Forum rules

• Post lots of detail. Things that should be posted include: time (UTC based is best), date, place, world, and most importantly, what will be happening.
  • Send a PM to Mike or Shane if you would like your event to be added to the forums upcoming events notification.
  • All events must be posted 48 hours (2 days) in advance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Gladiatorz trawler Trip
PostPosted: March 28th, 2007, 8:23 am 
Who: Gladz, apps, friends
What: Monthly Trawler trip
When: Sunday, April 1st - meet at 2 PM EST (7 PM GMT)
Where: Meet at Yanille - if you're late, meet at Port Khazard
Why: Because trawling about with Friends is fun
Hosted by: Events Team

What you'll need
- 10 bailing buckets.
- 500 swamp paste.
- A smile.

Attire
Wear whatever you'd like to this one, there's no set theme. If you want to come dressed to the 9's, be my guest. On the flip side, if you want to come in some ridiculous, mismatched outfit, that's also completely acceptable.

The Event
Yes, it's that time again! Time to pull out your bailing buckets and swamp paste and get ready to have some fun!

Trawler is very straight forward. If you've never been to a trip before, you're missing out. I don't say that because it sounds nice - I say that because it is 100% true. Even if you're one of those people that hates fishing, there's always bizarre conversation going on while we trawl along.

Now, if you've been on trawler before but haven't gone since the update, you'll be happy to know that you can now deposit your fish to your bank.

Also, for anyone that comes and is below 79 fishing, I will give out all the mantas and turtles that I catch

We'll do the normal 4 trips - 3 where we actually try not to sink and the final trip where we sink and then swim around in the water. Who wouldn't want to swim with clanmates afterall?

Other info
Brief explanation of what you do on a trawler trip:

Leaks will appear almost immediately. Simply fix these (with swamp paste) and you're good to go. Sounds easy, yeh? The leaks don't just go away because you've fixed them Then again, that's part of the charm of the trawler.

As the trip continues, the boat will also start to fill up with water. This is where you'll need bailing buckets. Simply click on them in your inventory and you'll begin bailing. These need to be emptied once full of water though, so it's good to have somewhere around 10.

Final thing that needs tending are the nets. I usually take care of these as it's a horribly boring job. If anyone else would like to step up for this, I'll trade on and off with you. People doing nets need a better portion of their inventory devoted to ropes.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 28th, 2007, 8:23 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2007, 12:03 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
RS Status: P2P
Sign me up, I love Trawler :D.