Post subject: Rum Deal Guide
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 10:24 am 
Black Member

RS Status: Classic
Look below for Alex's Guide.

Last edited by Morris Starr on October 31st, 2005, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 10:24 am 
Black Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 11:42 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Not bad. Needs more detail, though. Here are a few pictures and details to help enforce it:

Stat requirements:

42 slayer
40 farming
50 fishing
42 crafting
47 prayer

Must have:

The skill (or prayer) to beat a level 150 monster
Completed 'Zogre Flash Eaters' quest

Items Needed:

Nothing, really. You can get everything there easily except for Relicyms Balm or slayer gloves.

Items that'll help:

Slayer Gloves, Relicyms Balm, some food.

Ok, let's begin.

This is where you start the quest. Northeast of the ectofunctus temple you apear in after teleporting with the ectophial. Talk to him, select the first choice each, and get bashed on the head with a bottle.

Here's the captain. You'll appear next to him after blanking out and watching the first cutscene. He'll tell you of his crisis and show you another nice cutscene. I can imagine this will be the Jagex Team's aproach to quests from now on.

He wants you to gather ingredients starting with something you must grow in a patch - blinkweed. If you didn't bring farming supplies, take this ladder down to the 1st floor.

Open this cupboard down there, search it, and take all you can. You don't really need a watering can, but just in case, you may as well take it.

Return to the second floor, and go to these stairs. It doesn't matter which one you take.

You'll appear in a big crowd of protesting zombies. *sarcastically* How origional ...

This is their captain. Let's leave him for now ...

... and go to this farming patch. Rake it up, plant the seed, then wait for about 2 minutes. You can kill some of those pirate zombies if you want - they'll drop stuff ordinary level-2 men and women drop. After it fully grows (instantly), pick it, return to the second floor of the building, and talk to the captain again.

Go up to the third floor. There's a ladder in the southeastern corner of the main room.

Once up there, go to the northwestern corner to find this. There are 2 parts and a lever. This part is where you dump in the herb, bucket of 'water', and carcass, which you will find out about later.

Use the herb on the hopper, and return to the captain.

He will ask you to retrieve a bucket of water from a volcano. Grab the bucket nearby him, go back down via the stairs, head around the outside of the fencing west, then north to find 50% Luke.

Just click the gate and go through the conversation.

... yeah. You'll trick him and sneak in. Once in, head north, and follow this path:

Until you get to this lake:

Use the bucket on it, return to the hopper on the third floor of the building, and dump it in. Return tot he captain again.

He will give you a fishbowl in a net and tell you to get 5 sea creatures. Do NOT untangle them; they're like that for a reason. Head down to near the farming patch, except head south until you find a fishing hole:

Get 5 fish (Don't worry, you won't get posessed), return to the hopper, and stick all 5 in that barrel next to it:

Now, if you look, you'll see the controls spazzing out for some reason.

Talk to the captain and he'll say the machine got posessed. Fortunately, it happens often, and they know how to remove it. The captain will give you a wrench which you must take to this guy:

Make sure you have prayer. He will bless it with a groovy cutscene. Keep the wrench after the quest. When you drink a prayer potion, you get a bonus prayer point per dose when you hold it.

For example, when I drink a dose of prayer potion, it usually gives me 22 prayer points. With the wrench in hand, they will give me 23 instead of 22, which can really add up if you're an excessive prayer potion user.

Anyways, use the wrench on the machine when you're ready and have full prayer. This thing will appear:

Kill it with protect from melee on. It'll be a breeze. After it's dead, the machine will calm down, and you'll be sent to get the last ingredient: Fever Spider Carcass! Head down the ladder you took to get the gardening supplies and kill a spider.

NOTE: The spider will disease you like zogres do if you aren't wearing slayer gloves. Any slayer master will sell you a pair for 200 gold. Unless you have relychm's balm with you, I suggest you put the quest on hold and seek a pair.

After you got the carcass, stuff it in the hopper and talk to the captain. You will watch an utterly outstanding cutscene which portrays the machine running at its fullest capacity with such grace, extension, and movement.

Well, not really ...

Grab the bucket ... unless you still have one, and go to this tap:

Use the bucket on the tap to fill it with 'rum'. Give it to the zombie captain and learn about their leader unintentionally. Return to Captain Braindeath and talk to him to finish the quest.

Voila!

Reward:

2 quest points
7000 fishing exp
7000 prayer exp
7000 farming exp
Holy Wrench (If you lose it, speak to Davey again for another.)

Last edited by Alex 43 on October 31st, 2005, 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 11:47 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
you need to be more descriptive in the quest and add a few pictures if possible. and the rating should be medium because of the lvl 150 monster reguardless how easily you defeated it

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 3:03 pm 
Black Member

Yeah, but in Zogre flesh eaters (A required quest) You fight a lvl 111 monster, and if they can take him i expect they can take this guy. Seriously, he was really easy, and i was taking into account my level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 3:08 pm 
Dragon Member

What does holy wrench do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 3:56 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
it's kinda like prayer pots somehow at least that is what i read

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 3:56 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2005, 5:06 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tommy b
from what i understand about the wrench it makes your prayer last a litte longer and gives 2 more points when you drink a prayer pot