Post subject: Attention SKOTM Competitors and High Scores Users
PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 11:58 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Update: Please note that the below is for the October SKOTM. The rules for the November SKOTM are listed on the signup page.

With Jagex's recent release of display name changes there is the potential for your SKOTM progress to not be updated if you've changed your name. We will be putting a more permanent system in place for name changes site wide in the coming days.

For the mean time if you've changed your name and are competing in SKOTM please send me a private message on the forums with your new name, old name, and a picture of you in game proving you own this new name. If you don't do this your progress won't be updated daily and any experience gains made will show as one large lump sum once your name is changed over.

With this being said I am currently not sure of the system that will be put in place for the highscores as they're not one of my projects.

Update: Users can now request their name change be reflected on the Community High Scores with this form. Requests will be approved by an admin before going live.

Last edited by Shane on October 30th, 2009, 4:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
High scores info

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 11:58 am 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: Attention SKOTM Competitors RE: Name Changes
PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 2:01 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Xbladez
yea having it effect the rs official highscores is gonna cause a bit of turmoil thru out the fansite communities. #-o im sure jagex will eventually make a way for us to follow changes on their light version. [-o< however until then have fun with all that change over work. :wink: :cry: :roll:

edit: a side note just adding the new names to your friendlist temporarily should prove they have claimed it as it shows the previous name for the first week or so at least.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 3:09 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: itally4life
RS Status: Classic
changed my name from "its not me12" to "xits not mex".... just didnt want any numbers :P

Cooper wrote:
mining? all people do is powermine anyway, no money in it. with the exception of italy4lyfe (italy4nolifemining)

PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 5:45 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
too much trouble, really cbf doing all that :/

PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 6:23 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
For anyone who changes their name and wants to keep their high scores progress and accomplishments, there is now a form to request the display name change.

I will migrate all progress and accomplishments over to your new account when I get a chance. In order to make sure nothing is lost, you must put your new name in your RS Name field in your forum profile on the same day that you change your display name.