Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The Sandbox
PostPosted: August 19th, 2008, 3:57 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
I just came back from holidays and i was looking for the sandbox :P .
I just saw this topic now.

Doesnt affect me much since i never used it a lot. Maybe this will make other parts of the forum more active.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 19th, 2008, 3:57 pm 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2008, 3:08 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Kill Kenny97
This topic is turning into the sandbox, all the flaming and stuff. Sad to see the Sandbox go. We can survive without it.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2008, 9:22 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
I'll give my opinion now, wasn't to interested till it'd been gone for a few. Seems like it was the better idea, activity is up, we've had more interesting topics of discussion the site has not killed over.

We've not got an area for idiots and stupid posts to be made, for people to be rude to new members just trying to find their feet. I kept my nose out of this one the best i could because i wasn't to sure how it'd go down. It's nice to see most of our members have accepted it and seen it for the better.

This is a means of improving, we want to grow not remain the same, we've always had a steady flow of 20-40 active members and i think the way forward is expanding on it and keeping our unique atmosphere at the same time.

As for public vote or not, well...i hate to say it but Mike and Shane pay a fortune to keep the site running, unless someone would like to pay half you shouldn't really expect them to ask for anyones opinion, the fact that they do should be the important thing.

They might not ask people you like, or respect or even think very highly of but there people they trust enough to give an honest opinion and not lie like some yes man. I've had several arguments in the past because I've disagreed with things and sometimes these decisions can get very heated.

It's in our best interest to make the site a better place, not worse that really doesn't benefit anyone. You have a voice, you're welcome to suggest in the site area, you're welcome to PM them or myself and I'll pass it on if you have anything you need to know, things don't get ignored but you can't please everyone.

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2008, 6:41 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: joekid67
ya know i never used the sandbox but i think there should have been a vote and a special podcast regarding its fate. The podcast would have said the mods side and all of our opinions are obvously known and then AFTER listening to the podcast the votes would be cast. after the votes came in the chatroom would become a negociation room... thats what i would have done, so maybe next time site admins and mods you will consider this because isnt it a lot nicer when we r all happy?

And i see the point with shane and mike, but isnt there a way to run a site for cheaper? (i dont know im not into running websites dont think im an idiot, i seriously dont know)

PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 2:48 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: panda1233211
RS Status: F2P
im new, wats this sandbox thing anyways?

EDIT: Please use the edit button to fix the spelling errors next time instead of making a 2nd message. ~Southrend

PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 3:33 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryno nub
RS Status: P2P
panda1233211 wrote:
im new, wats this sandbox thing anyways?

It used to be an area of the forums where rules were a bit more lenient. Spam was allowed to a wider extent, whereas it isn't allowed at all elsewhere. It was also a place to post things which wouldn't fit into another forum, such as things like notices and irrelevant information which could be posted for a joke or more serious matters.

It used to be relaxed in the sandbox but in the past few months there has been an increase in unfriendly discussion and disrespect to other forum members. Rules became more strict but there was still unwanted behaviour present, so the sandbox has therefore been removed, not just because of this, but also because of the lack of discussion in other forums (as the sandbox was also used for questions and debate which could be put into another forum).

Hope that answers the question.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 3:33 pm 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: August 26th, 2008, 7:20 am 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
oh noes wat hav u done ?

Lol tbh I dont really care, I was a spammer but I guess its better like this. At the end, It souded more like ''WarBox''. With the rules ''All flamming and insults goes here, Welcome''.

Tbh, Good riddence,
For the greatest good.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2008, 8:24 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Terrorwraith
Clan Name: sʇsılɐuoıʇɐu-ɐɹʇln uɐıssnɹ
Steven wrote:
...A LOT of trends were started there....

You mean RSBandB specific memes?

PS Wow, it's gone? Really gone? Forever?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RSBandB » RuneScape Bits & Bytes Site » The Sandbox Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]