Forum rules

• Post lots of detail. Things that should be posted include: time (UTC based is best), date, place, world, and most importantly, what will be happening.
  • Send a PM to Mike or Shane if you would like your event to be added to the forums upcoming events notification.
  • All events must be posted 48 hours (2 days) in advance.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: April Events: Kree'arra's FoG of Magic Wardrobes
PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 4:20 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
It's time to shed some light on Kree'arra's FoG of Magic Wardrobes. As the name suggests this month we'll be dealing with the Avian named Kree'arra. The Fist of Guthix, and some Magic Wardrobes...

What: Magic Wardrobe Drop Party
Where: World 132 @ Falador Party Room
When: Saturday April 26, 2008 @ 8PM ENGLAND/UK/GDT/BST (12PM PDT, 1PM MDT, 2PM CDT, 3PM EDT, 7PM GMT)
Event Leader: Alex 43
Description: Alex will be using this pre-lude to the GodWars trip to distribute some furniture...

What: God Wars Dungeon (Kree'arra)
Where: Meet World 131, Trollheim (World subject to change)
When: Saturday April 26, 2008 @ 9PM ENGLAND/UK/GDT/BST (1PM PDT, 2PM MDT, 3PM CDT, 4PM EDT, 8PM GMT) Feel free to show up early and wait inside (just tell us so we have a count of how many people we have) to get your kill count early.
Event Leader: Pfkninenines
Description: This trip embodies the same idea as last months, only this time we'll be visiting the Armadyl boss, Kree'arra. Read Pfkninenines guide here. This is posted more than a week in advance to give you time to get 70 ranged if you do not already have it. Thus we eliminate the time factor of getting 70 ranged, as it can be achieved easily in that time.

What: Fist of Guthix
Where: Meet World 16, in the Fist of Guthix lobby.
When: Sunday April 27, 2008 @ 9PM ENGLAND/UK/GDT/BST (1PM PDT, 2PM MDT, 3PM CDT, 4PM EDT, 8PM GMT)
Event Leader: Warren
Description: Exactly as it sounds. RSBandB's own Fist of Guthix Battle.

As always, if there is any confusion as for what time the event takes place for you, check that your forum preferences are set to match your timezone. Then check the time displayed on the event list. Finally, if that does not work just wait until a few hours before the event and use the live counter on the top of the forums (it's always correct as it uses local time).

Enjoy.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 4:20 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: April Events: Kree'arra's FoG of Magic Wardrobes
PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 4:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sparty Pants
I hope I don't **** the God Wars event for myself like I did last time.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 6:22 pm 
Steel Member

RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: Rsbandb
FoG sounds like fun and I'll try to be there.

Nico.Starr on skype if you wanna to find me these days :)

PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 9:24 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Interesting. I'll definitey be there for Kree'arra, but the drop party is too early (there's no way I'm getting up before 7 on a Sunday :roll:) and I'm working on Monday so can't make FoG.

We can only hope this time..
HILT, HILT, HILT!! :P

PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 10:18 pm 
Runite Member

Location: In a weapon shop getting another sword for my collection nz
RS Name: 99887
Chief Snake wrote:
Interesting. I'll definitey be there for Kree'arra, but the drop party is too early (there's no way I'm getting up before 7 on a Sunday :roll:) and I'm working on Monday so can't make FoG.

We can only hope this time..
HILT, HILT, HILT!! :P

Haha I dont mind waking at 7 for a Drop party... Ill be at all but Kree'arra one cos I wont be able to get in :(

PostPosted: April 15th, 2008, 1:15 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

I'm not going through such hell to get 70 ranged in such a short time period. [-(

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 15th, 2008, 1:15 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: April 15th, 2008, 2:04 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: colin playle
I'll try to make it but I'll probably forget :S

PostPosted: April 15th, 2008, 2:35 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Yazackie90 wrote:
I'm not going through such hell to get 70 ranged in such a short time period. [-(

[-X

Tisk tisk. Seriously, tisk tisk. You could probably get 70 range with less than 150k spent, and potentially much more made from drops. Hell, go train at Avansies and sell the adamant bars you get as drops. You'll make good money (150k+/hr on average + xp + other drops) and you could even blow some of that on red chins. Trust me, this isn't an event you'll want to miss.

Remember everyone, we got two, yes TWO tassets at the Bandos GWD event last month. Let's check the same item, except for Armadyl..
Armadyl plateskirt: 14,000,000gp - 15,430,000gp
Bandos tassets: 11,087,000gp - 12,255,000gp

If you got a 700k per drop from the tassets (approx what we did)..that translates into a 937k split with the Armadyl equivalent, supposing the same number of people attend.

Point made?

PostPosted: April 15th, 2008, 3:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Pfkninenines wrote:
Yazackie90 wrote:

[-X

Tisk tisk. Seriously, tisk tisk. You could probably get 70 range with less than 150k spent, and potentially much more made from drops. Hell, go train at Avansies and sell the adamant bars you get as drops. You'll make good money (150k+/hr on average + xp + other drops) and you could even blow some of that on red chins. Trust me, this isn't an event you'll want to miss.

Remember everyone, we got two, yes TWO tassets at the Bandos GWD event last month. Let's check the same item, except for Armadyl..

If you got a 700k per drop from the tassets (approx what we did)..that translates into a 937k split with the Armadyl equivalent, supposing the same number of people attend.

Point made?
Avansies? Never heard of em.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2008, 8:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Pfkninenines wrote:
Yazackie90 wrote:

[-X

Point made?

And on the odd chance we get a hilt, we get the equivalent of Bandos tassets each? :D
... well maybe slightly less than that, but you get the idea. Weren't tassets only 9m when we did the Bandos trip?

Aviansies are the airborne Armadyl followers in the God Wars dungeon that you can only range/mage (since they're flying). Pfk's Armadyl guide has a bit about them in it.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2008, 5:01 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Chief Snake wrote:
Pfkninenines wrote:
Yazackie90 wrote:

[-X

Point made?

And on the odd chance we get a hilt, we get the equivalent of Bandos tassets each? :D
... well maybe slightly less than that, but you get the idea. Weren't tassets only 9m when we did the Bandos trip?

Aviansies are the airborne Armadyl followers in the God Wars dungeon that you can only range/mage (since they're flying). Pfk's Armadyl guide has a bit about them in it.

Don't I need 70 range to enter the dungeon?

PostPosted: April 16th, 2008, 8:43 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Dragonkin892
Clan Name: PVM Elites
I may be able to make the Kree'arra event.. Not completely positive on whether I'll be able to or not but I'll sure try to make it. :)

EDIT:Would 75 range be any good or should i try to train it a bit before the event? :roll:

PostPosted: April 16th, 2008, 9:09 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Saturnyne
Clan Name: Solum
Im definitely coming. Even with 72 range, there'll be a few others there so at least I'll be making some form of contribution.

HILT DAMMIT@

2 pl0x

PostPosted: April 16th, 2008, 5:35 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Yazackie90 wrote:
Don't I need 70 range to enter the dungeon?

No, you need 70 range to enter the Armadyl area of the dungeon. You don't need 70 range to attack the Avansies outside of the Armadyl area, so it's a plausible area to train.

dragonkin892 wrote:
I may be able to make the Kree'arra event.. Not completely positive on whether I'll be able to or not but I'll sure try to make it. :)

EDIT:Would 75 range be any good or should i try to train it a bit before the event? :roll:

Doesn't hurt to train, but you'll be able to come. Whatever you want. The higher average level we go in with (theoretically) the longer we can stay.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2008, 3:27 pm 
Adamantite Member

Location: in a planet consisting mainly of water orbiting around a huge nuclear furnace... us
RS Name: ret steel
Clan Name: why would i want one of those.
im going to come but ill prolly die