Forum rules

• Post lots of detail. Things that should be posted include: time (UTC based is best), date, place, world, and most importantly, what will be happening.
  • Send a PM to Mike or Shane if you would like your event to be added to the forums upcoming events notification.
  • All events must be posted 48 hours (2 days) in advance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Which boss should we take down?
Bandos 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Bandos 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Zamorak 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Zamorak 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Saradomin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Saradomin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Armadyl 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Armadyl 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Tormented Demons 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tormented Demons 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Giant Mole 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Giant Mole 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Kalphite Queen 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Kalphite Queen 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Dagannoth King 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
Dagannoth King 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
King Black Dragon 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
King Black Dragon 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 56
 Post subject: Boss Takedown
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 4:27 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Owen1892
RS Status: P2P
Since some of you guys can't kill a boss by yourself, why not have our community help you? You'll be able to talk with your friends while taking on one of the deadliest creatures! Vote on the thread for the monster you want to kill, whether it be Graar'dor, Kree'Arra, Tormented Demons or any other. If that doesn't interest you, think of the DROPS!! How does 3m split for killing just an hour sound?

We'll try to find an empty world at first but if we can't, we'll use our powers to crash a team out. We will stay there for as long as our supplies last and hopefully get some decent drops.

Come and meet at Seers bank on Tuesday, July 27th, 8 PM RSBANDB time [7PM PDT, 9PM CDT, 10PM EDT, 2AM UTC, 3AM BST] in world 131. This event will be in Owen1892's clan chat and I'll tell people in Bitsbytes to come so don't worry! The splits will be CoinShare.

PS: Don't forget to vote for the boss on this topic!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 4:27 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Boss Takedown
PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 7:32 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jer99
I Voted Dagannoth kings, lots of experience there. If it ends up winning, i can write i guide tomorrow to get the general overview of strategies and what to bring etc

PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 8:27 pm 
Dragon Member

Jer99 wrote:
I Voted Dagannoth kings, lots of experience there. If it ends up winning, i can write i guide tomorrow to get the general overview of strategies and what to bring etc

That would be quite helpful. You could actually get started on it now since there's only one day left to vote.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 8:56 pm 
Runite Member

Guide to Dagannoth kings

The Dagannoth Kings are some of the most fun monsters to fight in runescape. There are 3 kings, Dagannoth Prime, Dagannoth Rex, and Dagannoth Supreme, using Magic, Melee and Range respectively. They are the only monsters that drop the Dragon axe as well as the warrior, berserker, seers and archer rings.

How do we get there?

Getting to the dagannoth kings isn’t that simple. They are very far from a bank, and require some items to get to such as the rune thrownaxe. There are also many ladders leading to them, but a few safespots to recover energy. From Camelot bank, head toward the fremmenik province. Once there, go into the town and go to the westernmost dock, and travel to waterbirth island through Jarvald. On waterbirth, there is a cave entrance around the island. The following picture shows how to get to the dagannoth kings from there, there is a ladder under the "To dagannoth kings" text:

How do we kill them?

Before anything, it is absolutely vital that you pray magic when dagannoth prime is alive. There are 2 main ways to killing the dagannoth kings, one being hybriding and the other being maging, but there are variations on the types. These are both necessary as they take a certain king(s).

Hybriding: involves meleeing and ranging. Meleeing would be used to kill Dagannoth supreme, as he is weak to melee. Ranging is used to kill Dagannoth Prime in the safespot, as he is weak to that. To start the run, the hybriders wait until the mages give them a go to enter the room. Once in, pray magic and kill dagannoth supreme. He will die really fast, once he is dead, head over to the ranging safespot and kill prime. Once he dies, Supreme will have respawned so you can run back over and pray range as Prime is dead, thus taking no damage. Once supreme dies, run back to the safespot and wait for prime to spawn. Repeat this process.

Maging: where you would lure Dagannoth rex into a safespot, and use magic on him to kill him. To start the run, the mage goes into the room first and lures Dagannoth Rex to the other side of the room, so that it does not hit the hybriders. Once he is lured away, everyone else goes in and starts killing Dagannoth supreme. As for the mages, once dagannoth Rex respawns, just shoot him and lure him back to the safespot. The hybriders must be careful of the respawn because Dagannoth Rex respawns in the middle of the room.

This video shows how to lure dagannoth rex into the safespot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOLdz7sU6N0

This picture shows the dagannoth kings room, and the safespots we kill each one of them at.

What do we bring?

Here is the best inventory for a hybrider:

The setup is:

Full guthans
Amulet of glory/fury
Fire cape/Ava's accumulator
Barrow gloves
Dragon Boots
Ring of wealth

Inventory:

-Blackdhide/Karils body
-Crystal bow/Rune cbow + broad bolts
-DDS
-Whip
-1 Super attack
-1 Super strength
-2 Sara brews
-2 Super restores
-3 Super antipoisons
-3 Shark
-10 Prayer pots
-1 click teleport

The crystal bow is the best because it has a longer range then the rune crossbow, which really comes in handy incase you get to close to the other dagannoth king. You can still use a rune crossbow with broad-tipped bolts, but its range is shorter and the likelyhood of having the other king attack is alot higher.

Here is a mage inventory:

Gear is:

Fire cape
Glory/fury
Slayer staff
Guthans helm
Guthans body
Guthans legs
Granite shield
Barrows gloves
D boots
Ring of wealth

Inventory is:

-guthans spear
-Runes to cast the spell
-Rune thrownaxe
-8 super anti poison
-5 sara brews
-4 super restores
-4 prayer pots
-2 shark
-1 click teleport

Of course you will bring more runes then that, and if you dont have a slayer staff you can use a higher level magic attack, just replace the runes. An optimal number of casts you should bring is 2.5k-3k, because mages can last alot longer then hybriders. The rune thrownaxe is there because it is used to get through the stands blocking the way to the dagannoth kings. And remember make sure all pots are 4 dose

More to come in a bit such as different inventories for non-guthans users, this is just a rough written guide.

Last edited by Jer99 on July 27th, 2010, 8:55 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 8:45 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: h1t m3 aga1n
what items should i bring?

PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 9:22 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
h1tm3aga1n wrote:
what items should i bring?

Well that all depends on the Boss now doesn't it? :wink:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 9:22 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 12:41 am 
Dragon Member

Alright so the boss for tomorrow is going to be Dagannoth Kings. Yes I know it's a draw but at 24 hours ahead, it was dags which took the lead and Jer99 did a great job on a guide above so let's not waste his effort.

We will meet at Seers bank before proceeding to the Rellekka dock for Waterbirth Island. Read above for the equipment and inventories.

Note: Thanks Jer99 for the guide, it'll be really helpful. I'm sure you can come to lead the way as well, right? :S

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 11:15 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I'll be meleeing/ranging. I can be on group waterbirth tele duty since I'm on lunar and wont be using combat spells.

I hope someone decides to go mage :wink:

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 6:38 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: h1t m3 aga1n
what is dds?

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 6:48 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Classic
h1tm3aga1n wrote:
what is dds?

Dragon Dagger

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 6:49 pm 
Dragon Member

h1tm3aga1n wrote:
what is dds?

Dragon dagger (p++)

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 8:16 pm 
Runite Member

Sorry folks for not making it out tonight, i had a really busy day at the restaurant. I heard the trip went well, dragon hatchet dropping. Hope the guide helped!

PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 12:23 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Your guide was a help in deciding some of the things to take I think. It could use summoning advice and less antipoisons though :P

We were really disorganized. I used up most of my food before we even went into the boss room. I was mostly in front of everyone on the way there and when we got to the boss room I said it's there but everyone just ran past me! I guess I should have ran with everyone else, but I waited there for everyone to come back and got hit a lot by the monsters above the boss room #-o

Luckily Earthy had some brews for me :)

Here's a pic of the drop:
Attachment:
screenshot-2010-07-27_20-28-32-http_world132.runescape.com_-_RuneScape_-_The_Number_1_Free_Multiplayer_Game_-_Mozilla_Firefox.png

And here's one of Jay collecting his stuff from his grave :P
Attachment:
screenshot-2010-07-27_20-42-47-http_world132.runescape.com_-_RuneScape_-_The_Number_1_Free_Multiplayer_Game_-_Mozilla_Firefox.png

PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 12:30 pm 
Runite Member

Lol ya form the looks of the pictures, people are really confused and don't know where to be. Sorry again, as i was working late and couldn't make it but it looks like you had fun

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 7:18 am 
Dragon Member

No problem Jer ^ at least your guide was helpful to us. Nobody had to ask what to bring/wear thanks to your hardwork. :D

I guess the event went pretty well though, in terms of the amount of people involved. Some one got lost already before the rune thrownaxe part though, mostly because there wasn't anyone experienced at dagannoth kings. Hopefully everyone had fun though as that's the most important thing.

Looking forward to the wilderness takedown event now.