Forum rules

• Post lots of detail. Things that should be posted include: time (UTC based is best), date, place, world, and most importantly, what will be happening.
  • Send a PM to Mike or Shane if you would like your event to be added to the forums upcoming events notification.
  • All events must be posted 48 hours (2 days) in advance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: H1P Presents: World Record Line Dancing Attempt!
PostPosted: July 8th, 2006, 9:42 am 
Black Member

RS Name: Calvernator
RS Status: P2P
H1P Presents: World Record Line Dancing Attempt!

Since this has never been done before, the first record will be easy to set! Come and join in for some good old cowboy-style line-dancing, and be a part of Runescape history!

Date: Saturday 15th July, 2006

Time:
6.00 PM GMT
7.00 PM BST
8.00 PM CET
3.00 AM ACST (Sunday 16th July)
4.00 AM in AEST (Sunday 16th July)
11.00 AM in PST
12.00 PM in MST (Noon)
1.00 PM in CST
2.00 PM in EST
Can't find your time?

Where: Runescape F2P, Falador Park

World: 30

What: A World Record Line Dancing Attempt!

Details: This is to start a tradition, a revolution! We aim to get as many people line dancing as possible. For this to work, we need everybody who is going to take part to read and follow the following instructions carefully:

All H1P staff will be wearing a blue wizard hat, with a wizard blue robe, blue skirt, yellow cape and an air staff. Please do as they ask you to do.

We will be meeting in Falador Park at the time mentioned above. When you arrive, you need to find yourself a place. Try and fill any gaps, but do not stand on top of somebody else. If you do, you will effectively be discounted, as the number of squares with someone dancing on it will be counted, not individual people. When everybody is in position, the H1P staff will begin shouting 'Dance people, dance!!!', and will continuously flash their private chat on and off, so add a member of staff if you can. A list of H1P staff is below.

When the instructions is given to dance, you begin to shake your thang!! Whether it be the standar 'Dance' emote, or if you feel like doing a 'Jig', or maybe you are a hard rock 'Head-banger', it doesn't matter, just dance! There will be several judges who can be recognised by wearing Full black robes, with a wooly hat and scarf, with a yellow cape and magic staff. They will be counting up the number of people dancing, and at the end an average will be taken.

The order of 'Stop Dancing!' will then be given, with private chat flashing on and off again. This, not surprisingly, means that the count has been taken, and you can stop dancing (if you wish :wink: ) We will work out the average and post it on all the fansites that this post has gone up on, along with a video of you lot shaking your booty.

In addition to this, there will be one judge, who will remain anonymous who will be judging the best dancer. They will be announced in game at th end of the record attempt, awarded 25k as a prize, and asked to give a demonstration of their silky samba or jiggling jive!

We hope that this will be a success, but it can only work with cooperation. This is the first of its kind, and after it has been done, we challenge other events teams to beat us!

H1P Staff list:
Imagenius128
Lanterna8
Selbbub

Judge List:
KS Jeppe (Tip.It Crew)
Gaogier (Rune Hints Owner)

Questions may be directed at me (Hobgoblin11/Calvernator), Honest1 or Im_Watchen.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 8th, 2006, 9:42 am 
Black Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2006, 3:36 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Gontcha
Clan Name: Pork Forces, gtfo MM!!
hehe, pretty crazy, count me in
hope i don't forget lol

Post subject: Re: H1P Presents: World Record Line Dancing Attempt!
PostPosted: July 8th, 2006, 5:07 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: de4thm4ge411
RS Status: Classic
Hobgoblin11 wrote:
H1P Presents: World Record Line Dancing Attempt!

Since this has never been done before, the first record will be easy to set! Come and join in for some good old cowboy-style line-dancing, and be a part of Runescape history!

Date: Saturday 15th July, 2006

Time:
6.00 PM GMT
7.00 PM BST
8.00 PM CET
3.00 AM ACST (Sunday 16th July)
4.00 AM in AEST (Sunday 16th July)
11.00 AM in PST
12.00 PM in MST (Noon)
1.00 PM in CST
2.00 PM in EST
Can't find your time?

Where: Runescape F2P, Falador Park

World: 30

What: A World Record Line Dancing Attempt!

Details: This is to start a tradition, a revolution! We aim to get as many people line dancing as possible. For this to work, we need everybody who is going to take part to read and follow the following instructions carefully:

All H1P staff will be wearing a blue wizard hat, with a wizard blue robe, blue skirt, yellow cape and an air staff. Please do as they ask you to do.

We will be meeting in Falador Park at the time mentioned above. When you arrive, you need to find yourself a place. Try and fill any gaps, but do not stand on top of somebody else. If you do, you will effectively be discounted, as the number of squares with someone dancing on it will be counted, not individual people. When everybody is in position, the H1P staff will begin shouting 'Dance people, dance!!!', and will continuously flash their private chat on and off, so add a member of staff if you can. A list of H1P staff is below.

When the instructions is given to dance, you begin to shake your thang!! Whether it be the standar 'Dance' emote, or if you feel like doing a 'Jig', or maybe you are a hard rock 'Head-banger', it doesn't matter, just dance! There will be several judges who can be recognised by wearing Full black robes, with a wooly hat and scarf, with a yellow cape and magic staff. They will be counting up the number of people dancing, and at the end an average will be taken.

The order of 'Stop Dancing!' will then be given, with private chat flashing on and off again. This, not surprisingly, means that the count has been taken, and you can stop dancing (if you wish :wink: ) We will work out the average and post it on all the fansites that this post has gone up on, along with a video of you lot shaking your booty.

In addition to this, there will be one judge, who will remain anonymous who will be judging the best dancer. They will be announced in game at th end of the record attempt, awarded 25k as a prize, and asked to give a demonstration of their silky samba or jiggling jive!

We hope that this will be a success, but it can only work with cooperation. This is the first of its kind, and after it has been done, we challenge other events teams to beat us!

H1P Staff list:
Imagenius128
Lanterna8
Selbbub

Judge List:
KS Jeppe (Tip.It Crew)
Gaogier (Rune Hints Owner)

Questions may be directed at me (Hobgoblin11/Calvernator), Honest1 or Im_Watchen.

Hey, the time is different for AZ, since we dont have daylight savings :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2006, 11:53 pm 
Black Member

Sorry, but I am not American! Where is AZ? Arizona?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2006, 7:08 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Besadon
Nice dude i'll be there. Hopefull a lot of people will come. Now if you excuse me i'll be working on my dance routine :P

"War is cruelty. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."
-- WT Sherman

Check out my recently realized talent in blogging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2006, 8:20 am 
Black Member

Lol.

Anyway, this event is kicking off tomorrow, don't miss it!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 14th, 2006, 8:20 am 
Black Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2006, 8:58 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Lisaz
RS Status: F2P
good idea... i like it

bad that i'm not playing rs now

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2006, 10:05 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Gontcha
Clan Name: Pork Forces, gtfo MM!!
WTF? noone is there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2006, 11:28 am 
BANNED

gontcha wrote:
WTF? noone is there...

it's tomorrow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2006, 12:24 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

I was accidentally muted... they didn't even give me a reason in the offence thing :(. I am not playing Runescape until the mute is over. I will be muted tomorrow. Not coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2006, 3:31 pm 
Runite Member

Sweet, ill be there (hopefully I wont forget)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 15th, 2006, 8:50 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Demon Of Sun
Clan Name: I Kill Alone ~Ninja
So, on the link u made to times or stuff is that the times that it will be at same time in all the countrys like my country Sweden.. will it be 20:00 then that it says on the ist? :? :?:

[X]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 15th, 2006, 6:47 pm 
Runite Member

Dude so sorry I wasn't there :(

I had a B-Day party and I thought I would be there. Sorry :(

-- WT Sherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 16th, 2006, 1:31 am 
Black Member

First off I would like to thanks our judges. They did an excellent job and we are indebted to them.

Secondly, I feel some kind of apology is in order. This event did not turn out anywhere near as we had hoped. Our host of the event realised just hours before that he could not attend and the other H1P member scheduled to attend had a family emergency less tha half an hour before the event. As I am sure you realise, sometimes conditions work against you and mean that you can't do certain things, such as attending a H1P party perhaps. Unfortunately the same applies to us, and while we hope you can understand our problem, we do feel it necessary to apologise. Thanks again to the H1P members who did step in at very short notice.

And finally, thanks to you lot! without you this event you have been a complete flop. I am still working on getting a final fiure, but I will let you know as soon as I do.

Bye for now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 16th, 2006, 8:38 am 
Runite Member

Woot can't wait :)

And next time I will definetly be there ;)

-- WT Sherman