Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 99 #13, Construction
PostPosted: March 14th, 2009, 9:06 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: MetalManiac9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Runescape Elites
So yes, I got 99 Construction.
I cut my own logs for it, planked them, made them into flatpacks without even using a servent.
The flatpacks were told to advisor Ghrim.
All of that only costed me around 21.7M which most likely is the smallest price payed for 99 construction thusfar.

A few pictures:

A big thanks to Alex 43 for making my 99 construction throphy:

Don't forget to take a loot at my Goals & Achievements thread!

To make it easy I quoted my construction history from my thread.

Quote:
Just after the construction update in Runescape I immediatly bought myself a player-owned house.
Then I started building random stuff, nothing too good or too fancy.
I continued like that until I was level 6.
Then I gained a few levels from quests and lamps until I was level 27 or something like that.
When I bought my first barrows item I wanted the best armour repair stand really bad.
To build that I needed level 55 construction so I decided to train it.
The method I used was mining limestone near the place where the odd old man is and then crafting it into limestone bricks.
After doing that I went to my house and build limestone fireplaces.
It was a tough thing to do but I kept pushing myself until I finally reached level 55.
After that I only trained my construction through tears of Guthix, genie lamps, experience books and later penguin points.
With all of that I reached 74 construction after quite a few months.
I quit using genie lamps, experience books and penguin points on construction when I started summoning because it wouldn't take long before I would set my mind on 99 construction.
A good month later, after getting 99 cooking, it finally was there, my next goal, 99 construction.
For months I have already thought about how I was going to train it effectively.
Yet there are 2 people who I have to thank for inspiring my goal, Ilovearagorn and Azhrei Dp.
Thanks to Ilovearagorn I had a foundation of my goal.
She gave me an idea where to cut my oak logs and how to convert them into planks the best way.
First I wanted to make oak larders but when I read Azhrei Dp's thread I rethought my oak larder idea and changed it into flatpacks.
That actually happened 2 days before I finished cutting my oak logs.
Anyways, my final plan goes like this.
First of all I cut 100k oak logs which I planked depending on how much dual rings I had.
For planking my logs I went with the hot air balloon to the sawmill and teleported to castle wars with the dual ring.
Ofcourse I got quickly out of run when I first started to I took a bath in the salt water spring at Oog'log which gave me unlimited run energy for about a half hour.
When I was out of dual rings I would usually go construct my oak planks into flatpacks.
First I started out with making oak benches because I thought advisor Ghrim would buy your flatpacks depending on the Grand Exchange value since oak benches were worth the most.
Not too much later I found out he buys your flatpacks at 10% of the resource costs so it didn't matter what oak-based flatpack I made so I decided to continue with carved oak tables since they require 6 planks instead of 4.
That means I could make more flatpacks in the same time.
I also used a spirit terrorbird to carry extra oak planks so I had to use less law runes.
After a spirit terrorbird went away I would usually rest out a little while selling my freshly made flatpacks to advisor Ghrim.
The cost of 99 construction alone is around 21.73m which most likely makes me the person to pay the least money for 99 construction.
By using sacred-clay hammers and selling my flatpacks to my kingdom I managed to reduce the price to it's minimum.
The whole goal took me around 2 months to complete.
With a high construction level you obviously need to build a great house too.
Obviously that would be the part that eats the most money.
My house costed me about 52m. (Picture)

↓▼↓

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 14th, 2009, 9:06 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: 99 #13, Construction
PostPosted: March 15th, 2009, 6:11 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: CHRiiS513
w00t congratz

Post subject: Re: 99 #13, Construction
PostPosted: March 26th, 2009, 4:45 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Wizards201
Dang dude, that's pretty impressive.

[center]Currently taking a break from RuneScape

Image[/center]
Currently Playing: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Halo 3.