Post subject: p2p pking!!!!!!
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 5:42 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: das da gud 1
RS Status: P2P
Hi, this is a guide on how to pk in P2P.

First off, i'll tell you about the 3 classes of pkers:
1. hybrid pures: pretty high stats in two of the 3 classes
2. pures: extremely high stats in one of the 3 classes.
3. impures: decent stats in all three classes.

after that, one thing is very important that you've probably heard of:

keep in mind that the pking triangle doesn't always apply, hybrids are an exception.
P2P is NOT F2P, what i mean by this is that members can EXTEMELY high. and you should always be on your toes. sharks and prayer pots are reccomended, but mages and rangers only need 1 prayer pot (if any).

ranger: range pot, full blk dhide, robin/archer helm, normal helm, glory ammy, ranger/other boots, 120 rune arrows, preferably poisoned, and of course, a mage short/crystal. mage short is reccomended. (80+ range)

mage: mage pot (if you need it to cast a spell), full mystic, wiz boots, glory/mage ammy, enough runes to cast entangle/snare 30 times (at least), staff (god, ancient, elemental), enough runes to cast your set spell 70 to 100 times. 85+ mage is recomended to teleblock and do good spells

meleer: armor (monk robes/zammy robes if low def, <20), DDS, your other preferred choice or d weapon, whip or gmaul, d baxe or hally isn't recomended), super set (def pot is optional), 80+ strength with <60 def is highly recomended, unless you are lvl 100+.

Now that i've told you generally what to bring, you should know where your cb lvl and class should go.

lvl 30-65:
ranger+mage+warrior: varrock wildy, world 2 or 26. warrior can go deeper.

lvl 65-90: between varrock wildy and castle, sometimes deeper places like the boneyard and greaters. also edgy dungeon wildy+edgy wildy.

90-105: green drags, greaters, in between.
if high mage, range, strength, mage bank is ok. deep edgy wildy is also good.

105+: mage bank or edgy dungeon. sometimes green drags.

Since you know that your location and what you should bring, you should also know what to do during battle.

pures:
mage: mage pot(if necessary), charge(if you can), teleblock, entangle/ice blitz/ice barrage, flames or claws them until they die.
if they survive that, then feel free to entangle or ice spell them again when you can. then run a few spaces away, then attack them again.

range pure: range pot(if necessary), mage bow spec, attack them until you can spec again, but this time, save it until they run. pretty simple.

melee pure: super pot (highly reccomended), run up to them with dds or whip, if you have a dds, spec 3 times and save the last one for when they run, then switch to whip or drag scimmy. 15% atk+strength pray if necessary and attack. when they run, spec away.

hybrids:
mage melee: bring zammy robes, blk dhide if high range, whip, dds, super set, entangle runes or ice barrage runes. teleblock optional
strategy: attack them with the same strategy as melee pure, but feel free at times to ice barrage them or entangle them, then blast your weapons at them.

range mage: full blk dhide OR full mystic. mage short, entangle or ice runes, glory, mage pot if wearing blk dhide, range pot if you want, or both, 150 rune arrows (p).
strategy: spec with mage short when you see them, then range them until they get near, then entangle or ice spell, then go farther away from them. keep maging or ranging, depending on what they're wearing (range if in dhide or robes, mage if in armor.). If you keep splashing with mage, it is advised to keep ranging, and occasionally trying to mage.

melee range: basically this hybrid brings blk dhide instead of robes or armor.
strategy: just like a melee pure but sometimes, if the range is high enough, bring a mage short and 100 rune arrows.

all three, no def: usually, this hybrid is the same as a mage/melee, but will sometimes wear dhide and a mage short.

Impure: Honestly, impures are better off in F2p unless they are very high lvl. wear: full blk dhide, whip, dds, the normal stuff, but rarely mages.
strategy: choose your best skill and go as that to wherever you're going.
may switch between.
high lvls may hybrid but aren't as effective as a pure hybrid.

Another important thing in the wildy, is TEAMING. if you do team, be prepared to be flamed and called a noob the next time you meet the person.
But here's the important part of teaming: USE YOUR TEAM'S PRO'S TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. by this, i mean that for example, if you were a pure ranger, and your partner was an ancient mage, you should count on him to hold him there while you unload your arrows.
If your team is getting killed entangle like crazy! try to save them.

pures-hybrids-impures~pros and cons.

pures: can do huge amounts of damage at low lvls, can usually easily kill a low lvl, unless have lvl 90+ combat stat, better at low lvls. if good enough, kill opponent before taking heavy damage
low def, easily hit, not very good armor.

hybrids: can use two of the 3 classes, can entangle and ice while meleeing/ranging. can kill high lvls relatively easily if good enough.
cons: higher cb lvl, has to deal with the fact the one of their skills will be weaker than the other because of their outfit. (i.e, maging in blk dhide).

impures: have good armor and can hit decently, has all 3 classes at their disposal, harder to hit.
cons: higher cb lvl, harder to kill somone, hits weaker.

my opinion: this is my opinion of which type of pker i like. i like mage/melee hybrids. In my view, they are the most effective and can hit pretty high without that many cb lvls.

pic of a melee pure (with 70 range): Imagepic of mage pure (suggested): Imagepic of mage/melee pure (suggested):Image

feel free to comment, flame, correct, whatever. i might get pics soon buy some pics for me would be nice.

Last edited by Pat on December 4th, 2005, 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 5:42 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 8:06 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: thief121212
The pics are a bit screwed up. It seems that you see the same pic of the Ghost Robes Ancient Magicks guy twice. And no pic of a pure melee PK'er.

Other than that, it's a fine guide to me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 8:22 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: das da gud 1
huh... i'll fix that...