Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Entertainer Rank Competition
PostPosted: March 9th, 2010, 11:59 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
As some of you already may have noticed, we have introduced a new rank called Entertainer. In this announcement I will explain why we introduced this rank, what we hope to achieve with it and how you can get this rank.

Runescape Bits & Bytes is a place with a relative small community. Because the community is quite small it also means it can be pretty quiet around here. Obviously most of you like it because it is a small community but we felt we should enlighten the place a little. We want to create a place where you can enjoy and have fun. Lately someone joined this site and started to make some "interesting" posts. We don't know how you reacted on these posts but they gave us a good laugh. And that's why we decided to get a group of people together that should do roughly (exact wouldn't be funny anymore) the same. Members of this group are allowed to make posts in a new forum, write guest articles/comics for the RSBANDBInformer!, have a guest appearance in the RSBANDBUpdate! and even get access to a new section on the website.

So here is what we are going to do. This topic will be the start of an application/contest. If you think you're also able to give us a good laugh or a good time, then you should tell and (even more important) show us why you should be in this group. There are no really specific rules except that you should try to make Runescape Bits & Bytes a better place to stay. Furthermore, it should be original (or in someones words: "Plagiarism will not be tolerated as well") without hurting others feelings.

You will have till the 23rd to submit your application in this topic, after that we will let the community decide who will get this new rank.

We wish you the best of luck and a very good time!

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 9th, 2010, 11:59 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Entertainer Rank Competition
PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 3:54 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Owen1892
RS Status: P2P
Haha this sounds like a pretty good idea for the RSBANDB! I am no entertainer myself, so I probably won't be signing up for this rank.

Southrend wrote:
Lately someone joined this site and started to make some "interesting" posts. We don't know how you reacted on these posts but they gave us a good laugh.

Oh yeah those posts were pretty funny even though they made no sense whatsoever.

Good luck to everyone that signs up!

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 5:43 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Just looking for clarification i don't fully understand this rank that guy was amusing but he was just making pointless topics..are people in this group going to do that..but in other areas? o.0

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 6:07 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
CreepyPirate wrote:
Just looking for clarification i don't fully understand this rank that guy was amusing but he was just making pointless topics..are people in this group going to do that..but in other areas? o.0

Well I wouldn't call all topics pointless. Creating topics or posts that nobody understands is only funny the first time, after that it gets annoying. However if someone decides to make comics (for example) he/she will get the space to create them. Do they serve a purpose? I'd say yes. If they're entertaining, they do.

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 7:57 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Southrend wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

Well I wouldn't call all topics pointless. Creating topics or posts that nobody understands is only funny the first time, after that it gets annoying. However if someone decides to make comics (for example) he/she will get the space to create them. Do they serve a purpose? I'd say yes. If they're entertaining, they do.

I get comics and things i thought you meant more people like the cnbc guy or whatever who just made those..rather weird posts.

edit: OVER EDIT: Ok you ill PM shane and ask what i asked in my edit cause if it is what i asked i dont want to be the one so ill do it privately.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 2:03 pm 
Runite Member

Location: In an underground lair, helping the monkies plan their overthrow of humans. us
RS Name: Regnenth
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Bloody Ravens
I guess I'll sign up i wrote a story that i guess a few ppl found entertaining. you can read it here : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78264

There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 2:03 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 2:40 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
CreepyPirate wrote:
Southrend wrote:
CreepyPirate wrote:

I get comics and things i thought you meant more people like the cnbc guy or whatever who just made those..rather weird posts.

edit: OVER EDIT: Ok you ill PM shane and ask what i asked in my edit cause if it is what i asked i dont want to be the one so ill do it privately.

I believe that the idea was conceived as a result of certain people's posts that have made a positive impact on other forum members, not just one person's postings in particular, so there is no need to emulate a specific forum member when entering the competition. I see this as a way to reward people for adding to the forum's good atmosphere and good cheer. Plus, the staff always enjoys a good laugh, as I'm sure other members do as well! :D

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 4:08 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Well, I'm already on the Informer, I have no sense of what is funny and what is not. I can't draw, Can already get access to the informer website, I can get onto the Update if I ask, but it sounds fun, I might give it a try, good thing this time you aren't just having people pm you to sign up like what happened with the content crew. :P

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 5:24 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Do "Your mom" or "That's what she said" jokes count as good content? Or is that too intense for the Entertainer? xD

Count me out. My sense of humor is too weak. I more cynical than anything. My humor could **** people off and make some others laugh, but Entertainer sounds like too hefty a job for me. If you create the "Rampaging Infernal" Rank, I'd be down to take that position. I'd probably be one of the few qualified ones here. :roll:

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 5:36 pm 

RS Name: Lord Earth
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Southrend wrote:
Lately someone joined this site and started to make some "interesting" posts. We don't know how you reacted on these posts but they gave us a good laugh.

He reminded me of Syntaxgs.

Is dry humor good in yall's book? :D

This better not be an April Fool's Day thing. If it is heads will roll :D

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 6:21 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: Badass San
Clan Name: Ex-Rune Raiders
Oh, a license to troll, i like this.

But after 1010 and Sean i don't think mods have a good impression of me, i'll skip, good luck friends.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 10:24 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Standing by my original position, I know RSBandB isn't as active as it once was but this isn't going to fix it. Still would be nice if it did work though so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Oh and trolling might be entertainment for a few of you but remember that Southrend is kinda the one wearing the pants here. XD

PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 7:18 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Saturnyne
Clan Name: Solum
I don't see how the rank is needed; Rewarding people for forcefully trying to be humorous or entertaining, or even pretending to be somebody else isn't something that really deserves a rank. I can appreciate the view of the staff; Trying to raise site moral and activity, but simply adding a new rank isn't going to do either.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 10:14 am 
Runite Member

Location: Doing weird experiments on people with the man in the hat(XKCD) br
RS Name: Exile Q
well, I guess I'll be the first to throw my hat into the proverbial circle. I won't be able to do much, but I will do what I can...
If you like "The Oatmeal", my humor is kind of like that.

A Kid asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" and Jesus said. "This much." And spread his arms out on the cross and died. If you believe that he did this for you put this in your signature.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 3:37 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Parselmouth
Clan Name: DGS
So am I just supposed to do something in my own topic on the forums or post it here?

RSN: Parselmouth | Jaysawn on ********