Post subject: My Arm's Big Adventure
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 10:09 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Probably one of the funniest quests I've done up to date.

Items Needed:

- Climbing Boots
- Camlet
- 7 Super Compost
- 3 Ugthanki Camel Dung (Obtaining instructions in the guide)
- Full store room of gardening tools (Including trowel, spade, seed dibber, and watering can)
- Food (At least 5 sharks) and armor (at least runite or proselyte)
- At least 500 coins for little expenses like magic carpet rides, Ardougne boat fares, and farming tools.

Teleports Used:

- 3 Trollheim Teleports
- Camlet teleport OR Al Kharid teleport (Glory amulet) OR Duel Arena Emerald Ring teleport.

Skill and Quest Requirements:

- Level 10 woodcutting
- Level 29 farming
- Eadgar's Ruse quest
- The Feud
- Jungle Potion
- Tried the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup
- Ability to fight a level 172 roc bird

Optional Requirements:

- Level 61 magic (Trollhiem Teleport)
- Can withstand high-level trolls (Prayer or food, doesn't matter)
- Completed Enakhra's Lament (Camlet)

Length and Difficulty:

- Medium (I found it short), and not easy at all for anyone with a level lower then 50.

Ok, are you ready for one of Jagex's funniest quests in the game? Thought so. Start things off by talking to Burntmeat. He's a chef in the troll stronghold on the southern end of the floor below the floor you enter the place in from teleporting there.

After an interesting story Burntmeat heard from their latest Pot Luck ...

And no, you don't get the dragon armor.

You will be asked to teach "My Arm" *Snigger* how to farm.

He'll tell you to retrieve a "gout lump" from the Death Plateau - the place you find Pee Hat and Kraka. If you need help finding your way, talk to Burntmeat again for a video tutorial (Gotta love Jagex).

After you're finally on your way, go to Death Plateau and check out the cauldren. Beware of the trolls.

Grab one of the buckets nearby and use it on the pot until you get what seems to be a gout tuber.

Go back the way you came to return to My Arm and show him the tuber.

He'll eat it (oh my word) and say that it really is a gout tuber. Then after a bit of farming talk (he tried to grow a goat?!?), he'll lead you in a cinematic up to the top of the stronghold (Another video tutorial ...).

Up there, you'll find My Arm, a patch of soil, and ...

... I'm not even going to touch this one. If you look on the other side, you'll find that though My Arm is dumb, he still tells the truth.

Anyways, go to My Arm and talk to him. He'll show you a book he got off the farmer he ate, and asks you to read it. Not too much know-how in it, just how to plant and grow stuff. However, at the end of it tells you how to properly make soil for plants to grow, which appears quite interesting.

At the moment, you'll need to prepare soil for the mountain range, so grab your Camlet and teleport to Pollnivneach for the needed camel dung.

I suggest grabbing 3 buckets before you head there if you're passing a bank (Shanty pass or Ah Kharid bank). Otherwise, if you don't have them, there's a general store there with buckets.

Getting camel dung is easy. If you have a Camlet, then you can simply talk to one of the Al Kharid camels for a few buckets of the stuff.

However, if you do not have a Camlet, just ask the kebab seller for a bottle of spice sauce, and use it over on the camel trough a few times. Once they let out the good stuff, use a bucket on it. Only the brown stuff, mind you, and not the green.

Once you're satisfied with the amount of dung you gave your poor character, you need to get some super compost as well. The best way is to make it by filling the compost bin with 15 pineapples. Otherwise, just buy it from another player. You can give it to the leprechaun and reobtain it from the sunbathing one to save carrying space if you wish.

Either way: 3 dung, 7 supercompost. Oh, and a spade to mix it.

Once you put each one in ... one at a time, your next step is to get some Gout Tubers. This involves a lovely voyage across the sea with dolphins, a sailor who can't take a joke, a discussion of whether of not river trolls really are trolls, and a very impatient My Arm.

Anyways, once you dock, My Arm will just motor away. Hopefully he knows his way to Tai Bwo Wannai. ... hopefully you do too. Go straight south.

Talk to Murcaily and he'll tell you that My Arm hasn't shown up. Using logic, My Arm should be between Brimhaven and Tai Bwo Wannai somewhere. Knowing him, he might be hungry.

Fortunately, he's right here, just outside the village. Good, maybe the villagers won't think the village is cursed again.

Talk to Murcaily and he'll agree to give you one hardy gout tuber because they are so valuable. Well, I guess one is OK.

... or IS it?

Thank Saradomin there are no jungle trolls out there.

After all this, Murcaily will surrender all his gout tubers and you'll head back to Ardougne. However, My Arm warns you to get your fighting equipment and food, because a large "birdie" has taken interest in his "farming" and needs to be dealt with. To speed things up, Jagex have hooked you up with ANOTHER cinematic that takes you right to the Ardougne port. Getting back to Trollheim on your own, however, is entirely for you to figure out.

If you watch carefully, you can see the captain cry his eyes out.

Grab your fighting gear and a lot of food, and head to the farming patch.

Now, My Arm will ask you for the things he needs, so hand them off to him. You can get these things from the leprechaun either by taking them from storage or directly buying them from him. First, give My Arm a rake. It'll break, so grab the head, reattach it to the shaft he gives back, and give it back.

Give him the gout tubers, then the seed dibber.

A drunk dwarf will appear (it's a skill, so a random event will occur) and get wasted. HOO-RAH, he FINALLY got what was coming to him!

The goutweed will get diseased, so buy some plant cure from the sunbather and give it to My Arm.

Talk to him, and suddenly, you'll get attacked by:

... a birdie with around 50 health! Save the goutweed! EXECUTE!

After that, the "other" birdie will appear.

And I know from experience that 6 papayas and prayer alone aren't gonna do it. It claws, throws rocks, and even blasts you away, stunning you like a dragon spear special with a longer-lasting effect and damage. The max I've seen it do is 14 damage, though.

Anyways, by whatever means necessary (you could TRY to hide and let My Arm take it down himself by a barrage of 1s), kill it.

Once that's done, hand over a spade and My Arm will harvest the goutweed (w00t Farming level!). Then he'll eat it all to make sure it's really goutweed. Go figure.

Anyways, go tell Burntmeat the news, and he'll give you a very special reward:

... yeah. A full inventory of burnt meat. Let's see what My Arm has to offer:

MUCH better! A herb patch that doesn't get diseased, 10 000 herblore exp, 5000 farming exp, and:

This lovely scroll that you have been dying to see for so long. Congratulations. You have TOLERATED My Arm's Big Adventure!

And a disease-free herb patch? You know what that means? Higher ranarr seed prices and guarenteed success on herbs at LAST!

... you're probably asking about the rest of the farming patches in the book. Well, I don't know too much about that. Look around, and maybe you'll find somethimg that might suit as a farming patch, I'm not sure yet. If anyone knows something about this, post it.

Not quite done yet. Check back later.

Last edited by Alex 43 on October 24th, 2006, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 10:09 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 12:04 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
adding now to the quest thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 12:18 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tommy b
alex instead of going to Pollnivneach you could just talk to one of the camels in alkhired and they have an option where you can ask for there dung just make sure you have some buckets on hand

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 2:24 pm 

another thing, if you have the camal amulet you can use that to talk to the camels in the al kharid region and get the dung that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2006, 9:38 pm 
Dragon Member

You beat me to it, So I will satisfy myself by posting pictures instead.

He is the second person to kill the Drunken Dwarf...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 8:37 am 

agent you can still make your own guide. it's better to have lots of the same guide than 1 where if one thing is wrong we all get in scold at

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 8:37 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2006, 11:31 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
stupid900510 wrote:
alex instead of going to Pollnivneach you could just talk to one of the camels in alkhired and they have an option where you can ask for there dung just make sure you have some buckets on hand

Thanks for the tip. I added it to the guide and labeled my method as what to do if you do NOT have a Camlet.