Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: STARcraft 2
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 8:59 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
creepy, yep. the overmind (a giant bloody thing with eyes) decided to turn her into a zerg because she had a lot of power. however, in the end of sc1 the overmind was destroyed and then in broodwar, kerrigan manipulated everybody so that she would have full control of the zerg. now know as the queen of blades.

for more info please check out your local starcraft 2 information center :

http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion/

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 8:59 am 

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 12:02 pm 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Mildly annoyed cause i got in and my preorder hasn't come through. :roll:

If theres one thing i can't stand is ordering something a week+ in advance and there too incompetent to get it out on the day of release.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 2:49 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Thought about going out and getting it today, but I think I'll wait. I'd rather wait until the price goes down (although with expansions in the works, there will probably be a battle chest of some sort a few years down the line which will increase price as well) and I just cant put in the time right now. :P Let me know how it turns out. I know it's going to be a fricken sweet game.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 6:14 pm 

single player so far is.... slow. during the beta, the speed was faster so it was faster than real time. but in single player i can't figure out yet of if i can change the game speed. playing on normal is sooooo slow. making an SCV takes like 45 real seconds

PostPosted: July 28th, 2010, 5:02 am 

I have two free guest passes for SC2 that give you 7 hours playtime before they run out.

First come first serve.

edit: all gone. POOF.

Last edited by CreepyPirate on July 29th, 2010, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 2:12 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
I bought it yesterday :D it's awesum.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 2:12 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 10:27 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
trekkie wrote:
single player so far is.... slow. during the beta, the speed was faster so it was faster than real time. but in single player i can't figure out yet of if i can change the game speed. playing on normal is sooooo slow. making an SCV takes like 45 real seconds

Try going into options to see the game speed. Usually hitting the + key on the number pad will also increase speed. Shouldn't be that slow of a game.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 12:53 pm 

yeah i found it duke. it was in the gameplay option wayy at the bottom hidden away.

i think i'm on the last mission or close to it.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 4:05 am 

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/sadisticham/zerg.png

First game online and i wonnnn :D

So proud of myself. Ok so this guy was actually worse than me so I've got little to be proud of. All he really had was some zerg against my jet pack dudes..which he finally took down after i murdered his expansion when i came back with the ships he really had little to defend against flying units.

He did launch an attack on my base with those things that burrow underground...only to meet my big mech guys. As you can see i know all there names so i am now a pro.

This shows how one sided it was really;
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/sadisticham/zerg2.png

I'm just happy theres people playing who are worse than me.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 9:32 am 

lucky... i never get that luck. anyway i beat the single player, the last 2 missions were fun. we should find a way to upload replays for rsbandbers to watch somehow. i was in a 2v2 where my teammate went cannon rush and i was being a complete jerk with my zerglings

PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 10:37 am 

trekkie wrote:
lucky... i never get that luck. anyway i beat the single player, the last 2 missions were fun. we should find a way to upload replays for rsbandbers to watch somehow. i was in a 2v2 where my teammate went cannon rush and i was being a complete jerk with my zerglings

Save your replay then use fraps or whatever upload it to youtube.

Anywho i just got to the part in the campaign with the apple spoof playing on TV. Not impressed story wise with it so far.

I was expecting good things from Blizzard in that department because i really liked warcraft 3s story. But this? It's literally one of two things: Rescue someone or steal something. It's like playing WOW with there collect X amount of <item>.

I mean it started well. Zerg came back. Since then i seem to just be taking advantage of it and stealing **** and then rescuing people.

Also not impressed with the ship RPGness part of it that everyone else seems to be raving about. Am i the only one that played Mass Effect 2? o.0 They did it better. They did choices better as well and I'm sorry but they did there characters better as well.

I get the feeling I'm supposed to relate to these guys and perhaps it's because i didn't play the first all the way through or perhaps it's just because i don't like space cowboys but I'm not really liking anyone in it so far again usually blizzard nail there characters but these guys are just meh.

They do a good job mixing up the missions..but eh..I'd like to see a build base kill enemy mission in there once in a while.

So far it's been some interesting ideas...my favourite probably being the train level. I just wish the story was more interesting. In WC3 every mission expanded on the story and revealed a bit more. I think the last story related bit i got was the queen of blades saying she'd forgotten how resourceful i was or some ****..and that was at least 5+ missions ago.

And THAT has been the only plot advancement I've actually had since i started! I've done 12 of the 29(?) missions. Unless you count those news broadcasts..which while I'm here are not funny. Are they supposed to be? The whole "he cuts her off whenever she says something positive about the rebels" joke didn't make me laugh the first time. They've done it at least 10 times now.

WHILE what i just wrote is very negative i still like it. Enjoying the multiplayer n stuff. Just finding the characters rather boring and flat and the lack of story even more boring.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 5:18 pm 

the news thing is basically fox news. some of the commercials are funny though. gotta love the ipistol

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 10:34 am 

Andd complete. Ending was a bit of an anticlimax. Story was weak throughout tbh. Time to concentrate on getting my *** whooped in multiplayer.

Been playing a lot of 2V2 with a friend ~ Lost all 5 games so far. XD On the plus side i have a 100% win record in 1v1. 8) Tho that's 1 game and 1 game only!

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 9:48 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryan V 09
RS Status: Classic
I bought it on midnight of release, and I love it. It will only get better as people have more time to create and refine custom maps. You don't even have to be good at the actual game to enjoy it. I suck at the normal RTS part, but you don't have to do it at all if you just do custom maps. Only took 10 years for Blizzard to get it done :D.

But what did such a Teuton afterwards look like when he had been "improved" and led into a monastery? Like a caricature of a human being, like an abortion: he had become a "sinner," he was in a cage, one had imprisoned him behind nothing but sheer terrifying concepts... There he lay now, sick, miserable, filled with ill-will towards himself; full of hatred for the impulses toward life, full of suspicion of all that was still strong and happy. In short, a "Christian"... - Twighlight of the Idols

PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 10:07 pm 

2 replays of me playing

Spoiler for active links:

the first link is me shane, and mike fighting 3v3. first time all 3 of us can play without mike getting disconnected. 40 game minutes long
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7AFLZC9Q

and this is how to win a game in under 5 minutes :D
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C9784GOI

to watch them you can download them and open it right away to watch a replay using sc2. you can control how things look what we're doing at the time, my uber big actions per minute. so enjoy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Gaming » STARcraft 2 Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Page 2 of 8 [ 107 posts ]