulla. The man did not seem to hear him. There was a rustling in the woods behind them and the man looked up. The man looked exactly like Kulla! Only, many, many years younger.
Kulla yelled again. The man did not hear him at all. He then went into the small makeshift shack. Kulla decided to follow him. The man slammed the door behind him
before Kulla could sneak in. Kulla attempted to open the door himself, but his hand went through the handle. He could phase right through solid objects! Kulla walked into the
shack and hid in a corner, just in case the man could actually see him and was just ignoring him.
The man was hunched over a stone desk that had been made sloppily. Kulla walked over and noticed the man was looking at a map. Kulla recognized the map.
It was a map of Gielinor, the main land all the kingdoms were in. Except, the land looked different some how. Then Kulla noticed a year written on a map. It read: “Gielinor circa 30 B.W.” Kulla had seen the letters “B.W.” somewhere before.
“I know, B.W. stand for Before War. It was the time period before the Second God Wars. But 30 B.W.? Have I traveled back in time?”, Thought Kulla. The man then went to sleep on a straw bed in the corner of the shack. Kulla followed suit.

Kulla awoke early the next morning before the sun had risen, and it was very foggy. Too foggy to be far inland. The man was outside tearing down his camp. Kulla decided he was going to be there for a while so he went to see if he recognized any of the landscape. He soon found a river. Across the river he could see what seemed to be a large city surrounded by huge stone walls. Atop these walls He could see archers posted everywhere. As he got closer he could see these archers were clad in green. As he got closer than that he could see that this was not just green clothing, it was green leather. He had never seen green leather before, and he wanted to investigate. He walked through the walls guarding the city and noticed it was bustling with people buying from the market, sharing news, and among other things just being cheerful. He walked up the steps to the walls (he was surprised he could do this since he could walk through solid objects), and he examined the archers clothing closer. This wasn’t just green leather, it was normal leather that was studded with adamant. Finally he could tell where he was. He was in Yanille. It was a city known for its adamant clad archers that could hit any target no matter the distance away. It was said that the ancestors of these archers were elves who long ago left their cities and slowly became more human over time. Now that he knew where he was, he returned to the camp, and just in the knick of time, as the man was walking out of the shack and was leaving his camp behind.

Kulla followed the man for many miles. He never stopped at all. After many hours of traveling they came to another city, one that was much larger than Yanille. Kulla could easily recognize this city. It was Varrock, but before the Second God Wars. Kulla then put the pieces together. “I haven’t traveled back in time. I couldn’t have. It’s impossible. But if I’m somewhere else then why can I phase through objects? And why can’t this man I'm following hear me? Wait, it must have been that book! Maybe it was enchanted with some kind dreaming spell.”, Kulla thought. The man went into the city.
He went into the General Store and asked where he was
“Varrock sir! It’s only the biggest and bestest city in all of Gielinor!”
“I’ve been to better places”, said the man.
“Well sir, to each his own I always say. Can I interest you into buying any basic goods? I have any hammers or tinderboxes you may need.”
“No, but I thank you for your offer” The man left.
The man started heading south, and Kulla followed right afterwards. The man exited the city and then started heading south-west. He seemed to be looking for something. They came to a large building.
“Ahh, here it is”, said Regnenth.
The man knocked on the door. It opened by itself and a voice spoke from inside.
“Hello, I have been expecting you, Regnenth”
“Regnenth! This man is my ancestor! Now I am certain I am dreaming! This is completely impossible!”, Kulla thought to himself. Regnenth spoke.
“What is the place?”
“This is the Champion’s Guild, sir. Only the greatest of knights are allowed to enter. I saw you vanquish the demon, Delrith, and I decided you were worthy to enter.”, the voice said. Then fireplaces lining the walls lit themselves , revealing the man.
“So, I am a member of this Champion’s Guild?”, inquired Regnenth.
“Actually, not quite yet. I said only the greatest of knights could enter. But you have to complete a little task for me before you can join”, said the Guild Master, “But don’t worry. It shouldn’t be too hard for you.”
“What task?”
“Have you heard of the Isle of Crandor?”
“Yes, I have. The Isle of Crandor, The supposed Unreachable Island.”
“Yes, that’s correct. There is a legend of a terrible dragon named Elvarg that lives there. I want you to go and vanquish the dragon.”
“And why should I vanquish this dragon, you are the Guild Master, you should be able to handle this very easily.”
“Alas, I cannot. I only came by my position by luck. I was the personal bodyguard to the king, and when they did away with the personal security system, due to no conflicts near the king, I was given this position. But, I am not the greatest of warriors in reality.”
“So how am I to go about vanquishing this dragon?”
“I will send a messenger to your home near Yanille. He will be able to provide any information or supplies you may need.”
“Thank you, Guild Master.”

Regnenth left the Champion’s Guild. While he was exiting, if a person listened closely they would be able to hear the Guild Master letting out a cynical laugh, however with Regnenth, this was not the case. He returned to Varrock, and first sought after Owen, who he head heard was a master chef. Even though the Guild Master had said the messenger would provide him with any supplies he needed, he was leery of doing this. Perhaps he did hear the Master’s laughter? This cannot be said.
Regnenth went into Owen’s shop. It was more vast on the inside than the outside made it appear. The shop was busy bustling with elves. These elves were going around the shop, checking on patrons, cleaning up messes, and all were moving like their work
was one big dance. Regnenth marveled in this for a short amount of time. He went to the main counter and asked for Owen.
Owen was a big, burly man who looked like he belonged in a blacksmith shop or in the woods cutting down trees, rather than in a shop filled with elves dancing.
“What can I do you for”, asked Owen.
“I am looking for some food”, replied Regnenth.
“Well I think you came to the right place”, Owen said with a small chuckle, “What kind of food are you interested in?”
“I am looking for food that with not perish for many days to come”
“Ahh, you want elven food, ehh?”
Owen went into his back room, and he returned with a small box.
“Well, I may be a master chef, but I cannot create food of the same caliber as elves. Even these elves working for me here cannot, for these elves are ones who have been forced from their homes by their form of government. Some had to leave for being found guilty of befriending dwarves. Others were forced to leave for not protecting nature to an extent their elders wanted. So, I took them in. But anyways, I’m rambling. This box was given to me by one of these elves. Any food put in here will not perish. But, I should warn you any food taken out of it once put in must be eaten directly afterwards. Or it will turn to dust.”
Regnenth returned to his shack and awaited the messenger. He started packing food into the elven box, when there was a knock on his door. He opened the door, and there was a man in red and white robes standing there. Kulla recognized these colors as the colors of Zamorak, the God of Chaos. However, he could not warn his ancestor of this, he could only sit back and watch what would transpire right here.
“Hello sir.” said the person.
“And you are? Are you the messenger the Guild Master sent?”
“Why…yes, I am”
“What supplies are you to give me?”
“Oh I only have one thing that you will need”, replied the messenger, “Although I think I should formally introduce myself first. I will not divulge my real name; however I will inform you that I am a Cleric of Zamorak. I only have one thing to give you, and you do not have to take it if you do not wish.”
“What is it?”
“As a Cleric, I have access to many types of magic, and as a follower of Zamorak, I can infuse you with a power that will allow you to easily defeat Elvarg, the dragon. This power is The Spirit of Zamorak. Do you accept”, the cleric asked,” Do you accept this great power? Just imagine this: the strength of all the men of the world, all the knowledge of the elves, all the ingenuity of the dwarves…and all the power of all the kings and lords of Gielinor.”
Regnenth, being a mere human, was easily captivated by the offer, as humans are easily corrupted by power.
“I accept”
“Good, good” said the cleric, “Now, we begin the process”
The cleric pulled out a small, velvet bag, which he opened. The bag was filled with a white powdery substance.
“This is bone powder, bones ground up by the Ectofuctus in Port Phasmatys to the East.” The cleric sprinkled the ground up bones in a circle around Regnenth.
“Now close your eyes and relax”, the cleric then said an incantation.
“Sagan af mörgum flæði inn í sál þína.
Illt af honum taka yfir líkama þinn
Feel hann. Hann er hér”
The bone powder surrounding Regnenth was set ablaze. It burned a darker red than he had ever seen. His vision blurred and he heard a dark voice speaking to him, but he could not understand it. The fire died down and Regnenth was left standing. He felt exponentially more powerful then he had before. He felt as though he could do anything he wished at that moment. Take over any kingdom? He felt he could. Slay any monster? He felt he could do that too.
Regnenth looked at the cleric, and a strange thought came to his mind.
“Hmmm, I suddenly feel all powerful. I should test my newly gained abilities. But how? I know, this cleric says he can access many types of magic, so he should be able to handle a simple attack. That is, unless these powers are true” Regnenth withdrew his sword from the sheath at his side.

He swung his blade at the cleric, who did try to defend himself. The cleric created a staff out of the air and shot a stream of blue fire at Regnenth. Regnenth dodged this with great ease. He noticed he was much faster than ever before. Regnenth swung at the cleric again. This time he hit. The cleric fell to the ground with a thud.
Kulla had been watching this fight and something seemed vaguely familiar to him. It was like he had seen all this happen before.
“Deja-vu! It seems like I’ve seen all this happen before in my life, but only from a different perspective. And in a different time!”, he thought.

Regnenth grabbed his elven box, and was preparing to leave for Port Sarim, where he could commandeer a ship to The Isle of Crandor. He heard the same dark voice as before, only this time he could easily understand it, just as though it was a person standing right beside him.
“Summon it…summon my precious bird. Summon the bird that symbolizes me.”
Regnenth knew of the magic of Summoning, but he also knew that only druids had the ability. But, suddenly he felt that he had this ability too, and he felt that he knew how to use this power too.
He caught a small bird, and plucked a few of its feathers out. An incantation suddenly came to his mind, so he said it aloud.
“Ben, alev kuş aramak!”

Kulla watched a beam of light shoot up towards to sky and fall to the ground, leaving a fiery ball.
“This is Summoning! Now I know why I have this ability! If my ancestor could do it, then it’s in my blood!”
A hawk or a deep orange with a white aura emerged from the fiery ball. The hawk flew up into the air and then over Regnenth’s head. It landed on a tree stump not too far from Regnenth and looked at him. The hawk looked at Regnenth and then seemed to speak to him. It seemed to say “I am your steed.”
The hawk flew towards Regnenth, and he grabbed a hold of Regnenth’s shoulders and lifted him high into the air. This bird was amazing; it carried Regnenth and all his weight, while still flying with the greatest of ease.
Kulla watched Regnenth flew away
“Now how do I follow him?” he thought, “Wait…I can Summon a hawk too. I don’t know if I can Summon him here though.”
Kulla pulled out his feather. He said same incantation he had said during The Joust and the same incantation Regnenth had just said. It worked, the feather shot the beam towards the heavens. The beam dove at the ground and left a fiery ball, as it normally should. There was his own hawk. Kulla’s hawk flew over his head and grabbed his shoulders and flew him in the same direction as Regnenth did.
“I did not know my spirit hawk possessed such abilities!” Kulla said to himself.

Regnenth and his hawk landed in Draynor Village, a small town that was close to Port Sarim. Regnenth had decided to land here to visit his old mentor. His mentor had never told him his name, or anyone else for that matter. People in the village and those who knew him simply called him Wise Old Man, or Old Man.
Regnenth knocked on the door to the Wise Old Man’s home. Old Man answered, and when he saw Regnenth, he was overjoyed. He invited Regnenth in for tea; Regnenth accepted.
“Regnenth, I have not see you for many turns of the days!” the Wise Old Man said.
“Yes, I have not seen you either, Mentor.” replied Regnenth.
“Please Regnenth, tell me of your journeys”

So Regnenth told his old mentor of all his old journeys. He told him of the time he saved Prince Ali of Al Karihd, the time he joined the two halves of the long lost Shield of Arrav, and especially the time he vanquished the demon Delrith. The Wise Old Man seemed very interested in the last story. He wanted Regnenth to go into every little detail about it. After an hour of conservation, Regnenth decided to tell him of his most recent journey.
Regnenth told the Old Man about how he had entered the Champion’s Guild, the happenings there, and about the Cleric (he left out the part of accepting the Spirit of Zamorak).
“You mean to tell me you are going to slay Elvarg” the Wise Old Man said with a worried look, “I must warn you of something, Regnenth.”

“What is it?” inquired Regnenth.
The Wise Old Man seemed to know something Regnenth did not.
“There is something you should know about Elvarg.” the Wise Old Man explained. “Elvarg may be a terrible dragon but he is a guardian.”
“Guardian of what?”
Before the Old Man could speak, Regnenth’s vision blurred and he collapsed. The same voice that told him to summon the hawk spoke to him.
“This man…This man is the only thing standing in your way Regnenth. You could be great, you could be known as Regnenth the Dragon Slayer; you could be great. This is your destiny!”
Regnenth was overcome with rage. His vision was still blurred. He slowly stood up. Regnenth looked at his mentor. He withdrew his sword.
“You, Old Man…are trying to stop me from fulfilling my destiny!”
“What are you talking about?”, The Wise Old Man stepped back.
“You are trying to stop me from being great! What? Why? Are you jealous?” Regnenth pointed the tip of his sword at the Old Man’s forehead.

Kulla and his hawk landed outside the Wise Old Man’s house and he peered through the window just as these events were transpiring. He phased through the wall. Regnenth raised his sword high above his head and swung it down.
“No! stop!”, screamed Kulla, but this went unnoticed.

Regnenth did it. He struck down his old mentor. His old friend. Regnenth had killed someone dear to him.
Kulla watched in horror as the Wise Old Man’s lifeless corpse fell to the wooden floor with a sickening thud.
“Why? Why did you kill him?” Kulla yelled at Regnenth but of course it was unheard.
Kulla’s vision then blurred and he blacked out.

Kulla awoke in his home in New Varrock.
“What? Am I home?”
Kulla looked at the book. Its pages were empty. He flipped through the book many times over. Nothing.
“How can this be? This book is empty!”, said Kulla. He flipped through the book one more time, except this time a small piece of parchment fell out of it. There were strange words written on it. Kulla read these aloud.
“El que esté protegida, que destroyed
Lui qui a aidé, lui qui n'a pas une aide
Han slutade som en ond, han som startade ett krig
Er, der geboren wurde, ein Mensch, wer wiedergeboren wurde ein Gott”

Kulla recognized these words as an incantation. Just then ashes from the fire place flew out into the room and formed a human shape on the floor. This shape then became a full
human, only it had the same white aura that Summoned spirits do. This figure was wearing brown armor that Kulla had never seen as part of any lands’ armor.
“Hello, Sir Kulla. Do you know who I am?” the figure asked.
“No, I do not recognize you.” replied Kulla.
“Here let me remove my helm so you can see my face.” The figure removed his helm. Kulla recognized him instantly. It was Regnenth!
“Yes I know you, you are Regnenth! My ancestor! Did I Summon you? Wait...why did you kill the Wise Old Man!?”
“I will explain soon, You are only partially right. Yes I am Regnenth, but I am not your ancestor.”
“What do you mean?”
“Here, let’s sit down and I’ll explain everything.”

Regnenth and Kulla sit down and Regnenth explained everything in his past. He explained why he killed the Old Man.
“Wait, what happened after that?”
”After I killed the Old Man? Well, I went to Crandor. However, I did not know of the troublesome journey I would face.”
“What happened?”
“I knew that I would have to take a ship to Crandor, and would get there in fifteen day’s time. On the third day of my voyage, there was a terrible storm, and I lost my elven box. After five days sailing, I was very weary, was too weak to Summon my hawk. I thought I would die of hunger, but it seemed the Spirit of Zamorak would not let me die. When I reached the island, Zamorak’s Spirit took over my body. I fought Elvarg and defeated him. That…that was the biggest mistake of my life.”
“Why?”
“Elvarg was a guardian of this world. He prevented the Gods from returning. As you know, there are three gods: Saradomin, the God of Peace, Zamorak, the God of Chaos, and Guthix, the God of Balance. You also know that many, many centuries ago, these three gods fought over Gielinor. The war ended in a stalemate, with no god overpowering the others. To prevent another war from happening, the inhabitants consulted the most powerful Summoners and Wizards in the entire world. These powerful humans created Elvarg, as a preventative measure against another God War from starting. When I accepted the Spirit of Zamorak, I allowed him to enter our world. And, when I destroyed Elvarg, I allowed Saradmoin and Guthix to reenter this world too. You see, after I struck down Elvarg, Saradomin and Guthix took a human form and fought. Zamorak then saw this and left my body and joined in the fray. This was the beginning of the Second God Wars. Zamorak’s leaving of my body actually killed me. I awoke in cold area, but I could not feel the cold. Before me I saw a figure. It was the Wise Old Man. He
explained to me what I just explained to you. He then changed me into this form you see before you. I gained a new name. You know this name. It is that of a little believed in god.
I became known as Bandos. I was given an army of goblins, ogres, and other such creatures that are normally outcast from civilized life. It became my duty to end the war,
as I was the cause of it. I was corrupted by power. I was deceived by the so called Guild Master.”
“Thank you, Regnenth. Thank you for explaining. Wait! I have one more question! If you are not my ancestor then who are you?” asked Kulla.

“Oh, please forgive me. All four of the armies in the God War were destroyed with the exception of us gods. We fought to decide the winner. During the fight
Zamorak’s spear pierced my chest plate and went to my heart. Now a normal weapon would not have killed me, as I was a god. This was a god’s weapon being wielded by a god. I died. I was transported back to the cold place again. I thought I had failed in ending the war. The Old Man informed me otherwise. After my death, Guthix and Saradomin formed an alliance and destroyed Zamorak. Guthix then surrendered. I then asked the Old Man what would happen of me. He told me that he would “freeze my current state” and then when the right time came, he would turn it into a child, so that I may live again. That child was you. The Old Man did warn me of one thing: my child form would have no recollection of my life. So I created an incantation on that parchment that would allow anyone who could read it to summon my spirit. I wrote it in such a way that only you would be able to read it, in hopes you would find it and read it. I also created that book you found it in and put a dreaming enchantment on it, just so you could see the past first hand. So, my plan worked. I, Regnenth, am not your ancestor. Kulla you are not my descendant. I am you; you are me.”

Kulla was baffled by this information, but it made sense. It explained why Regnenth and Kulla had a resemblance towards each other, and why Kulla had thought he had seen the events, the ones he witnessed after opening the book, sometime before. He had actually lived them!
“One more question Regnenth, did you, er, we, or rather I apologize to The Wise Old Man?”
“Ah, I cannot answer that. When you reach the afterlife you will learn the answer. Now I must bid you farewell, Kulla. I must leave now and leave to the afterlife. Don’t worry though, when your life is over, we will become one in Guthix’s graces. Goodbye.”

Regnenth disappeared and the ashes from which he was born collapsed in a pile on the floor. A great wind soon carried these out the open window. Kulla looked out this window at his kingdom. Then he remembered something. He had a coronation speech to prepare! He went to sleep and decided to write it the next day.

Two days later it was the day of Kulla’s coronation. He was in his quarters putting on his ceremonial robes when the previous king walked in.
“Nervous, young Kulla?”
“Oh very much so sir, I hope I can give my speech properly.”
“Do not worry. I felt the very same way before my coronation.”
Kulla and the previous king walked out to the open stage that was built high above the crowd. Many kings of other kingdoms were in attendance. The previous king stepped up to a massive podium that had been used by many kings before him for speeches, and had their family crests engraved in the side of it. The old king then amplified his voice, just as he had done on the day of The Joust, and gave an announcement.
“This is your new king! This man won The Joust! This is the knight, is now king and is formerly known as Sir Kulla! Now, he shall now be known as King Kulla! He will be our leader for the many sun cycles to come! ”
He then turned to Kulla and presented him with a crown encrusted with many jewels, which was to represent the wearer’s importance.
The coronation had just finished. King Kulla received his crown and stepped up to a massive podium. Kulla summoned his hawk. After what he had experienced only two nights before with the book, he started thinking of his spirit hawk as a real creature that would need some freedoms. He let the hawk fly around as it wished. Then, Kulla amplified his voice and gave his speech.
“Fellow New Varrock citizens and citizens or all of the Kingdom of Misthalin, I am your new king! My ancestor Regnenth fought in the Second God Wars (even though Kulla knew this was not true, he could not explain the events that led him to the truth), and I will fight just as he did! I will fight to preserve this city and kingdom! I will help to create a new world. One where the goblins from the Dorgeshuun City under Lumbridge may come above ground, and witness the beauty of the sky and be united with their brethren that hail from north of Falador! A world where humans and gnomes may live together! A world where the elves and the dwarves may not have a hatred for each other! A world where the ogres from Oo’Glog and the trolls from the Trowleiis Mountain may not be outcast. A world where those from Morytania can walk throughout the streets without segregation! I will work with the neighboring Kingdom of Asgarnia and with all other kingdoms for this!”

The crowd cheered and roared louder than anyone had ever heard before. Now, while many people were attending this coronation, no one took notice of who any one else was. In the middle of the crowd there was one lone figure not cheering or roaring. He was wearing red and white armor, without so much as a scratch on it. He was also wearing a cape, spotted with splashes of a deep dark red; very similar to blood. He let out a cynical laughter that went unheard over the roar of the crowd. The lone figure disappeared in a fireball that nearby people saw and thought they were a type of firework that was being set off in all the excitement. All that remained of him was soot in the shape of a circle on the ground that was soon scuffed away by people walking and dancing. Kulla looked out over the crowd.
“This is all mine. I will help lead this world to greatness.” He thought to himself.

Kulla retired to his private quarters later that evening. He put on his old tunic he used to wear when he was not doing anything of any importance. It was given to him by the elven wife of a big burly man who said his ancestor knew Kulla’s ancestor, Regnenth. Kulla was fully dressed and he went to the newly knighted Woodward’s quarters.
“How do you like knighthood, young Woodward?”
“It is glorious! Oh sir, I have someone I’d like you to meet. Shane, please come in here.”
A young boy walked into the main room of Woodward’s living quarters carrying a few pieces of armor. Kulla let out a small laugh at the site of a small boy carrying large pieces of armor.
“This is the page that was assigned to me. His name is Shane”, explained Woodward, “He’s almost as small as I was when I got assigned to you King Kulla. That seems so long ago, doesn’t it?”
“Yes it does seem long ago. My, how time gets whisked away by the winds of life. Well young Woodward, I am going to turn in. Oh! I almost forgot. Have you tried on your armor yet?”
“I was just getting starting when you arrived.” replied Woodward.
“Alright. Goodnight Sir Woodward, and a very goodnight to you young Shane. Make sure you get plenty of rest. You will need it if Sir Woodward here is as tough on you as I was on him.”
Page Shane’s face went from a large grin, to a low frown. He was not ready for the hard life ahead of him.
Kulla closed the door to return to his private quarters, and as he was leaving he could hear Woodward say words that had left his mouth not even a week before.
“Hand me that shoulder plate, and hurry up.”
Kulla chuckled and returned to his private quarters to get a good night's sleep before his first day as king of New Varrock and of Misthalin. He looked outside through his open window towards the moon. He saw three figures flying in the night sky. A human figure with a white aura being carried by a hawk of a deep orange color, also with a white aura. The human figure and the hawk were being followed by a dark black figure in the shape of a dragon. Kulla somehow in his mind knew that this dragon figure was Elvarg, and that he had returned by some magic to protect the world from the chaos of another God Wars. He turned around to go to his four-poster bed when he saw a black figure standing in the corner.
“Who are you? Show yourself!” Kulla withdrew his sword from its sheath that was hanging decoratively on the wall.
Vex emerged from the shadows he was hiding in.
“Hello, King Kulla,” Vex took a step forward, “How’s the king’s life now he’s a leader? Huh? Too scared to talk?”
“Vex,” Kulla yelled, “Why have you come here? Are you going to make another attempt at defeating me?” Kulla pulled his orange feather out of his pocket.
Vex laughed, and pulled out what looked like a sharp fang from a wolf, this was splattered with blood.
“What is that for?” inquired Kulla.
“Hehehe, King Kulla. This is a new weapon I’ve learned to use. You should recognize this technique”
Vex held the fang high in the air and said a small incantation.
“Pes smrti a temnoty!”
A beam of dark gray light shot out towards the ceiling, causing it to explode in a cloud of dust and debris. In this chaos, Kulla summoned his hawk to protect his from falling pieces of rock.
The gray beam of light shot down towards to floor in Kulla’s private quarters, and a black ball that looked like it was on fire remained. A pitch black dog emerged from the ball. It had dark silver eyes that seemed like they could peer right into your being and steal your soul. The dog’s mouth was dripping with blood. Kulla looked scared and astonished at the same time.
“Wh-when did you learn to Summon? It’s impossible! My hawk! Destroy that demonic dog!”
Kulla’s hawk let out a loud screech and shot towards the dog like he was one of the steel balls that were shot out of Vex’s strange weapons. The demonic dog let out a great roar and lunged at the hawk. With one great clench of its jaws, the dog easily subdued the hawk. Kulla could not see what happened to it, so he assumed the worst.
“No! My hawk! You will pay!”
Kulla rushed at Vex with vengeance on his mind for his hawk. Vex’s spirit dog lunged at him and forced him on the ground. Vex pulled out one of his strange weapons and walked over to Kulla.
“Fool! Kulla you are a fool! You rushed in not knowing your adversary! Now you will finally meet your demise!”
Vex pointed his strange weapon at Kulla.
“N-no, Vex don’t do it!”
Vex lifted Kulla up to his feet, and pointed his weapon at him again.
“No! Vex Don-!”

There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day

Last edited by Regnenth on February 5th, 2010, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 5:28 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: My Story- Finished and Graded (WARNING LONG)
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 5:39 pm 
Runite Member

Location: In an underground lair, helping the monkies plan their overthrow of humans. us
RS Name: Regnenth
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Bloody Ravens
Earth271072 wrote:
tl;dr

I wasn't in this as I requested :(
Good story though.

aww u werent in it? im soooo sry :twisted: lol

There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 9:10 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Good story, totally deserves the 100%. I wish I was in there but oh well. I might just need to make my own 100% story. ;)

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: February 6th, 2010, 7:52 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: d4fin0
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: blurblue
No need for warning for long story. Every bit of it was worth reading. I actually thought kulla had killed vex. But when i read on. I found that vex killed kulla :o

=D> 5 stars from me =D>

Cheers, dafin0 :lol:

PostPosted: February 11th, 2010, 8:36 pm 
Steel Member

RS Name: Ehmex
Ooo nice story..pretty sweet..hehe

PostPosted: February 14th, 2010, 8:56 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Yogosin
yeah, very nice story well writen

Also known as : Yogosin, Kiriako1,xxdrpiemanxx

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 14th, 2010, 8:56 am 
Mithril Member

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 3:45 pm 
Steel Member

RS Name: Nat26han
Wow brillant story, creates a very clear picture in my head of the events