Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 9:03 am 
Dragon Member

Location: USA, making other people's locations sound nonsensical us
RS Name: BeastZero
RS Status: P2P
Cratous thought about the speech Dex had made. He was a Rune Beast, a race that lived for a very long time. Dex had said since elves lived longer than humans, they had greater containment ability. Rune Beasts lived longer than elves, so would that mean he had greater containment? He guessed so. Cratous had gotten a little sleepy by the middle of the speech, but he had still managed to listen to the whole thing. Now the inn was feeling rather stuffy. He announced that he was going to just circle the inn a few times to stretch his wings. Maybe later he could fly over the desert, something he had wanted to do for a long time. Cratous shapeshifted, making himself human, since the windows couldn't fit him otherwise. He painfully did a part-transformation, gaining his wings and horns, but nothing else, and jumped out the window. His wings flapped hard as he rose above the inn. Cratous turned slowly in the air, banking left and right as he formed a circle above the roof of the inn. Suddenly, he felt watched...Cratous got a little creeped out and landed on the roof of the inn. He popped his wings into his back and horns in his head. Then he heard a voice, a young child's. "Hey Mister, you're really cool! Do it again!" Cratous looked down and saw a boy looking intently at him. For some reason the boy seemed different from other children, but Cratous dismissed the thought. He figured he had nothing to lose by showing the kid a few tricks...

After flying around and showing off for a few minutes, Cratous suddenly remembered something Dex had said about shapeshifters. Maybe the 'boy' was a controller of Majiya, trying to discover their abilities! It sounded a little outrageous, but if it was Cratous didn't want to take any chances. He had only shown his flying ability, nothing more. He also wasn't in his true form, so maybe the 'scout' wouldn't recognize him in a fight. He shouted down to the boy that he had to leave, and threw himself into the open window. He retracted his wings and hurried to tell the others about what had happened.

bloon wrote:
MY ESTROGEN TAKES OVER AND I AM ALL OOOOOOMG *SCREAMFLEE*

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 9:03 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 10:20 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
Sorry for all the mix-ups. Back to the story, though.

Maeteru seemed a little shocked, as did Arasa. He was the most powerful mage of his time - able to use magic for anything he liked, almost, to the point where he even twisted reality itself and made a four-sided triangle. He made his own form of rune, even. Yet he was only a level 1.

'How can I have made my Wanderer's runes without knowing about Majiya?'

'Dont worry about it, Maeteru. The reason you could is because Magic, like electricity and heat and everything else, is just another elementary particle. Magic is special, it holds a pretty large amount of Majiya for a particle, whereas others hold negligible amounts. Magic, like Majiya, is in the air all around us. Your Wanderer's runes contain magic in a form that isnt set to do anything, which was why you can move it and twist it to do anything you like.

'Your Masters' Runes were different though, and I imagine they were far more difficult to make than the Wanderer's runes, where they not?'

'Yeah. I know about magic being particles like any other, and I basically had to find all the particles that would do the jobs required when mixed with other runes, rather than just flooding all the rune stones with as much magic as possible.'

'Maeteru and Arasa especially have an exceptional talent for making your Majiya find Magic particles, and you can command the Magic to do things, which then uses its own majiya to perform the action.'

Maeteru and Arasa were soaking all this in very quickly, thinking it over in their heads.

'Both of you, actually - Tom as well; have you ever noticed that when you use your magic, especially free magic, your elemental powers weaken, if only slightly?'

'You're saying Majiya explains elementalism as well?'

'Oh, yes. Elementalism is simply the Majiya within you doing funny things. Your Majiya, Maeteru, excite particles around you, heating them up to a fantastic level. Tom and Arasa, your respective powers are slightly different. The Majiya are slamming particles together to make different things, in your case, Arasa, electricity, and Tom, water. The important difference between using Majiya and elementalism, though, is that Majiya arent used up just being an elemental.'

'So, who here has the most Majiya within them?'

'Oh, that would be Kas'haran.'

The others stared for a second. Kas'haran looked surprised.

'What?' he inquired, slowly.

'Not sure why. He's still only level 1, which is unfortunate, since he has enough power to properly sustain a high level 3 easily.'

Kas'haran sat down.

Dex picked up a beer glass, and put it on a small table in the middle of the room.

'Smash it.'

Kas'haran looked at him, blankly.

'Go on, smash it. There's always been something a bit different about you, but I couldnt quite put my finger on it until now.'

Kas'haran stared at Dex for a minute. 'Err... how?'

'Just will it to be smashed, and exactly how it would be smashed. A good way of smashing things is to compress or expand the inside faster than the outside, although that's really level three... A level 2 technique might be just to make a small amount of excess glass appear on the inside, where there shouldnt be any.'

Kas'haran stared at the glass. He seemed to be concentrating on it very hard. Nothing happened for a few minutes.

'Nothing's happening.'

'Keep going. Will it to happen.'

Then, sure enough, a crack appeared, in the side of the glass. It spread down the side of the glass, and eventually the glass couldnt hold itself together, smashing into three pieces.

Karl picked the glass up, trying to fit the pieces back together, but they simply wouldn't. There was too much glass in one place for it to possibly be stuck back together.

Dex looked frankly amazed.

'Err... wow.' Karl said, putting the glass down. 'Dex, didnt you say that normally takes years of training to get to that kind of level...?'

'Yeah. Normally.'

Then, Dex did something quite unexpected. He snapped a leg of one of the tables, jumped up, and whacked Kas'haran round the head with it.

Maeteru reacted instantly. His concealing magic was off in a flash, and a very large, very hot fireball shot straight at Dex. 'That's my son!'

Dex whipped up some a dark Majiya shield to protect himself, the fireball exploding in the middle of the room. Dex dropped the leg.

'Maeteru no!' Arasa yelled, electricity whipping up around her as she held him back. Dex had a rather ominous ball of what looked distinctly like concentrated dark Majiya in his hand. Kas'haran woke up, rubbing his head, and saw what was going on.

Dex threw his ball at the struggling Maeteru. But... it was stopped.

Kas'haran had his hands raised. The ball of dark Majiya had been neutralised completely, by an equally powerful ball of Light Majiya.

'STOP.' Alex yelled. He had his spear raised.

Kas'haran was staring at his hands. They were shaking.

'Dex, explain yourself!' Alex yelled.

'I needed to knock him out.'

'WHY?' demanded Maeteru.

'Sometimes spirits who were skilled with manipulating Majiya plant them inside people, and use their own skills through that person. A whack on the head in the right place enough to knock someone out dislodges the spirit, though. Clearly that is actually Kas'haran who is skilled with it, though.'

They all paused. Arasa released Maeteru, and they both reactivated their encapsulation spells to stop the element from escaping and damaging anything.

Karl spoke first. 'Well, we do learn new things about you every day, dont we Kas'haran.'

'Come on. The Mastery of the White Dragon does not sit around pondering new talents; we use them. To the east we go.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 6:48 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Tombwarrior9
Helllllllo, ladies and gentlemen. Here I am! Providing you people with some quick, quirky comic relief, and a brief cameo of Vahyn!

Although, later in the story, I'll join fully with Vahyn. So don't worry, I've gone over this whole thing with Karl.

Dibs on normal red. Wheeeeee!

Name: Vahyn (pronounced vain)
Race: Human (from a hidden village on the outskirts of Al Kharid.)
Bio: As a ninja, he was expected to live up to his parent’s expectations of a regular ninja, doing mercenary missions time and time again. Years passed, and when he surpassed everyone’s expectations, the village thought he was too powerful to control. He was exiled. He is now a travelling mercenary that will kill anyone for a fairly large sum of cash, and only rents out Inn rooms as homes. He's known to be referred to as the sand assassin...for various reasons.
Weapons: Left handed Super-Poisoned Handclaw (think black claw, but 3x bigger), usually hidden. Several Kunai and Shurikens of varying sizes, and a dagger that looks mithril, but is really dragon.
Strengths: Impressive amount of training in agility, thievery and the way of the rogue. Good with poisons and herbs, both medicinal purposes and damaging. Knows Manja-jutsu (A Mage/Ninja type of fighting and magic combined)
Weaknesses: Power regeneration is slow, and he can be easily knocked out for hours. Doesn’t work well with others, depending on their personalities.

"I swear, I'll never rip off mister Razikire again!"

A sweaty, and dirty merchant was being pushed against the wall. His face full of grime and sand, from the running.

"I told you, I'm only working for him. You're to be executed by my claw. I have no influence in this. Got that?"

Vahyn had been desperate. With what he had to deal with, and with what he had on him, he was surprised he made it through the years himself.
He knew he had to do hits. It was his only way of making money.
His only way of keeping himself busy.
His only way of staying alive.

"Please sir...I had to do what I could...my family couldn't survive!"

"You know what? You're really annoying me, and today, guess what?"

"H-huh...?"

"I'm not in the mood."

A group of adventurer's were passing by. They seemed pretty calm, but Vahyn could sense otherwise. He was an expert at reading faces too.

One of the adventurer's seemed...mystical, of a sorts.
He was wearing a dark vest, which held the symbol of that of the legendary Void Knights. Vahyn instantly recognized the symbol, his heart, skipping a beat. He knew something was wrong. Out of place, even.

"I have...gold...i-if you want it...J-just don't k-kill me sir..." The merchant was getting on his nerves. Long, has he despised the people of this world. He knew that most we're entrapped inside their universe; and not reality.

The reality was, that this world was filled with danger.

The people, just didn't know it. Not yet.

The flashbacks of the Mastery incident in his head were all too regular. For some reason, this individual kept spearing the memories into his conscious.

The warrior sent his arm to his sheath; readying for anything, seeing this.

"Stop."

"And who the hell are you to make me?", Vahyn replied.

"That is none of your business; now, part your sword from this lowly merchant, or I shall draw."

"Oh?"

"Yeah." Karl gave Vahyn an answer he didn't like.

So, they fought.

Karl drew his sword. As Vahyn, drew his claw. He kept several Kurenai at his belt, as well a couple of makeshift smoke grenades.

The claw clashed with the sword. Vahyn saw this as a chance, and grabbed Karl's right shoulder. He jumped up, eventually completing a handstand on both of Karl's shoulder's, and stabbing his left shoulder in the process. Although there was no poison in the blade, it felt like it to Karl.

Karl pivoted and swung as fast as he could (which is pretty fast).
Nicking Vahyn on the left lower arm; not cutting an artery at all.

Vahyn took a swipe at Karl's Achilles tendons, but missed on both accounts; then strafed to the left, and ducked.

Karl missed yet again.

They fought for an hour. The rest of the group has cheered on Karl, and ready if at any time, Karl was overpowered.

Karl, getting annoyed, made an attempt at Vahyn's left eye. The mask on the left side of the face was gone, and his eye revealed.

Karl stopped in an instant, Vahyn, jumping back, ready.

"Is that you...Vahyn...?"

"How do you know my name?!" Vahyn panted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 7:08 pm 
Runite Member

Location: Killing someone you may or may not know. Depends on who you are... Heh... ca
RS Name: Karl 67
Clan Name: Me. Members: Me.
Karl 67 was pretty surprised that Vayhn managed to get out... or if he ever managed to finish that personal business two years ago.

Even so, Karl 67 made sure no one apart from the others were watching and snapped his fingers. (that included shooing away the pitiful-looking businessman) Everyone else was wondering why they stopped fighting. That confused them even more (apart from former Mastery Members) was that Karl 67 was snapping his fingers for.

Vahyn was stunned to see the amulet of one of the Seven Founders of the Mastery of the White Dragon around the "stranger's" neck.

"So it's still alive then." Vahyn said.

"Not really. We're just few in numbers. The remaining members are among us as we speak. We think there might be more."

"So technically, I still work for the Mastery."

"You make it sound like a curse."

"Having those Abyssal creatures after me was annoying the hell out of me."

"They're all gone, and the Mastery all but destroyed. That, however, doesn't include disbanded."

Karl's elven hearing noticed some beeping noise.

"You failed to answer the call about two days ago."

"What?"

"Your amulet is still being signaled."

Vahyn snapped his own fingers. His own Mastery Amulet was still around his neck.

"How did you forget about the amulet?"

"The unfinished business I was telling you about?"

"Yeah, what was it? Lets go to our room so you can tell us then." At that, everyone, including Vahyn went back to the Inn room.

Vahyn took a deep breath and then began.

SOTW wins: #134 - #136
SOTM wins: #19

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 5:40 am 
Dragon Member

'Well, this is somewhat of a reunion, isnt it.'

Maeteru and Arasa sat down on a sofa. Kas'haran was in a chair next to them, still examining and flexing his hands. Dex still seemed interested in Kas'haran, and looked over his book every now and again. He did not, however, seem interested in a reunion of an old secret organisation which he had no real care for.

<insert stuff about unfinished business here>

'So, how is the Mastery now going?' Vahyn enquired.

'Well, you're basically looking at it.' Alex said, gesturing to the others around the room. 'You wont know a few of the people here, mind. That is Kas'haran,' he said, nodding at Kas'haran, 'He is the son of Maeteru and Arasa, whom you should be familiar with. They're stuck in an elemental form now, though, after losing their bodies in an assassination attempt.

'This here is Dex. We found him. He's from another world, but he cant get back because of an imbalance of Majiya. I'll explain Majiya to you later on.'

'Got any HQ or anything?'

'Not as yet. Maeteru, you made our last two HQs, could you make another one?'

'I would be a little reluctant to, since Arasa and myself only have one charge of Abyssal power left.'

Suddenly, every glass in the room simultaneously smashed. Kas'haran flexed his hands a little more.

'Sorry, my fault, I think.' he said, making Dex look up from his book. Karl picked up some of the pieces, and they did fit together - different from last time.

'Level three technique.' Dex said, in a rather matter-of-fact way, before going back to his book.

The others paused for a minute or so.

'Anyway, no, we dont have a HQ yet. We have slightly more important matters on our hands at the moment. One being Kas'haran has found he might be a level 3 Light Majiya, and we have a large invasion coming from the east. There has also been note of a "Final Weapon", which we do not yet know of. Maeteru has his suspicions that it might be Zaros.'

'Fantastic. Will we have the same kind of Abyssal demons, Hellsnakes, Zarosian mages scenario as last time?'

'I dont think so. The easterners are different. They know some Dark Majiya.'

'What is this Majiya anyways?'

'Dex described it simply as existence. It's a kind of force or something. Without it, the universe would not exist. Manipulating it, though, you can do some fantastic things. It is what powers magic, as well, and various other things like that. There is Dark and Light Majiya. I wouldnt really know how to tell what you are... Dex?'

'He's dark.' he said, without raising his eyes from his book.

'There you go. You might have an advantage over us, then, although if Kas'haran can properly learn to control it, then we might not need to worry about that.'

As suddenly as the glasses had smashed just three minutes earlier, they seemed to snap into each other together again, perfectly.

'I think I might have it now...' he said, flexing his hands a little more. He looked at a glass on the table and smashed it, letting the pieces stay hovering in mid-air for a while. He then reformed it again.

Dex looked interested now. 'Kas'haran, the thing that most interests me is not your ability to use level three majiya techniques without any training... it is the fact you seem to be able to do them over and over without any negative effect on yourself...' Dex looked at Maeteru and Arasa, noticing for the first time, her bells. He jumped. 'Oh, thats it!' Dex exclaimed 'Son of burning fire, son of furious lightning, son of master mage, son of wielder of death, your soul shall be a spring. Kas'haran, you are a spring. A spring of Majiya. Your soul does not collect Majiya like everyone else, it creates it!'

'You know, there are an awfully large number of prophecies that surround us all.' Vahyn said sarcastically.

'Wait, wouldnt that make him a level seven?' inquired Alex.

'No, it's slightly different. Level sevens can make and destroy Majiya at will. Kas'haran has no control over it. Therefore his level is the same as the level he can control, which is looking distinctly like a low to mid three. There have been various other springs in the past. As more and more people come into existence more and more Majiya is needed, so it is necessary for them to exist. 99% of Springs never know they are one. The prophecy i said just now is just one verse of a thousand-page book of them.'

'And you know all of them...?'

'Naturally.'

'Enough of this fantastic revelation. The Mastery I know went around saving the world, with a glorious HQ in the sky, full of grass and trees and marble, fantastic training arenas, and buildings dedicated to science and arts. Ignoring the HQ, it still sounds like the world needs saving.' Vahyn said.

'Let's go.'

After Karl has done his thing with Vahyn about the unfinished business, can we please get on with it and go to the eastern lands without anymore drastic hiccups?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 11:08 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: paidsaint
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: who needs one?
Elise woke up with a yawn. She stretched a little then reconized the new face in the room. "Who's that?" Elise asked. "Oh. I was about to wake you. This is Vahyn. We are about to go so get ready." Momsrascal replied.
Elise grabbed her runes. "Ok! I'm ready to go!" Elise said. Shadow tagged behind them. "No Shadow.Stay here." Momsrascal said. "Mew!" Shadow said. "Oh allright... Just be careful." Said Momsrascal.

Last edited by momsrascal93 on June 6th, 2007, 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 11:08 am 
Runite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 6:34 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
This is when they are ready to go to the east again, I hope noone had any set plans as to what would happen.

From the moment Skyrate saw Vahyn he kept his eye on him.

"Vahyn, haven't we met before?" Said Skyrate

"No, I don't think so." Replied Vahyn, but Vahyn did feel that they had.

Meateru wondered if they did know each other, since they were both ninja type people they could have easily met, but he didn't say anything.

"Are we done here? We know partially what we're up against now." Asked Gia

"Yes we are." Said Karl and they all walked outside.

"Valence, would you mind?" Asked Arasa

Valence and Kas'haran made another plane and Meateru put a protection on it from Cratous so that Cratous' rune powers wouldn't be re-activated.

"Tom, I think we'll need an air protection too, both runes activated last time." Said Meateru

Tom created an air protection and everyone went in.

"Before we take off" Said Skyrate "Can anyone make an anti-scrying shield?"

"Why?" Asked Momsrascal

"You probably couldn't have felt it because your part cat and part human, neither have a real good sense of it. But when we were at the door, before Jason knocked I felt like someone was watching me. I know noone else was outside the fortress but someone might have been scrying." He said

"Yea, I can." Said Arasa as she closed her eyes and then two cosmic runes, two law runes, two soul, and two mind runes hovered out of her rune puch and then circled her then disapated.

"Should block nearly every type of scrying."

They started on their journey back east, this time Cratous' runestones hardly activated. they did at first but he was able to control himself because he knew the consequences.

When they got near the island with the fort they all saw something flying above the field they had previously landed in.

Valence, Karl, Cratous, Momsrascal, Elsie, Alex, Dex, Meateru, Arasa, Gia, Kas'haran, and Vahyn (did I forget someone? If so sorry) all saw what looked like a giant vampire with a flail. It had black leather and a blood red hood on.

"An Abyssal glyder..." Said Meateru slightly shocked.

The others looked at him.

"They were all killed in the Mastery." Said Karl

"Well there's atleast one left. And remember, they always traveled in packs, most likely the whole city is scouted out by them." He replied

Skyrate, Michael and I were a little puzzeled. What vampire? We only saw our good friend Falkor the Flynndrow warrior.

"I do not see a vampire, only an old friend." I said

"They only see an Abyssal Glyder because that's what he's cloaked as. Remember?" Said Skyrate

"Ohh..." I replied

The others, except Valence ofcourse because he was driving, looked at us.

"What do you mean?" Asked Karl

"You'll see when we land, which I think we oughta do." Said Skyrate

Valence landed, this time alot smoother and almost exactly where he intended to, then took the plane apart. The Abyssal Glyder or old friend was coming closer, it must've seen us.

It landed 25Feet away and walked towards us. To Elsie it looked menacing and she hid behind Momsrascal.

"What have we here?..." it said in a whispery like serpent tone.

"Its us, Falkor." I said

"And who are these with you, if you are the three." it replied.

"This is Alex the 43rd, spirit of Addament, Karl the 67th of the crystal, Gia the..." I said "...And Elsie"

I introduced everyone but for times' sake I didn't say everyone's name and tittle.

"Well I see you are the true three." he said as the rest of them saw him for what he really was.

They saw what looked like a lion standing on its hind legs, with the face of a man. It had golden colored hair and fur, and it had golden feathered wings.

"Everyone, this is Falkor the Flynndrow warrior." I said

Everyone was surprised when the Abyssal Glyder turned into a humanoid Lion.

"What brings you here?" He said

I explained everything in quick, noting the important points.

"Ahh. Almost the same reason I am. I'm scouting for the Flynndrows, our magi have been feeling something happening over here, in the east." He said

"Have you seen the 'final weapon'?" Asked Gia.

"No, the 2 inner rings are covered completely, and I haven't been in their imploy long enough to be trusted."

"What! Your in their imploy?!" Said Karl drawing his sword and running up to Falkor and swinging at him. His swing went right through Falkor, or atleast the image of Falkor.

"Your lucky to be a friend of their's, else you might not be alive right now." Said Falkor, he had his sword at Karl's neck.

"Now now, he didn't know." I said

Falkor put his sword away and so did Karl.

"Falkor is an illusionist, that's why you saw an Abyssal Glyder." Said Skyrate grinning "And that's how he can be in their imploy without them knowing he's good."

"Do you have any ideas for getting into the 2 inner walls?" Asked Alex

"Well I could pretty easily say I found you all and caught you but..." He said looking at there blank faces "I didn't think you would want that. Another idea would be Skyrate trying to cloak you all in."

"We tried that," Said Skyrate "They found us and nearly got us all, surprisingly. If it wasn't for Dex we'd have been prisoners and you would have had to get us out."

Dex was reading the book, he didn't seem to have taken much notice of Falkor, like he had known it wasn't an Abyssal Glyder.

"How did they nearly get you? And how could they have seen you through your cloaking?" Asked Falkor

"We don't exactly know about the cloaking but I think we were being watched. And they got us by using Majiya." I explained

"Majiya?"

Skyrate explained what Dex had said of Majiya, in short.

"Hmm. You say they can only manipulate things with Majiya in them?"

"Yes, because everything has Majiya in it."

"It sounds like I might could make an illusionary army, they couldn't use any Majiya techniques against it, and they couldn't know it was I doing it."

"What about the watcher?" Asked Kas'haran "Wouldn't he know it was you? Or can't he see through your illusions?"

"No, I doubt it. If someone was watching you then he would watch you, not me. I would still look like one of his guardian Glyders."

"But yet control the illusionary army?"

"Yes"

"Wouldn't the guards know it was an illusion? Can't they figure it out with Majiya?" Asked Gia

"No," Said Dex still reading the book "They would think its a real army and their Majiya would be useless against the Illusion, but only because they're level 2. Any higher and they would see through it."

"Does he always speak to the book?" Asked Falkor

"When he's reading it, you want to stay on his good side." Said Alex

"Okay. If the guards can't figure out its an illusion then they should run back to their captain for reinforcements. Once they've left the gate Michael can push the gate open while looking like a battering ram."

"Excuse me?" Said Michael

"Well you would look like one the illusionary army brought, you and any other of our strong people. Then all of you would beable to get in while the illusionary army is also coming in."

"As soon as reinforcements arrive from within won't they figure out its an illusion?" Asked Karl

"Yes, or they'll think the illusions are spirits, which should send them fleeing."

"All of this rests on your illusions. What if your illusions don't work?"

"Got a better way in?" Said Falkor

Noone had a better way in, and it sounded pretty good. Dex confirmed that it would take a higher level Majiya then they thought was their to distort the illusions.

Well I best be getting up. When your all ready Michael, you make a 5 foot tall piller of earth a few yards from here, then the army will appear.

He changed from looking like a lion to an Abyssal Glyder and was ready to take off.

"Think it will work?" I asked

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 11:39 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Only level 3 majiya controllers and above can confidently pick out light and dark majiya users from a crowd. When they come nearby, their outstretched detection majiya, also known as 'the sixth sense', touches the person and the level of majiya remaining, be it unchanged due to it not being effected by the same type, or a somewhat lower level then before, can be measured to tell what majiya something has in it. Even so, a level 2 can put lots of effort into creating such a field, but it would be very exhausting for the controller just to figure out if someone is light or dark, so it's never worth it.

One can only be one type of majiya. Either light or dark. A light majiya-based being cannot convert to dark, nor dark to light. Any attempts at a conversion, usually by suppressing an extreme amount of majiya opposite to the type one is to surpass the neutral stage and carry on in the other end, would mean instant death. Neutrality in a container cannot be passed. It can only be re-balanced through either taking majiya from it or adding majiya to it.

The reason a re-balancing wouldn't work to convert is because not only would they die through the suppression and neutralization, but their body and soul would forever vanish, as it ceases to exist. Any extra majiya used to re-balance would merely enter the atmosphere. Thus, only a fool would attempt conversion.

The only way one could actually convert is to separate the mind and soul from the rest of the majiya, compress an extreme amount of its own majiya into itself, and recreate the body through the other type. This is NOT advised, for the majiya in the body and mind will be forever conflicting until neutralization, and the person will become immensely fragile, short-lived, and hardly able to move or think whatsoever. No benefit will come out of this conversion.

However, that doesn't mean that conversion is truly impossible. There is a rare occurrence that may allow conversion.

If this compression is done to the soul only and, as an uncontrollable and fragile spirit, it possesses a being that houses the other type of majiya for support, it will slowly consume the being so long as its ability to retain majiya exceeds the host. If the host is stronger then the 'parasite', the host can control it, but only for the duration that the host is able to continue to maintain this higher level. Once the parasite consumes the entire soul of the host, it can force the majiya of the hosts body into itself in order for this new body to adapt itself to both types. However, at doing so, it becomes extremely aggressive and uncontrollable, striving to defy anything that conflicts with its gathering of majiya to continue to support itself, which is can only do very loosely. It also loses the ability to reason.

As a result, not only are they converted, but they also gain a control over both types of majiya, as it has a grasp over the ability to both types. Such a being, however, is yet to be discovered and named. There is a very VERY low chance of something like this existing; a 0.000000002% chance that if one were to attempt it, he would succeed. The remaining percentage is that both he and possibly the host die.

At the same time, they develop an actual resistance to both types. A weakness to this is that it can only gather neutralized majiya from the air and must convert it between both types, so it would take a very long time for it to recover from serious majiya-based techniques. A level 6 based attack would drain it completely and revert it back to a wandering spirit in search for another host.

So all in all, if you're light or dark, you must abide to it. After all, there is no difference to light or dark, so there really is no point in converting.

ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE EASTERN FORT

All eyes turned to Dex, expecting an answer as to whether or not the illusions would work.

"Yes and no." he replied after a pause, which I assumed that instead of thinking about the answer, he just realized we asked him the question and gave the answer without hesitation.

"Now why is that?" I asked.

"It would work ..." said Dex, "Because they are mindless and soul-less illusions that are extremely close to the neutral stage, but at the same time have lots of light majiya. I will assume that if they were trying to detect them, they would have a very difficult time finding their majiya sources, and thereby would be almost invisible to them. Even if they do attack, it does take lots of effort to extract majiya for level 2s just to perform majiya based attacks, and they wouldn't easily be able to destroy the illusions.

However, the reason that I don't think it'll work is because the concentration of majiya in the air here is off-balanced. There is more dark in the air then light. Since the illusions are light based, as everyone here but myself and Vahyn are light-based, it will take quite a bit of majiya to support the army, so they can only be summoned for such a limited period of time before the controller of them becomes too deprived of majiya to support them. When this happens, they will linger for a little longer as their majiya drains, and then ultimately vanish into the air.

Of course, if the air was neutral or, like Gielinor, more light then dark based, the army could last almost indefinitely."

"So in other words," I summarized, "It will work, but not for very long. That's all you had to say, really."

Dex shrugged and returned to his book. He chuckled for a sec, more likely at the book then me.

"You think you can take it?" asked Karl.

"We'll give it a shot. What have we got to lose?" asked Michael.

A pillar of earth shaped like a wet rocky cylinder rose from the ground until it was slightly taller then Dex. Once it stopped moving, a number of semi-transparent humanoid shapes appeared all around it, standing in a double circle formation around it. Finally, they finalized into fully armored solid spirit beings.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Falkor strain a bit. The spell was indeed difficult to maintain, but he still took off towards the fort. After a minute, the illusions darted forward towards the wall.

We were in luck. I heard panic in the door guard's voices and their loud heavy footsteps (each step sounded like shuffling fish fins) slowly died away. At least, that's what Gia said.

Michael then sighed and transformed himself into a battering ram. We carried him over, stopped inches from the door, and Gia punched the doors almost inside out with a tight fist.

There was a pause as we absorbed our shock from seeing such a powerful punch. I imagined at least one of my allies suddenly decided to want to follow Gia's eating habits.

The army pooled into the guard less gate and spread out. A perfect distraction while we made our way inside.

"Dex, before we continue, is there anything we should know?" I asked, "Because what I gather, you did not immediately teleport us back right after we went unconscious."

Dex almost dropped his book and quickly caught it.

"No, I didn't." he said.

Everyone stopped.

"You were in here before, weren't you?" I asked.

After a pause, "Yes, I was."

I grew annoyed.

"And you didn't tell us."

"Well, none of you ever asked what happened while you were unconscious." he argued.

"It can wait." I quickly said, as the sounds of war started up to the left, "Is there anything we should know about this place that could be a major threat?"

"Only 3 things." said Dex, "The dark majiya in the air is enough to hinder your spell-summoning, which means you can't summon Pureblade here."

"I can live with that." I said, somewhat disappointed.

"Secondly, this is merely an outpost. An army is being gathered here with the weapon for an invasion. This is not their homeland." he explained.

"Why is that important?" asked Vahyn.

"Because they could recieve reinforcements at any time from any direction." he said.

Quite risky, I knew, but we were usually good in the luck department.

"And third ..." said Dex with a tone of concern. He saved the worst for last.

We listened intently. An explosion nearby hardly effected the suspenseful silence.

"Their captain is a level 3 dark majiya user." he said, "Almost as powerful as I am, and just as bad tempered."

I stood fast. We might be encountering an evil Dex?!?

"That's all I can think of, unless you already knew that every single soldier here is trained to be a level 2." he said, "And that there are a number of internal walls as well. We breached the main one, so the others should have some easier-accessible entrances that are 'probably' being guarded, as the alarm is up."

"Ok. Remember, you guys. Our mission is to sabotage this secret weapon." I said, "Do whatever you can and live. As Dex said, stay healthy and full of energy, and dark majiya won't be too much of a concern."

Everyone acknowledged the order and spread out in search. Everyone, that is, but Dex and Gia.

"Dex." I said.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"You got in there already, didn't you?" I asked.

"... yes." he said.

"Did you see the weapon?" asked Gia.

There was a long pause.

"It's not supposed to be a weapon." said Dex, a twinge of sorrow in his voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 4:46 pm 
Runite Member

Location: Killing someone you may or may not know. Depends on who you are... Heh... ca
RS Name: Karl 67
Clan Name: Me. Members: Me.
-----Unknown Mind-----

"I just need to calm down... It's not all bad... I don't know where I am, what I'm doing, who I'm talking to, and where the others are... I have no hopes of escaping... Yeah, life is good... ish... ... I can hear my footsteps yet again... I almost always hear that- wait a sec- No, I didn't see anything... ... Was that who I thought it was...?"

"What is it that you saw?"

"I didn't see anything."

"Your mind speaks otherwise."

"Even if I did see something, It was most likely me hallucinating."

"Typical of you..."

"Just what exactly are you doing to do with this whole business?"

"I'm just with a mutual agreement. He's not exactly my ally."

"You mean like the two of us?"

"Watch your mind."

"My 'apologies'... This leader guy... he's not much, is he?"

"Nope... and this whole Majiya business is getting to his head."

A few hours... or maybe days seemed to have passed. Whoever this was, he must have not minded being bored stiff.

"Ah, and here is that guy now."

"Either he's going to remind us about our allegiance, or he's just bored and wants to talk with us."

"The latter is highly unlikely, knowing you."

"I will take that as a compliment..."

"We have a bit of a problem." said the other one who entered.

"You want us to solve it?"

"What?" he asked.

"Slip of the tongue, my mistake. You want me to take care of it?"

"No. I want you to make your way to Base Psi without being seen. I'll take the experiment."

"The experiment? I was never informed that it escaped."

"I didn't want you to worry. But it's no more of a concern. Not only have they brought it right to us, but I have also found someone else."

"Who, his son?"

"... How do you know of him?"

"He was one who studied my ways. I can feel it when things like that happen."

"... You..."

"Yes, me. He just happened to find out about my policies. It technically, doesn't matter to you. You were just hired to exterminate him."

"... Touche'..."

"Well, I'll be getting out of here. You just do whatever. I don't even care anyways."

-----Eastern Outpost Epsilon - Deep Room-----

"That thing tends to get on my nerves... But I don't care either." The Leader watched as the one whom he was talking to disappeared seemingly.

He turned towards the door to hear it being hammered on. It opened to reveal his trusted guard.

"They're ironically tough and have already killed half of the teams stationed here. I highly recommend we get back to our home base."

"And that, we shall. However, I want to show them that they are actually facing."

"But what about our 'ally'?"

"Technically, he's not an actual ally, But I think that fox critter knows."

"What? How?"

"He's dark. This place has a higher concentration of Dark Majiya. It's hardly surprising that he managed to get in and possibly see him."

"So we can expect that they know what the Final Weapon is."

"We can expect so. But we'll keep our cool. They don't even know what the weapon is capable of."

"Very well."

The two left to greet the intruders, who seemed to be winning.

"You'd think that the Captain stationed here would manage to kill them all?"

"I highly doubt it. But that's just a guess."

SOTW wins: #134 - #136
SOTM wins: #19

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 11:58 pm 
Dragon Member

They walked through the door. Falkor struggled more as they passed through the gate.

'Dex, can people transfer Majiya to others?'

Dex pondered for a while. 'Kas'haran, put your hand on Falkor's head.'

Kas'haran saw the logic, and did so. It seemed to ease the load on Falkor, but not much.

'Wait. Here's an idea. Maeteru, could you make a glass ball from the sand on the floor?'

'Could do. It might notice a bit, I'd need quite a bit of heat.'

Dex nodded. Maeteru took some sand in his hand, and formed a small glass ball after a quick flash of light. He handed it to Dex, who levitated it just above his hand to cool it. Tom put his hand on it to cool it further.

'Put a load of Majiya in that.'

Kas'haran had no problem with this, and flooded the ball with Majiya to the point where it seemed to pulsate.

'Glass is wierd with Majiya. There's something about sand... I dont know what. It can hold a lot of Majiya.'

Dex jumped ten feet in the air, and threw the ball at the ground. It smashed, giving out an explosion of light. A small flower and a patch of grass sprouted out of the point where it hit.

Dex fell to the ground, and struggled a bit to get up, panting. Vahyn seemed to be affected as well.

'Just giving the air a bit more light Majiya.' he said, catching his breath.

Falkor seemed greatful for this, and while Alex didnt notice any discernable difference, he assumed he would now be able to summon Spirit of Pureblade.

Three eastern guards had clearly noticed the flashes. They ran through an alley towards them, two with spears, one readying what looked like a fire blast.

Fortunately, it was a fire blast, and Maeteru caught it, throwing it back with a little extra power, and a little electric twist from Arasa. All three guards collapsed on the ground, not dead, but knocked out and with some pretty nasty burns.

Ahead was another gate. It seemed like their only real option. Maeteru obliterated it.

'That was probably a bad idea.' whispered Karl, as a hundred or more eastern warriors faced them, not particularly happy looks on their faces.

Vahyn smiled. 'Ah, the good old days.' he said, pulling a shortsword from its sheath. 'Blood and guts.'

Three of the easterns yelled something in the eastern language. Whatever they said, it seemed to mobilise the easterners. They charged.

'Blood and guts.' Vahyn said again, charging.

The others followed suit. A quick flurry of spells were shot at the warriors by Kas'haran, who was apparently using the magical power of the orb. Maeteru and Arasa instantly dropped their concealing spells, the full power of their elementalism taking shape. They, as well as Tom, both grew to a height of nine feet, fire, water and lightning whipping around them.

A deadly continuous combo shot out of them, lightning, water and steam combining to mow down a quick few of the warriors.

Falkor seemed to find it hard to sustain the illusions, and after a minute dropped them, materialising his staff and blasting a few with some ancient spells.

Various other eastern warriors found a rather large crystal blade sticking out of their chests as Karl span around the battlefield, using his superior agility to his advantage. More ended up with Gia's claws through their back, Vahyn's throwing knives in their faces, and some ended up simply vanished from this dimension after disturbing Dex. One got a particularly nasty treatment after slashing the nevertheless strong cover of Dex's book.

More and more easternears appeared to try and end the commotion. Crossbowmen and mages appeared, desperately trying to get a shot in, although Maeteru, Arasa and Tom (who was now not, in fact, liquid water, but thousand-degree steam) did a very good job of exploding basically every missile that ever came near any of them, while also simultaneously delivering some nasty combos themselves.

Kas'haran had given up the ball, dropping it into a large pouch, and was now using Free Magic. He had never been taught to, but his newfound Majiya powers seemed to help with it quite a lot. Various mages ended up blasting spells in their own faces after Kas'haran used free magic to corrupt their staffs.

A man in dark robes jumped down from a large tower. Kas'haran and Dex noticed him instantly, as he fell in a wierd way that was slower than normal.

'Kas'haran! Neutralise anything he does! I will try and attack him!'

'You cant, though, he's dark, like you!'

'Just because I cant hurt him directly doesnt mean I can hurt him indirectly.' Dex said. His book was gone.

The commander landed, and whipped up a dark Majiya attack quickly. Kas'haran managed to get a perfectly balanced neutralisation in, though, and a quick explosion erupted between them.

Dex was in the process of levitating a very large block of, well, ground. The commander blasted another attack towards him, to find it neutralised again, midway, by Kas'haran. The block of earth split into a thousand pieces, compressed into rock, and shot at the commander.

'Dex, let go of some of them!'

Half of the blocks seemed to drop in the air slightly as they were transferred from Dex's power to Kas'haran's.

'Dad! Mum! Tom! Combo on the eastern commander!'

Maeteru was unused to taking commands from his son, but did so anyway. Steam, lightning and flame whipped towards the commander, combining with the rock in a huge explosion.

A shockwave shot back, vaporising everything and knocking everyone in the Arena down but Kas'haran, Dex and the three elementals.

Time to go on the offensive.

Kas'haran ran towards the commander, whipping up more and more light Majiya from his infinite supply, shooting it towards the commander. It was neutralised time and time again.

'Kas'haran!' Dex yelled 'Spring!'

Something about that word planted itself in his head. The fury and adrenaline of the battlefield, combined with the weird expectant way Dex said it seemed to conjur something up in his mind.

FLASHBACK (OOC: Yeah, I know it's the same flashback.)

'Aovo Terrodis! Aovo Terrodis!'

Surges of sand blasted towards the demons all around the battlefield. One rushed towards him.

Two pincers appeared in front of his face. A claw stabbed down on his robes.

'Maeteru!' yelled a man to one side. The man threw a rune towards him. It had a diamond symbol upon it.

'BLAZUI!'

END OF FLASHBACK

Kas'haran stood up. He was still in the middle of the battlefield. Dex was dueling with the commander, no with Majiya, just with swords and kinesis.

'MAJIYA BLAZUI!'

Kas'haran's eyes glowed white for five seconds. Dex ran. Fast. Really fast.

Kas'haran erupted in a huge white glow. Light Majiya glowed around him. The commander tried shooting another attack at him, but didnt stand a chance. The commander's entire Majiya was instantly neutralised. Pulses of Light Majiya shot through the battlefield, centring out from Kas'haran, striking down any dark Majiya users within a hundred yards. Dex and Vahyn were already gone.

The Majiya Blaze faded. Kas'haran fell to his knees, breathing heavily.

The others ran over to him. Dex and Vahyn were quite a way behind, and had apparently hidden from the majiya blaze.

'Seems you've neutralised about fifty easterns instantly, and many more look very knocked out.'

Dex appeared. 'And you've restored a balance. There are almost equal amounts of Light and Dark Majiya in the air now.'

Kas'haran stood up.

'Time to get this final weapon.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 9:08 am 
Dragon Member

Location: USA, making other people's locations sound nonsensical us
RS Name: BeastZero
"Time to get this final weapon." Those words made Cratous grin. He had discovered he loved the rush of battle after killing a few Easterners. Now, they were finally going to find this weapon, and put a stop to the evil. Cratous had come to admire everyone in the group for their own special talents, and in turn he had worked hard to improve himself. It showed in this battle. Blood shone on his claws, and when he shook some of them to get it off, he noticed something. It was a diamond shaped symbol on one of his claws.

-A Flashback-

"Cratous, come here bud, it's time for you to eat." A reassuring and deep voice brought Cratous across the room, which was actually an Abyssal rift. He stumbled a little on his short legs, but he got to his father. "This is a body rune. It will let you shapeshift into a mortal race. You are...different from other Rune Beasts like your mother and I, Cratous. Instead of just absorbing the rune a couple of times and gaining the power to refine into an ability, you sort of...grab the power from the atmosphere when magic or another powerful force releases. So, I'll have to use a few runes so you can do that, okay?" Cratous didn't know what he was talking about but he watched his father transform into a human, then back, then human, then back. After he did that a few times, Cratous felt energy like he hadn't felt before. He focused hard on what his father had done...and he did the same thing, transforming into a young human. His father smiled and gave him his dinner.
-End of Flashback-

After that startling flashback, Cratous wondered if perhaps some magic along the journey had gotten to him. He retracted his claws and began to follow Kas'haran. "I agree. Let's get that weapon."

bloon wrote:
MY ESTROGEN TAKES OVER AND I AM ALL OOOOOOMG *SCREAMFLEE*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 10:02 am 
Chat Moderator

Front gate, outer wall

Michael had been having some problems transforming back into a human, it seemed the dark atmosphere negated it. But in a few minutes he had changed into a 15 ft tall rock golem.

Falkor on the other hand wasn't doing so good, the illusions had taken more then he thought and he had to let them go, they disappeared and a few easterners slashed each other accidentally when their enemy disappeared.

Falkor fell down into a group of easterners, he was still quite able to keep his Abyssal Glyder form active.

"Well what are you waiting for fools, bring me to the captain, he'll want a report." he said in his vampiric voice

Falkor had command over most normal soldiers and guards, one because most easterners feared abyssal glyders and two because the captain had given more authority to the glyders.

They brought Falkor through a back way into the captains quaters.

"What happened out there, Xillogad?" Asked the captain, a tall person wearing a black cape and hood, but his hood was down and Falkor could see his face.

"A spirit army started walking to the castle walls from the west. And then they battered down the first gate." Said Falkor whos eastern name was Xillogad.

"And why couldn't you attack them? And help the guard?" replied the captain who looked quite angry.

"A force was stopping me from flying down there, and their spirits, how does one like me attack a spirit?" replied Xillogad

"Ermm. That's a good reason, even though your one of our best, I know how hard a spirit is to defeat."

"The spirits left a few minutes ago and then I fell down into a group of your men. I was severely weakened by the spirits."

"Fine, stay here then while we go to meet the intruders." said the captain as he left.

The captain's quarters were one of the only four ways into the 9th inner ring, the ring with the final weapon. So Falkor was told to guard the door to the final ring if anyone was to enter the captain's quarters.

Meanwhile back at Michael

"Hmm, stone wall, misewell go through it and search for the others." He thought to himself

He went up to the wall (he's just inside the first gate, so this is the wall you would see as you enter) and he punched the wall. It shuddered and fell down with a second punch. A 10 ft gap was left and he walked through.

He surprised 20 easterners and killed 5 with the falling wall. He picked another up and used it as a club. Their spears and swords were useless and none of these could use their Majiya.

---------------------------------------------------------
Main group, central court yard of the 2nd inner ring
---------------------------------------------------------

Everyone had been knocked down by the blast but Skyrate, Alex, Gia, and Cratous had only been knocked down, the others were tumbled away a few feet from where they had been standing.

Jason could feel his laying on of hands ability coming back to him and so used some on Kas'haran. It helped a little bit but he was exhuasted because of the major use of Majiya.

"He'll have to create more Majiya, he's a spring though so he'll be back to normal within 6 hours." Said Dex.

Maeteru had to help Kas'haran walk in some areas.

A wall blew out right infront of them as a rock golem appeared.

"Gergol multin Svay" Said the golem

"Its Michael." Said Tom who could understand that elemental language.

"I figured as much." Said Skyrate grinning

"Let's go further in, to the weapon!" Said Kas'haran

With Michael as a 15ft tall golem weighing over a ton and Gia with his amazing strength most doors didn't stand a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 11:46 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Majiya can be directly forced into something to neutralize and ultimately kill it. At the same time, majiya can also be used as a last resort healing ability. However, due to its great limitations, it is not often relied on.

To heal someone the same majiya type as the healer, the healer must have more majiya stored then the wounded. He will connect with his majiya and balance it between them so both will have equal amounts. The healer will die a little and the wounded will heal a little.

To heal someone of the opposite majiya type is even less reliable. The healer, if only level 2, will have to use a great amount of his majiya to force the neutralized majiya apart by directly taking out the dark majiya. This hurts the healer more then he actually heals. This method, of course, can only happen if the wounded actually has neutralized majiya in them, which is mainly caused by a direct majiya attack of the opposite origin. If they were wounded by any other conventional means, then there would be no way for the healer to heal the wounded.

It is said that if a creature lived in a place where the majiya concentration in the air is greater then their own, and is of the same type, then they can live forever. That is not true. They can merely heal themselves faster. That doesn't mean they are immortal. Once again, they actually die if they lose their ability to contain their own majiya.

The only difference is that whoever dies in such an area can never become a ghost due to the fact that they will never run out of majiya. They're either alive and solid, or dead and no longer part of this universe.

EASTERN OUTPOST?

They were everywhere! A great number of them. Essences of dark majiya in themselves, if that was even possible. Slouching headless shapes with glowing purple crystalline eyes on the top of their torsos, pushing and inching their way forward as though they were half headless-humanoid, half giant slug.

They were tall, too; I could barely see the sky over top of them. I knew that it was burning, though. The heat and the ash in this air was thick and difficult to see through.

Once again, I found myself unable to move. Trapped in some sort of binding that limited the movement of my whole body except for my head. It was also so numb that I didn't even think that I still HAD a body.

Behind them stood a vast shadow of a much larger and deadlier creature supporting four arms. One of them held what looked like a giant kitchen knife, the others were composed of what appeared to be large metallic claws. It was strangely built - the forewarms were thicker then the torso and the legs were longer then all its arms combined. Unlike the shadows, it had a head, but it hung loosely downward as though there were no bones in its neck.

In the center of the top of its head was a single eye, enveloping almost the entire surface area. A large red bloodshot pupil stares over the army of shadows that surrounded me, as though it was actually casting a light show of them. One couldn't tell just by looking, but I somehow knew that it was controlling all these shapes. Before they finally engulfed me, its eye closed and its actual head rose up from the neck.

It looked a bit like Dex ...

EASTERN OUTPOST - PAST THE FIFTH WALL

"Alex! Wake up!"

I opened my eyes. Gia was standing over me on all fours, half to watch my movements and recovery, and half to use his hide to deflect incoming missiles. His large glowing white pupil-less eyes said it all. I went unconscious again.

Why NOW? Why in the middle of a battle? I heard the sounds of war and shouting all around me. Something large and heavy struck Gia in the back, but he hardly seemed to notice. I had to get up. I was only being a hinderer.

"Alex 43, you weren't even HIT by anything!" I heard the voice of Cratous in the distance.

I rose to my feet. I was numb all over, and Gia had to help me up. A flashing on the ground under me told me that my symbol was flashing on and off very quickly, which usually doesn't happen unless I have been working extremely hard at something.

It was folly to ask, but he did it anyways, "Did you just have another envision?"

"Yeah." I said, "Same thing as last time, except one minute more. The usual."

"By the way you were shaking, I thought you were hit by an invisible, never-ending lightning bolt. It keeps getting worse and worse!" he said.

"Well, it's over now." I said, finding my spear back in my hand, "So let's get this sabotage mission done and over with and go home so I can figure out just what's going on with me."

"Yeah ... there might be a little difficulty there."

Dex approached me. Something that resembled a twisted rock and metal ball with blood all over floated next to him.

"What?" I asked.

"Because the air has been more neutralized, I lost the ability to open portals here. We'll have to get out the old fashioned way." he explained.

Gia and I looked at each other.

"No matter." I said, charging alongside the two of them back into battle, "It's just a matter if getting out before reinforcements arrive, that's all."

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 12:47 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: paidsaint
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: who needs one?
Momsrascal remembered the ring of life she bought at the general store and gave it to Elise. "You'll need that more than I will.", Momsrascal said. Elise put on the ring and charged into battle. Momsrascal slashed at the easterners. Elise soon started to get that dim brown glow in her eyes. Elise began to freely shift the earth below her. She wrapped up five of the easterners in a pillar of earth. She squeezed them like an anaconda until they died. "This girl has to be an earth elemental! How else could she manipulate the earth like this!?" Momsrascal thought to herself. Elise's power seemed to multiply as she defeated more of the enemy ranks. Elise's strength gave out suddenly. Momsrascal ran over to Elise and went to carry Elise over her shoulder. Cratous offered to take Elise to a safer location. Momsrascal agreed to let Cratous take care of her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 1:45 pm 
Chat Moderator

Michael looked at Elsie as Cratous took her to a safer area. He knew she was an earth elemental but he'd never known of any to beable to use their power at such a young age, unless... No. It couldn't be. They had all died, or had they?

There wasn't time to think about that now, they were at the sixth gate, only 2 left till the final one.

"Gritter berk dach." Tom said to Michael, unfortunately Michael could only talk in one of the elemental forms he was capable of changing into while in a form. It was a good thing they had picked up Tom.

Gia and Michael got ready to hammer down the sixth gate.

BAAANNNGGG CRACK! The door sundered into pieces.

"Let's go, reinforcements will be here in any minute!" Shouted Skyrate over the sounds of battle.

Kas'haran seemed to have gotten the hang of his Majiya. He was now quite easily destroying the easterners, although he had to rest every now and then because he still wasn't at full, or as near to 'full' as a spring can be.

It had taken two hours to get through the third, fourth, and fifth rings, it should take about another hour to get to the ninth.

"Have you noticed something," I said as I finished off another easterner "that these are becoming weaker?"

"Yes," Said Karl jumping over one and stabbing him in the back "the inner rings should have stronger defenses."

"Karl! Look at this!" Said Valence shouting

Karl and I ran over to Valence.

"Its a secret passage leading further into the fortress." he said

"That's odd, why would they have it so close to the this gate?" I said

"One of Meateru's fireballs blew the wooden covering away I should say." Said Karl

"Well let's try it, it can't hurt us any." Said Momsrascal running in, she had a few easterners following her that Valence, Karl and I took care of.

Everyone ran into the passage way, except Michael, he was too tall. The passage way was found before Cratous had gone to far and he was called back and they went in also.

"Rerg talc ket!" said Michael annoyed

He changed into a puddle and a humanoid figure appeared out of it. The power unleashed by the change blew away the easterners near him.

He ran into the tunnel after Gia and they pushed some rocks into the doorway, preventing anyone from coming after them, or them escaping.

"Why'd you do that?" Said Karl "Now we can't get out."

"Would you rather them chase us in here?" Said Gia

Point taken, better for us all to be in here then have to keep fighting out there. Besides, with the abilitys we all have we could always tunnel out.

"Meateru, a light?" Said Skyrate

Meateru sparked up a flame at the end of his staff and Arasa put a little lightning bolt inside hers. We now had a fair bit of light, and most of us could see fine.

"Only thing to do is to follow this tunnel." Said Skyrate

Skyrate and Dex led the way with Meateru and Alex behind them. Michael and Tom made the rear guard.

We walked for what seemed like hours in this dark tunnel, it never turned to the side, it just went straight.

After about an hour we came to a door, it was examined and found to be solid iron, we couldn't know how thick though.

Gia and Michael went to the front and tried pushing it, no luck.

"There must be some way, someone wouldn't just make a tunnel lead to a solid iron door." I said

"Wait a minute, there's some language written on it, I can't discern it though." Said Gia

"They look partially familiar," Said Skyrate examining them

"Light is to Dark as Water is to..."

"A riddle?" Asked Cratous puzzled "Why would someone put a riddle like that on a secret passage way?"

"Don't know but the answer to the riddle will open the door, I think." Said Skyrate