Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bots and Real-World Trading Ads
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 4:32 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
This is a response with regards to the recent news post on the runescape site about the rule 7 problem in runescape here.

First of all, rsbandb does not endorse these sites. I have been blocking every single one that appears on our ads. Unfortunately we cannot do a wildcard block to block any sites related to runescape on our site, we can only block individual domains as they appear, and it seems these sites regularily buy new domains. I block about 5 domains a day now from our ads.

I know some of you would say, "Why don't you switch advertising companies?". Well to answer that, it's not that simple with our financial situation. This server costs us over $200 US/month to keep running and the ads are what pay for our site. We cannot afford to be switching ad companies trying them out only to find they will not be able to support us after a month of being with them.

Jagex is doing the right thing by trying to get rid of all these cheaters and autoers ruining their game, but they are also hurting everyone else too. I'd like to think fan sites help support their game, but apparently they are more focused on taking out every site related to runescape.

These rule-7-breaching-ads are no reason for you to stop visiting the site, seeing the ads will not harm your computer, and rsbandb has no key loggers of any sort on our site. If you see ads that are breaking any sites that may be breaking any runescape rules DO NOT CLICK ON THEM. Please send me the url that the ad goes to in a pm, and I will add it to the block-list on our ads.

I should also remind you that you should not enter your runescape password on any site except http://www.runescape.com, and you should not use the same password on any other site. If you do now, I strongly suggest you change all your passwords to be different for different sites.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 4:32 am 
Site Owner

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 4:49 am 
Dragon Member

We have a lot of globals up O_o

Anyway, it is rather sad that people now make money by selling RS Cash. This has gotten way out of hand and I hope that Jagex will eradicate them 4-eva.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 4:53 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
DON'T LISTEN TO MIKE, HES WORKING WITH THE CHINESE SLAVE TRADERS , THAT'S HOW RSBANDB GETS IT'S FUNDING:

viewtopic.php?t=49891

BOYCOTT RSBANDB1!1!

/I joke!! Yeah, i've seen a few rs gold ads today, didn't forward themt hough, will do next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 5:13 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Could we (RSBandB) get in trouble with RuneScape for having these adds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 5:47 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Ranging God wrote:
Could we (RSBandB) get in trouble with RuneScape for having these adds?

The most jagex can do is tell people not to come here, those that do come and stay here are to loyal to just up and leave like that. So no, not as far as i know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 4:18 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: 9073461425
I think that Jagex shouldn't have mentioned exactly where the who were harvesting Runescape gold. Being a level 3 skiller myself I now get called the bad name for Chinese, Korean, and Japanese people.

In understand that Jagex's intentions were good though, so i'll endure.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 4:18 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 4:25 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: mainiacks
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: rsskillers
I hate talking i get yelled at for autoing.

god knows how you got herpes.

Spoiler for race:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 11:34 am 
Black Member

RS Name: fiann62
First let me say I hate people who cheat. However, I thought the most interesting thing about Jagex's announcement was calling these people who work for rs gold "sweatshop" workers. Now, I'm sure there are negative aspects of their job, but I'm not sure it can be grouped with people forced to work in crowded conditions making clothing, shoes and other consumer goods for long hours with no breaks etc. RS fishing, picking flax etc. may be tedious and boring, but I don't think it ranks up there with loosing a finger in a sewing machine.
All that said, I'm fine with any efforts make to stop rw gold selling. The idea of people buying gold in rs makes no sense to me anyway. The whole point of the game is to create a charater, build up skills and aquire good equipment. What kind of enjoyment is gained by buying gold or scamming. I just don't understand the cheater mentality I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 11:48 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: A I C S
Snowfox wrote:
I think that Jagex shouldn't have mentioned exactly where the who were harvesting Runescape gold. Being a level 3 skiller myself I now get called the bad name for Chinese, Korean, and Japanese people.

Gold sellers have no items, skills look rich. People are just retarted.

Post subject: Macro-ers
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 5:26 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Fuzzydooodle
Clan Name: Games4funrs
To be honest these Macro-ers getting out of hand, ever since i read that announcement i decided to right down every Macro-er i see and send them to jagex in a message at end of the day.

I'm sending up to 55 Names a day to jagex :bow:

I know some say, 'whats the point? they just going to make more' The point is trying to help.

I also see a lot of adverts About Runescape gold, i ain't reported any of them yet but I'm going to from now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 6:14 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sparty Pants
Snowfox wrote:

Its because your username consists of numbers, probably everyone who sees you will think you're an autoer. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 6:54 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
If everyone helps in reporting these adverts, then it should get done quickly. I've a question though, if we see something like;

"Buy RuneScape 2 on Ebay"

Should we report that? Technically the website isn't doing it on purpose but it will direct a person to a place where people are selling Runescape cash, and other items.

Nevertheless, if people STOPPED BUYING this wouldn't need to be done, I blame the market putting ridiculous prices on things. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 12:33 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Monstermas22
Clan Name: Skillah_Kings
It will help if you tell Jagex the alleged RWT sites via customer support and report any suspected macros you see.

Note: If the person you reported is NOT a macro, you will not be banned. Keep reporting suspected macros, and soon, Runescape will be Autoer-free!

Dragon Left half drops: 14
Most Recent: 1/24/11 (Black Demon task; Kuradal)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 10:16 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Anubis wrote:
If everyone helps in reporting these adverts, then it should get done quickly. I've a question though, if we see something like;

"Buy RuneScape 2 on Ebay"

Should we report that? Technically the website isn't doing it on purpose but it will direct a person to a place where people are selling Runescape cash, and other items.

Nevertheless, if people STOPPED BUYING this wouldn't need to be done, I blame the market putting ridiculous prices on things. ^^

Yes, still report it if the context of the ad is breaking runescape rules. Ebay.ca and ebay.com have been banned for months already so those should not be appearing.

I think some google ads are region based though, so I might not see ads that other people see, that's why I need people to report any rule breaking ads they see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 7:59 am 
Iron Member

RS Name: na0624
Snowfox wrote:

Well if they pointed out exactly who is doing it, you would just be called that with the word Chinese, Korean, or Japanese in front of it so it really does no good. Plus sweatshops are in all of those places so there really is no point because they are all to blame.

fiann wrote:
First let me say I hate people who cheat. However, I thought the most interesting thing about Jagex's announcement was calling these people who work for rs gold "sweatshop" workers. Now, I'm sure there are negative aspects of their job, but I'm not sure it can be grouped with people forced to work in crowded conditions making clothing, shoes and other consumer goods for long hours with no breaks etc. RS fishing, picking flax etc. may be tedious and boring, but I don't think it ranks up there with loosing a finger in a sewing machine.
All that said, I'm fine with any efforts make to stop rw gold selling. The idea of people buying gold in rs makes no sense to me anyway. The whole point of the game is to create a charater, build up skills and aquire good equipment. What kind of enjoyment is gained by buying gold or scamming. I just don't understand the cheater mentality I suppose.

As for this, yea but the computer sweatshops are about the same. Everyone's crowded in one not so big room on cpus working for hours on end with tired limbs. All with the possibility of getting carpel tunnel within a year! In my opinion, worst desk job ever.