Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 46  Next
Which game would you attend this week?
Poll ended at July 27th, 2014, 8:09 pm
Image Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Team Fortress 2 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Image Team Fortress 2 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Image Left 4 Dead 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Image Left 4 Dead 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 2
 Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (HL2:DM- April 12th) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 4:55 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
We've got the 2 weeks HL2:DM to 1 week CSS as the norm due to what people want to do. It's all by voting, and unfortunately the (FREE) mod that we chose isn't getting much attention. TF2 never had good turnouts, at least not by those from Rsbandb, so we ditched that a while back.

HL2:DM is popular due to, at least in part, it's price. Just need an ATI or Nvidia graphics card, and you can have it for free. Past that, everything costs money. Some people don't want to shell out $10 or so for another game, which is fine. Though it'd be nice, having the option that's free isn't bad either. Plus, with the custom maps we play, it's always interesting.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 4:55 pm 

Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (HL2:DM- April 12th) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 5:00 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
Only one I can do is HL2:DM, so I like it that we do it alot.

Though I'd love to be able to play CSS or Golden eye, but I can't right now.

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (VOTE- April 19th) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 7:57 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
FFFUUUUUUUU I totally forgot about this week, damned exams have got my Rsbandb clock all muddled...

Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (TF2- April 26th) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 3:03 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Well, my account got hacked about 10 days ago now and I haven't been able to get it back yet. Luckily, the account has been disabled since I told them that someone hacked it, but this means I probably won't be able to play for a while until I find the CD key, take a picture of it, and send it to them in order to get the account back. Right now, I'm in dead week at college and finals the week after. I just don't have the time. :? Have fun, though. I don't have TF2 yet, either, but if I get my account back, I'll think about getting it this year. :D Seems like a really fun game from what I've seen.

Edit: Btw, you should fix the announcement at the very top. It says HL2:DM, not TF2. Take care of that.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 3:12 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: EnkindleThis
Cool. The one time you finally play TF2 I can't come because of piano stuff.

Register for Dropbox and get both of us bonus storage space on top of the 2GB!

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 4:10 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Mr Mitchhh
I haven't been through the forums lately but can I make a suggestion for a PC game event?

Can we play Modern Warfare 2? I'm not sure if a bunch of people show up to the CSS event but I would definitely show up to a MW2 event. Please don't make a bad remark if this was already suggested, I haven't been through the forums lately.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 4:10 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 5:24 pm 

63.243.164.45:27015 is the server we're playing on tonight...

@Rad, No. Sorry, I'm not giving any money to Infinity Ward for that piece of crap.. I've been told to get COD4 so we can play that, and I wouldn't mind. Just gotta get around to getting $30.

The only reason we've been sticking with the games we have been is due to the pricing. None of them have been over $20 alone, and the most popular is the free HL2:DM. Even the mods we chose had been popular, though nobody seems to choose them. Tons of people voted, and yet we only played GE:S once or twice. Hell, if people are having second thoughts, it'd be nice to know if another mod would be preferable. They usually just require one Source based game (paid for), and you can go pretty cheap with buying it.

EDIT - 208.167.243.72:27015 Other server is seriously full.

Post subject: Re: PC Gaming (VOTE- May 3rd) [Run By: Pfkninenines]
PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 10:49 am 
Rsbandb Donor

I say we find a way to link N64's across the internet to play the real Goldeneye. How sick would that be? You figure out how and I'll show up every time to kick all ya'lls booties. xD

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 1:42 pm 

I re-added Team Fortress 2 this week, but I had to think a bit about it. We had a terrible turnout this week, just myself, Shane, Mike, and Kulla. If you guys want to continue to have this offered, you have to actually show up.

Also, does anyone have suggestions for other mods? We could swap out GE:S if someone would suggest something else at the same price point. For other qualifiers check the post I made when we were first thinking of mods to add to the weekly poll.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 1:57 pm 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
Pfkninenines wrote:
I re-added Team Fortress 2 this week, but I had to think a bit about it. We had a terrible turnout this week, just myself, Shane, Mike, and Kulla. If you guys want to continue to have this offered, you have to actually show up.

Also, does anyone have suggestions for other mods? We could swap out GE:S if someone would suggest something else at the same price point. For other qualifiers check the post I made when we were first thinking of mods to add to the weekly poll.

Des_Zac also came along after you left, but was lagging quite a bit and left shortly after that. I left after an hour, because it Mike, Shane and I can play TF2 anytime. XD

I don't have any real suggestions for alternatives, other than L4D2, as it really doesn't need many people...but it seems difficult to find anything other than HL2/CS:S that doesn't just have staff showing up. If we can't get a good alternative, we should just alternate HL2 and CS:S from one week to the next.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 5:27 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Mr Mitchhh
Pfkninenines wrote:
63.243.164.45:27015 is the server we're playing on tonight...

@Rad, No. Sorry, I'm not giving any money to Infinity Ward for that piece of crap.. I've been told to get COD4 so we can play that, and I wouldn't mind. Just gotta get around to getting $30.

The only reason we've been sticking with the games we have been is due to the pricing. None of them have been over $20 alone, and the most popular is the free HL2:DM. Even the mods we chose had been popular, though nobody seems to choose them. Tons of people voted, and yet we only played GE:S once or twice. Hell, if people are having second thoughts, it'd be nice to know if another mod would be preferable. They usually just require one Source based game (paid for), and you can go pretty cheap with buying it.

EDIT - 208.167.243.72:27015 Other server is seriously full.

Okay. I now understand why we aren't playing it. It slipped my mind that every game we play is under $20. Thanks for answering my question :)

PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 11:39 am 
Rsbandb Donor

The only mod I could think of that's cheap and somewhat fun is Day of Defeat. I got it in my bundle with CS:S and HL2:DM. DoD is a decent WW2 mod if anyone is interested. Not sure what the price is or if it is free. Probably only $5 or $10. That's the only mod I could think of for the moment. :?

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 8:28 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Parselmouth
Clan Name: DGS
I voted for HL:TDM because I will actually be able to come this week. Hope that gets in.

Also for PFK, what would be the best way to see if Cod 4 pc can get added? Make a new topic or something?

RSN: Parselmouth | Jaysawn on ********

PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 8:50 am 

DoD:S would be an awesome game to add.. I quite enjoy it, though it's probably not for everyone. http://store.steampowered.com/app/300/ $10, though I got it while it was on sale earlier this year for ~$2.50

The best way to get something like COD4 added would be to check on the Steam group to see how many people already have the game. Make a post on the Rsbandb Steam page and see if anyone will respond. I doubt that people will actively check the end of the thread to put their info for the game in, but I would ask that anyone who has the game and would like to have that on rotation to please leave a comment.

That being said, though it would be a good game to play (after all, it is the non-nerfed Modern Warfare game), it would be the most expensive game have ever debated playing. A new PC version (I don't know if I'd trust a used version, as the CD key could be banned from online games for various reasons) is $30 at any online store.

This all being clear, when we look at other games that we offer for voting, the cheapest games tend to win. While it isn't always the case, it seems as though we get more people to attend if the barrier to entry is lowest.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 9:32 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Directxfire
RS Status: Classic
Just left everyone a note on Steam. Hopefully people will catch the comment and reply either here or there so we can gauge overall interest.

So far, from looking at relatively recent posts, I've come up with a list of MW supporters:

1) Me
2) nikeballa435
3) Sam
4) Shane............stated on the podcast, i believe.
5) Chief..............ditto
6) Pfkninenines (if interest is high enough)
7) King Kulla

Gallow the very wanderers of the dark

Last edited by Directxfire on April 29th, 2010, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.