Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 280
PostPosted: October 25th, 2010, 11:30 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
King Kulla will be here this week. Asa/Brimmk will also be here this week as he's one of our new Informer writers.

Of course Chief and myself will also be present.

Read the FAQ before posting. Audio questions can go to questions@rsbandb.com or 571-57-bandb or 571-572-2632.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 25th, 2010, 11:30 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 280
PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 2:07 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Status: F2P
Hi guys, when you are at the runescape login screen and you press the key just to the left of the 1 key (it has a squiggly line on it) a developers window pops up. Try it and tell me what you think it is for, I've never heard anybody mention this before. Thanks and keep up the great show!

P.S. I am using a windows keyboard, i don't know if the key layout is different on a mac

Last edited by 1994jhg on October 27th, 2010, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 4:23 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Kleeed
Clan Name: BloodBrothers
Dear Shane n Kulla n chief snake + other hosts

shane, i am currently going for 99 cooking and 99 fletching, and i was wondering if you could tell me how you got your 99 fletching and the prices (if you remember), for 99 cooking i have been told to do sharks from my current level, what do you think?

thanks keep up the great showwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Daddydadadad (my normal rs name, lol dont ask)

Last edited by Kleeed on October 27th, 2010, 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 4:51 pm 
Steel Member

RS Name: Barrage Tank
Clan Name: The Imperial Legion
Dear shane chief kulla and asa,

I am trying to make my account a maxed ranged tank (which is 99 ranged, magic, defense, constitution, prayer and summoning). I have watched some ranged tanks in pvp and i was wondering what you think a good shield would be. Some of the ones ive seen are, Divine ss, Elysian ss, Blessed ss and the Dragonfire shield. please just tell me what u think that would be great :)
optimaniac

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 6:03 pm 
Steel Member

RS Status: Classic
Hey guys!

I'm finally back after a long break of playing sc2 and minecraft, along with my iPod touch having Internet issues. I have 5 questions this week. 0_0

1. Have you ever had major family and school issues? Lately I've been having such issue with piles of schoolwork and some of my friends being total jerks, and my parents not understanding me, then yelling and making things worse. This has lead to suicidal thoughts...

2. What do you think of Homework. I think it's stupid because we spend about 1/3 of the day at school, 1/3 sleeping and 1/3 of free time... (8 hrs each). Why should we lose up to half or more of our free time

3. What do you think of limiting things such as computer to say 4 hours a week as they becomed more ingrained with society. My parents limit the computer so much I never get on it.

4. A runescape question! OMG! If I'm going for 99 wcing, currently 80. What's faster xp, world hopping and chopping evil trees whenever I can, or only ivy?

5. Will BOTH chief and King Kulla play their musical instrument today! I love when you guys play music.

Thanks for answering all my questions this week
Werefoxz

p.s. Just say werefox, don't add the z when speaking it.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 8:24 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: nfhd1
Dear Hosts of Rsbandb

1.What were your favorite parts of middle school and what were least favorite parts.

2.Also do you support the space program fully as I feel that nixion messed it alll up

Thanks for awsering my questions, Nfhd

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 8:24 pm 
Bronze Member

PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 8:48 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
Shane, Brad 2.x, Kulla, and Asa,

1) What is your opinion on the new Xbox 360? Is it significantly better than the older one, or is it just implementing tweaks and fixes.

2) Have you guys heard about the item recently added to the grand exchange called "Ingredients"? It is an item from the halloween event, however in the event, the item is not one item, it is the multiple items used to make the whisky. I have heard that this is becoming a new rare and i have seen people on the Runescape forums offering large amounts of money for "Ingredients". Do you think jagex did this intentionally or was it a mistake?

3) And finally, which combat mellee combat skill to you think is more important: attack or strength? I personally think attack is more important and i will use a Bandos trip as an example. For monsters like Graardor who have a higher defence, having a high strength level will do you no good unless you have a high attack level. My attack level is 94 and my strenght is 85. I find it funny when i do pvp, because when fighting people with 99 strength and a lower attack level (80-) and are my f2p level (109) they cannot land a hit. Opinions?

Thank you for answering my questions
your BFF, Zant/Faro/Lucas

PostPosted: October 27th, 2010, 4:17 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Des_Zac
Clan Name: Sara Flrs
Hiya Shane n' Chief

A Question or two for each of you (Heehee, I rhymed there on accident)

Q1: Shane, I know next to nothing about coding and want to learn how to write in JavaScript, where do I get the program and what is the easiest way to start off? I am thirteen, have almost no money, and wish to make games.... can you point me in the right direction?

Q2: Chief, Can you please play the piano today, as you have been promising us listeners for a long time now? And what is your favorite book series?

And for both of you: If there was an avalanche, and you only had time to save one of these, which would it be: The love of your life or 100 people, if you only have time to save one? Please answer this as honestly as you can.

THE ORIGINAL DES

PostPosted: October 27th, 2010, 3:47 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Dothal Detra
Clan Name: Irenic
Dearest King, Shanetrekmon, Chiefy, and Mr. Asa,
I have two questions this week. The first one is: If I'm in no hurry to level farming, but I want to do one tree run and one fruit tree run, is it better to stick to willows and apples, where I am breaking even (I cut the willow branches with my secateurs), or to move up to maples and oranges, where I'm loosing a more than 150k per run, and only getting 2-3x the xp I'm getting now.

My second question is, have any of you heard of the free open source FPS game "Nexuiz"? The game is, in my opinion, quite fun, the graphics are decent - not Crysis great, but definitely bearable - and it is amazingly easy to learn to play. It might be a good game to add to the PC gaming event options, because it is free and for all operating systems.

P.S. I don't think we have anyone on the forums who can't run Nexuiz, seeing as I am totally lag free on a G5 2.1 GHZ 20 inch iMac from years long past (okay, like 5 years ago, but that seems like a lot to me).

PostPosted: October 27th, 2010, 9:12 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Kakariken
Hello Rsbandb, this is Kakariken here. If you had to move to the USA what state would you live in? I would recommend the state of Washington (where I live) because it is right below Canada, and is diverse in climate with the east side being almost a farmland while the west side has the foresty area. If you already live in the US, same question.
Also, do you think they Jagex will ever get rid of the trade limit?
Thanks, Kakariken

PostPosted: October 28th, 2010, 1:33 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: B66f
Clan Name: bitsbytes
To everyone, although I believe only Mr. Sapient will have something to say:
I'd like to start a digital diary, as such, and so am looking for some software I can use both on my mac, and my iPod touch (jailbroken) to access the same diary, which, as a bonus, may be available on the internet for access via a password. I have looked around, but all of the diary programs I have found have been very old, and some obsolete. Is there any hope for this, or will I have to code it myself (which, I believe is feasible for one person, although I wouldn't be able to offer it as a service to anyone else)?

Congratulations Asa on your new position :)

Thanks for taking my question,
Fudge.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2010, 9:18 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: DarkAbyss757
Dear Kings of RuneScape.
My question this week is Call of Duty Black Ops.
I personally wasn't going to buy it until i saw Treyarch was re-introducing zombie mode originally from World At War. Do you plan on buying it for this reason, were you planning on buying it anyway,
or are you not going to buy it at all. I think that the zombie mode, well to be honest, was the whole reason to buy World at War and will probably apply to Black Ops.
Can't wait to get this game!
Thanks,
DarkAbyss.