Forum rules

• Post lots of detail. Things that should be posted include: time (UTC based is best), date, place, world, and most importantly, what will be happening.
  • Send a PM to Mike or Shane if you would like your event to be added to the forums upcoming events notification.
  • All events must be posted 48 hours (2 days) in advance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Which God Wars boss would you prefer to Kill?
Poll ended at July 27th, 2010, 11:12 pm
Armadyl God Wars 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Armadyl God Wars 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Bandos God Wars 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Bandos God Wars 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Saradomin God Wars 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Saradomin God Wars 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Zamorak God Wars 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Zamorak God Wars 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 22
 Post subject: God Wars Dungeon!
PostPosted: July 20th, 2010, 11:12 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jer99
RS Status: P2P
Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen, to the unofficial God Wars Dungeon event!

What is God Wars? God Wars is a dungeon north of Trollheim in which players can kill General's of their respective gods, and earning valualbe loot such as godsword hilts and gear while doing so. To access a specific general's room, a player must kill 40 of their minions, have a certain skill requirement and have a certain item with them to gain entry. This is a very dangerous place, but the rewards make up for the risk.

When is the event? 10:30pm Eastern time (3:30am GMT?) on Sunday, August 1st, as decided by the clan chat. The world will be one that is loot share, such as 157,158,131,46,51. If all of these are filled, we will have to world hop until we can find an empty one. We will meet in Edgeville approximately ~15 minutes before the events start, to make sure we have to proper gear/inventory to go.

How do we get there? To get to the God Wars dungeon, you must have completed the quests Death Plateau and some of Troll Stronghold. To use the teleport spell to trollheim, you must have completed the quest Eadgar's ruse, as it is a much more effective way to getting to God Wars. Once at the mountain top, travel north using the agility obstacles to speed up the travel time. Keep heading north past the troll ranger's on the mountain. Once past them, you can either push the boulder (requiring 60 strength) or walk through the crack in the mountain (requiring 60 agility) to get to the other side. Once there, go down the hole and you will be in god wars dungeon.
If you have not been in God Wars before, you will need to speak to the dying knight there, receive his notes, and use a rope on the hole in the ground. The rope is only required once, as it will stay in the ground.

What are the requirements? A rope, if you have not been, One of: ( 60 strength of 60 agility ), One of ( 70 strength, 70 agility, 70 range or 70 hp ), one of ( hammer, mithril grapple, 2 ropes, or a light source)

Why are we doing this? For fun! This is an awesome opportunity for the community to get together and get some good loot, while having lots of fun. If you have any other questions about god wars, feel free to pm Jer99 in-game, or send me an inbox message on the forums or post here.

Some other useful information:
Having 43 prayer is almost a must. Most of the hard hitting monsters in there deal melee damage, so having protect melee is necessary. Having a high combat level and hp level will also help, as you will survive longer. Wearing a piece of the god's atire (such as a zamorak dragonhide body) will make those monster types neutral to you, thus not attacking you. They will only retaliate if you are attacking them. Having a 1 click teleport such as ectophial or a tele tab is vital, incase of emergency. The main area in god wars dungeon is filled with monsters from all 4 sides, so you will probably be getting attacking 100% of the time unless wearing gear that prevents those monsters from attacking. Remember, you can die almost instantaneously, so only bring stuff you are sure you won't lose. We will be in the clan chat Jer99 using coinshare.

The boss we will be killing is K'ril Tsutsaroth. He can hit through prayer, dealing an extra 30 damage or so over his maximum when he does hit through prayer. His max hit is 463 with melee, 497 through prayer and 300 with magic. He has 2550 hp, And is level 650. Although he is the highest level monster in gwd, he is the easiest boss in there, having somewhat low defence and attack. Praying melee against him is the best even though he can hit through prayer, because he does not hit through prayer often. He is poisonous and can hit up to 160 with it. The 3 mini-bosses in his room are Tstanon Karlak, who uses melee and his max hit is 210, Balfrug Kreeyath wh uses magic and a max hit of 170, and Zakl'n Gritch who uses range and has a max hit of 190. There is an atlar in the room that we can pray at every 10 minutes, and can only pray at when every monster in the room is dead. Their spawn time after the boss has died is approximately 3 minutes and 30 seconds, giving us plenty of time to reorganize for the next spawn. Kril and the melee mini boss both spawn in the northern side of the room, and the remaining two spawn in the southern side of the room. 70 HP is required to enter the zamorak side of the gwd, swimming across the river. Ranging and maging is not recommended as it is slower to kill the boss.

Recommended levels are:

-43 prayer
-70 attack
-70 defence
-70 strength
-Ability to teleport trollheim

Zamorak god wars requiers a "tank" to kill. K'ril Tsutsaroth will pick someone, normally the closest to him or someone who attacks him first, and target that person until either the person or K'ril dies. Normally there are 2-3 tanks taking turns tanking the boss. Here is the setup for the tank:

Gear is:

-Helm of neitiznot > Barrows helm > dragon helm
-Karils/Black dragon hide top
-Karils/Black dragonhide bottom
-Unholy symbol>Fury>Glory
-Fire cape/skill cape
-Dragon boots>rune boots
-Barrows gloves
-Ring of wealth
-DFS>granite shield
-Whip> dragon scimmy

inventory is:

1 click teleport
1 super antipoison (4 dose)
18 sara brews (4 dose)
8 super restore (4 dose)

Wearing dragonhide is the best because the tank will be praying melee against the boss. Kril also hits with magic attacks, therefore dragonhide is the best. Having some melee and range defence is also good because of the 3 mini bosses in the room sometimes attacks the tank too, so having that extra defence is good. Sara brews are the best because they provide the most health per inventory slot possible. And remember, you only need 1 zamorak item, such as an unholy symbol, zammy d'hide top, zammy d'hide bottom, or zamorak cape.

The rest of the team is there just to dish out major damage to the boss. These guys will almost never be attacked by the boss, so the only damage they will be taking are from the 3 mini bosses. Here is the setup for them:

Gear:

-Helm of neitiznot > berserker helm
-Fire cape > skill cape
-God sword > whip/saradomin sword
-DFS> saradomin book > rune defender
-Unholy symbol > fury > glory
-Black dragonhide body/Karils > zamorak dhide
-barrows legs >dragon legs >rune legs
-Barrows gloves
-Dragon boots > rune boots
-Ring of wealth

Inventory:

1 Super attack (4)
1 Super strength (4)
1 Super antipoison (4)
1 click teleport
6 prayer potions (4)
2 super restores (4)
12 shark
4 saradomin brews (4)

This setup will provide alot of defence from the little damage that you will take, while keeping attack bonuses high. The saradomin brews in the end are mainly for if you run out of shark and have no more super pot doses left.

Getting the kill count:

To enter the bosses room, you need to get a kill count of 40 of that god type to get through the door. Here is a picture of god wars dungeon, the zamorak side is the north eastern part of gwd:

There are many monsters in here to kill, but the easiest ones by far are the imps that are level 7. They are in the eastern side of the zamorak area. They will do no damage, and are the fastest to kill. The only problem with that is we will probably have to world hop to get a spot on the imps, because there is only about 5 spawns in each world. Here is an action shot of the imps:

Once everyone get's their 40 kills, we will go to the wait spot which is at the door to the boss room.

Once everyone gets here and we find a world that has no team in it, the tanks will go in first praying melee, and grab the attention of the boss. Once that has happened, everyone else will go in and kill the boss, with piety or whatever prayers you can use. Once the big boss is dead, we will kill the maging mini boss, ranging mini boss and melee mini boss. Once they have all died, everyone will head to the north east corner (beside the atlar) and wait for the boss respawn. Once they respawn, the tanks will attack the boss first, followed by everyone else. We will repeat this until people are out of food and pots and have to teleport.

Last edited by Jer99 on July 29th, 2010, 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 20th, 2010, 11:12 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: God Wars Dungeon!
PostPosted: July 21st, 2010, 9:13 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: I Tank Yooh
Clan Name: EpicNom
Very nice event. Sorry i won't attend the event, as I'm currently grinding EXP in fishing ;). But i gave my opinion on the poll, Zamorak is the only one i really have Experience in. I tank alot for my friends and he by far the eaiest boss to kill, in my opinion. So yeah, best of luck with the event, people should definately go.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2010, 9:06 pm 
Runite Member

Thank you for the post Tanked You! Good luck in your fishing endeavours, by your sig it looks like your aiming for 99.

If you guys could, please try to spread the word of this event, there is only 9 votes so far, i would like there to be alot more to see more community involvement with this. Just think of that hilt drop!

PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 7:41 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: I Tank Yooh
Clan Name: EpicNom
Jer99 wrote:
Thank you for the post Tanked You! Good luck in your fishing endeavours, by your sig it looks like your aiming for 99.

If you guys could, please try to spread the word of this event, there is only 9 votes so far, i would like there to be alot more to see more community involvement with this. Just think of that hilt drop!

Your very welcome. You got some time left, you'll get people going. I'll try my best though.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 12:33 pm 
Runite Member

It has been decided! With 5 votes, we will be visiting the zamorak boss. I will put up some strategies and gear/inventory, and it won't be as sloppy as the dagannoth kings guide! It will be up at the latest on friday.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 9:05 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Owen1892
I'll try to make it there, if not on time. Sounds like a pretty fun event, hopefully a lot of people will go there and get involved. :) Just a few questions though, who's clan chat will this be in and will it be coinshare?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 9:05 pm 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 9:35 pm 
Runite Member

It will be in my clan chat, i have plenty of space on my friends list. I think we will use coinshare, because it splits the drops evenly whereas lootshare would give 1 or 2 people everything and everyone else goes home with empty pockets.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 7:20 am 
Dragon Member

Jer99 wrote:
It will be in my clan chat, i have plenty of space on my friends list. I think we will use coinshare, because it splits the drops evenly whereas lootshare would give 1 or 2 people everything and everyone else goes home with empty pockets.

Sounds good, just waiting for the guide now. :mrgreen: Hope I don't have to spend millions on buying more combat gear :P.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 1:48 pm 
Runite Member

Guide is up! check it out and gimme some feedback.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 6:55 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
My hope is that people actually come to this :D only 5 voted for this one...though i guess as long as we have someone to tank we'd be fine.. soloing zammy isnt all that hard so anything >1 is great

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 10:10 pm 
Runite Member

Ill be tanking, but having another one would be great. And yeah, 5 votes isnt alot, but i keep reminding ppl in the clan chat about it so hopefully people will come.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 11:50 pm 
Dragon Member

The guide looks pretty good, lots of information given to the people who don't know much about god wars. One thing you should mention, however, is that your prayer points will be drained upon crossing the bridge to get on the Zamorak side. Other than that, it's awesome! Looking forward to seeing y'all there. (I might be a little late depends when I wake up)

PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 9:35 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Pengu i n
A little late for me, I'll try my best to make it there. Looks like there will be a decent turnout.

Content Crew Oct 26, 2009 - Nov 22, 2012

PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 11:44 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
ll my map better Jagex should have paid me to make their maps.

I am coming if I remember/can afford sups.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2010, 2:49 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: iLethal
Hey guys, ive never done godwars before but it always sounds fun so ill be there tonight. I dont want to go in looking like a noob so any tips for me please? Good guide btw.
I have 70 att 70 str 71 def, and 72 cons with dharoks legs, whip, black dhide etc.
Thanks in advance !

-Lethal