Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Is 99 mining worth it?
PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 7:33 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: itally4life
RS Status: Classic
To some of you this may be a easy question, but honestly ive lost my "love" for runescape and my will to play it i mean when i do its like forcing myself to do something i dislike i hate to see myself so close to 99 mining (700k untill 98) and lose all the work their if you where in this situation would you go out spend the money on membership and sit through hours of not enjoying yourself and doing it but just to finish this off? i would like to hear some other peoples opinions on what they would do in this situation because im not really feeling like spending money i dont have alot of and just not enjoying myself.

Cooper wrote:
mining? all people do is powermine anyway, no money in it. with the exception of italy4lyfe (italy4nolifemining)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 7:33 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Is 99 mining worth it?
PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
RS Status: P2P
Do whatever makes you happy. Its just a stat so only keep going if you value getting to 99.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2010, 7:47 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Ice Blk Drgn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Only continue if you would feel proud of obtaining 99 and not have felt like you just wasted time.

RS won't be going anywhere any time soon. Ease off for now and come back when you feel like it.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2010, 4:49 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: TheLion
The only reason I got 99 mining is because of my "completion" mentality. Whenever I play a game I feel I have to achieve everything and max out every skill. (Its nuts I know, but I can't help myself, lol).

I remember I had no desire to work on mining, and thought I would never get 99. Then, they put out the Living Rock Cavern's update, and that sped things up dramatically. If it hadn't been for that update, I know mining would have been one of the last three skills to get 99 in.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2010, 6:40 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Rainy
Don't play a game you don't like. That's the bottom line.
700k will take a few hours to get, but in the end it's up to you.

I would never do something I don't enjoy. It's just pixels after all.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2010, 5:05 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
I would. but I'm weird.
You should only play a game if you enjoy doing it. Runescape , is a game period.

over a year ago. I went for my 2nd 99. got firemaking to 95. and was permanently muted. I quit playing RS then. but not getting that 99 was unacceptable after coming so far.
so few months later. muted. I got it to 99. and then completely quit. just so I could have mastered that skill. ( not 200m wise ) it feels good.

my opinion. skill like Mining. I would suck it up. and then be proud the the accomplishment. good luck.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 28th, 2010, 5:05 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: November 28th, 2010, 9:26 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Going for any 99 is tough. If it's just the goal that's getting you down, I'd keep going. But if it really is the game that you don't like anymore, I'd take a break and get back to it later.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 3:45 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: TheLion
One thing you could also try is something I've done in the past, just do a little bit every day. During several different periods of time, I took 3 or 4 skills and just tried to get a set amount of xp every day to chip away at the levels. That way I wouldn't get burned out or bored with grinding away on one skill. For instance, for awile I would try to get a set amount of xp in mining, firemaking, hunter, and agility. Usually 10,000 xp a day for each skill, maybe a little more if I felt like it. It wasn't much xp, but it didn't take too much time to do and it slowly added up over time. Then when I was ready to get serious about one of those skill's and actually push for 99, I was already at a high level that I could finish it off without too much trouble.

The trick is to not even think about level 99 and just let it happen, not to get caught up in a rush to get it as fast as possible. Otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts thinking about how much xp you have to go, and how much time it will take to get there.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 9:03 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Touchpad Pro
Clan Name: Tmoa
I can always race you (as with woodcutting) if that would give you motivation :mrgreen:
But yeah, the whole point of RuneScape is to have fun, so you shouldn't do something you don't really wanna do.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 11:58 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
There's no big rush to get to 99 anything. The most important point about playing RuneScape is enjoying the game. We all go through periods where we need a break. After a while, you come back into the game and see if it still gives you enjoyment. Don't spend money on something you don't have fun doing. That would be a waste of money and your time. We all would still respect your 97 mining and don't need to see that mining cape on your character to give you the same amount of respect.

My advice: Take it easy for a while. Check back in and say Hi to all us in the CC. Don't be pressured to get back into the game like you once were. Someday, you may feel that you do want to renew your membership and have another bout of enjoyable RS playing. Don't associate playing RS with pressure or non-enjoyment.

We respect any decision you make. I love mining and would love to meet up in game and train with you sometime if you really want to get back into it. Perhaps a star then some LRC, then some really cool higher level mines.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 12:57 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Just go back to your video making, enjoy that before the next Call of Duty is released in 2 weeks or so. Don't force yourself to get 99 mining, and if you ever feel like playing again, try to train other things. If you find yourself looking at that 97 over and over again, then just finish it off so you never have to worry about it again.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 6:44 pm 

RS Name: Lord Earth
MageGuy08 wrote:
Just go back to your video making, enjoy that before the next Call of Duty is released in 2 weeks or so. Don't force yourself to get 99 mining, and if you ever feel like playing again, try to train other things. If you find yourself looking at that 97 over and over again, then just finish it off so you never have to worry about it again.

Yea, videos of mining aren't as fun as videos of shooting pixels with pixels.
Go for it!

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 7:06 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: itally4life
RS Status: Classic
Ill see if i come across a membership card, then ill go for it but im not going to push for it.

Cooper wrote:
mining? all people do is powermine anyway, no money in it. with the exception of italy4lyfe (italy4nolifemining)

PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 6:25 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Pop some Adderall and finish it over night. Then never play again ;p

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
Just do it. I mean you have spent hours upon hours getting this far. You would probably get some closure on getting 99 mining. And you could quit Runescape in peace :P

Black Member 2-6-10