Post subject: The Slayer Guide
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 6:50 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: thief121212
RS Status: P2P
Thought it's about time I started to write a new guide, so I decided to make it Slayer. I'm doing the written parts first, then I will go into pictures.

The Slayer Guide

1. Introduction to Slayer
2. Your Best Friends, The Slayer Masters
3. Basic Slayer Equipment
4. Last But Not Least, The Slayer Monsters

1. Introduction to Slayer

Now, you may wonder what exactly Slayer is. Slayer is a skill in finding a weakness in a monster, and using that to your power to slay the beast. There are such types of people who are able to do this in the world and they are named Slayers. Hence the name Slayer.

Slayer invovles a series of getting assigned tasks of killing X amount of Monster. The steps procede as going to a Slayer master, getting a task, fulfilling that task, and then returning back to the master. It is as simple as that yes? NO. Slayer is one of the hardest skills to raise in the games, and if you are aiming for 85 Slayer, let me tell you, it will take you months at a time, so you may want to stock up alot before actually doing something.

Now, what does the Slayer level actually do for you? The higher the skill in Slayer means that you have more knowledge of monsters and are able to kill higher level monsters. However, not all Slayer monsters are so easy to kill just with a few shots from a Dragon Longsword. Some might be only weak to one combat skill, or some might need a specific item from a Slayer master to kill. There are several types of monsters out there for you to kill, and all you have to do is practice, practice and practice.

Is there any extras to this skill? Yes as a matter of fact there is. As your Slayer level goes up, with the ability to kill higher level monsters, means the higher level drops you can get. Now, I'm sure everyone knows that at 85 Slayer you can receive Abyssal Whips from the Abyssal Demons, but it won't be that simple. Drops such as that can take the longest of times. Special rare drops like Dragon or such won't be so easy to acquire. You only need to have some amount of time to concentrate on drops. They just need time.

Now, let's get started with the guide, enough of the introductions.

2. Your Best Friends, The Slayer Masters

As you may remember from my 4-paragraph introduction, there are Slayer Master whom which give you tasks to train Slayer. You CANNOT get Slayer experience by killing Slayer Masters. You only get experience by killing the monsters assigned to you. There are in total, 5 Slayer Masters. Each one has their own level of difficulty, so varying on your combat level, you should stick with those masters until you get better.

Slayer MasterDifficulty
BurthopeBeginners-Easy
CanifisEasy
Edgeville DungeonMedium
Lost City - ZanarisHard
Shilo VillageHardest

Burthope - North of the Heroes Guild

Slayer Master -- Turael

Description: He is the Slayer Master that gives out the easiest tasks of all. Also not to mention, if you are on a Slayer Task you cannot handle, he will allow you to take up another Task which would be easier. However you cannot trade an easy task for an easy task.

Canifis - First City in Mortanyia (Requires Priest in Peril quest)

Slayer Master -- Mazchna

Description: He gives out fair assignments. He is good for someone who is in their 60s or so. Fairly decent experience, just a bit far a walk.

Edgeville Dungeon - Underneath Edgeville

Slayer Master -- Vannaka

Description: You may remember him from Tutorial Island as some level-142 and master of Combat. He gives off very good experience, ranging from Giants to Dragons. Mainly he is incredibly good experience, and anyone from their 70s and upward should use him.

Zanaris (Lost City) - Lumbridge Swamp (Requires Lost City quest)

Slayer Master -- Chaeldar

Description: She is just bit more off from Vannaka. However she is more common to give out Dragon-type assignments. Handy for those rangers and Metal Dragon hunters, but other than that it's not very good experience. It is rather slow in my opinion.

Shilo Village - Karamja Jungle (Requires Shilo Village quest)

Slayer Master - Duradel

Description: I haven't used him, nor do I think I can use him seeing as how he wants me to be stronger every time I go to him. But from what my friends can tell me, he can give out alot of advanced Slayer tasks. He can give out alot of Metal Dragons and other assorted monsters that are above 80+. He is by far the hardest Master.

3. Basic Slayer Equipment

Now before you head into battle with those monsters, there may be certain items you MUST have on certain monsters, or else the worst will come to you.

The Enchanted Gem

Description: This little gem allows you to contact a Slayer Master to check on your progress, whereabouts on the Master, tips for fighting the monsters, and etc.

Bag of Salt

Description: This little bag of tricks allows you to kill a weakened Rockslugs.

Rock Hammer

Description: A hammer which is able to kill weakened Gargoyles. Although, what good does this do you at level 1 Slayer? You need level 75 to kill Gargoyles...

Spiny Helm

Description: If you've been to the Lumbridge Caves you'd have met the Wall Beast before. What this mohawk helmet does is protect you from the Wall Beast's hand right before it grabs you. After it is stunned you can either fight it or just run past it.

Facemask

Description: A mask to protect your mouth from swallowing hazardous materials. You are able to kill Dustdevils when this is worn. Again, what good does this do you at level 10 Slayer? You need 65 for Dustdevils...

Earmuffs

Description: Muffs for your ears. Protects your ears from extremely loud noises. You can then be able to kill Banshees with this on. Too bad you can't have this when you have an annoying sister...

Mirror Shield

Description: A shiny round shield. Doesn't really offer any great protection but it gets the job done against Cockatrices and Basilisks.

Leaf-Bladed Spear

Description: A spear which the tip has been shaped like a leaf. A weapon used to kill Turoths and Kurasks.

Broad-Head Arrows

Description: Arrows with a more widened head. Used to kill Turoths and Kurasks.

Slayer Staff

Description: A staff used by the Slayers. You are able to use the spell Magic Dart (level-50) and kill Turoths and Kurasks with it. (The spell not the staff.) (Spell requires 1 Death Rune and 4 Mind Rune.)

Nosepeg

Description: A thingamabob to protect your nose from bad smells. Protects you against Abberant Specters.

(Note: I'm still editing the newer Slayer items in, just getting basics down off the top of my head.)

4. Last But Not Least, The Slayer Monsters

Now FINALLY we get to the Slayer monsters. I'll be working on making the table, but for now, I'm just going to go flat out basic descriptions.

Crawling Hand
Requires: 5 Slayer
Combat: 8 and 12

Cave Bug
Requires: 7 Slayer
Combat: 6

Cave Crawler
Requires: 10 Slayer
Combat: 23

Banshee
Requires: 15 Slayer

Cave Slime
Requires: 15 Slayer

Rockslug
Requires: 20 Slayer and a Bag of Salt
Combat: 29

Cockatrice
Requires: 25 Slayer and a Mirror Shield
Combat: 37

Pyrefiend
Requires: 30 Slayer
Combat: 43

Wall Beast
Requires: 35 Slayer and a Spiny Helm
Combat: 49

Basilisk
Requires: 40 Slayer and a Mirror Shield
Combat: 61

Fever Spider
Requires: 42 Slayer and Slayer Gloves
Combat: 49

Infernal Mage
Requires: 45 Slayer
Combat: 66

Bloodvelds
Requires: 50 Slayer
Combat: 76

Jelly
Requires: 52 Slayer
Combat: 78

Turoths
Requires: 55 Slayer & Leaf-Blade Spear/Broad-Head Arrows/Slayer Staff spell
Combat: 83, 85, 87, 89

Abberant Specter
Requires: 60 Slayer and Nosepeg
Combat: 96

Dustdevil
Requires: 65 Slayer and Facemask
Combat: 93

Kurask
Requires: 70 Slayer & Leaf-Blade Spear/Broad-Head Arrows/Slayer Staff spell
Combat: 106

Gargoyle
Requires: 75 Slayer and Rockhammer
Combat: 111

Nechryael
Requires: 80 Slayer
Combat: 115

Abyssal Demon
Requires: 85 Slayer
Combat: 124

Dark Beast
Requires: 90 Slayer
Combat: 182
Location: Underneath the Mourners Building in West Ardougne (Requires Mourners End Part 2)

*Note: All Slayer monsters in Slayer Tower require Priest in Peril.*

Well there you have it, my still-in-editing guide. If there's any mistake, error, or if you want to submit anything, like a map or a picture of a monster maybe, or even just a new monster to put up, let me know and I'll get right on it.

Last edited by thief18954 on February 19th, 2006, 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 6:50 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 12:08 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
Dark beast located under the mourner's building in west Ardougne