Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: STARcraft 2
PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 3:00 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
trekkie wrote:
2 replays of me playing

Spoiler for active links:

the first link is me shane, and mike fighting 3v3. first time all 3 of us can play without mike getting disconnected. 40 game minutes long
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7AFLZC9Q

and this is how to win a game in under 5 minutes :D
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C9784GOI

to watch them you can download them and open it right away to watch a replay using sc2. you can control how things look what we're doing at the time, my uber big actions per minute. so enjoy

Defending my 100% 1v1 win rate. I'd like the chance to beat you. But because blizzard sucks and i can't play you we'll just have to agree i would win in a match. Fair? :D

edit: And lost my streak. :( To a rushing *** who spammed air on me within 10 mins. I'll say this now and get it out my system:

I **** hate people that play RTS games and rush. Your a boring bunch of tossers. You buy a game and then you spam the same crappy units over and over and win a game out in 5 mins. It's boring people, it's not fun for you or me. I could rush, I've tried it in the past and it's been mostly successful but i don't do it do you know why? Because spamming a certain unit for an easy win is boring.

I play an RTS for epic fights with lots of units, lots of explosions and deaths and a tight, struggle to the end. So if your facing me and you plan to rush me mark my **** words i will drag that game out for as long as i possibly can just to annoy you.

I wont be resigning, i wont be backing down. I'll scatter my units in all directions, I'll continue gathering enough resources to build headquaters and I'll make you **** chase it because you annoy me. Not because I lost but because you stop me from playing my game the way i want to play it.

This chump is my new benchmark of 35 minutes in what he thought was going to be a 10 minute game.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 3:00 am 

PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 7:56 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
creepy, you would never make it to BC if i was playing :P

one thing i know you could do, if you trust the person. share acc with somebody in another region and use their acc to fight whoever. that's what people did during the beta when they had tournies

PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 8:18 am 

trekkie wrote:
creepy, you would never make it to BC if i was playing :P

one thing i know you could do, if you trust the person. share acc with somebody in another region and use their acc to fight whoever. that's what people did during the beta when they had tournies

I only do BC against Zerg and that's only if they let me. I rarely come across protoss players so i don't have any real tactics against them. And every Terran player i come across either rushes or is rubbish.

But zerg? From what I've seen they have an advantage over terrans in the early tiers so i always turtle up and tech up as fast as i can. I don't usually even attack them till they attack me first i just keep an eye on what there doing.

What the screeny doesn't show is the army of tanks deployed in my base waiting for a zerg rush. :P

I've not lost doing it that way against zerg but saying that most zerg players seem crap, including me which is why i don't play them. That last game i won was probably the best I've had we both expanded at the exact same time, he has a third he'd just built that you can't see in the shot. We both had evenly matched armys but i had a few weapon/armour upgrades on my ships/vehicles that gave me the edge i think.

Anywho i keep hearing rumors that blizz is only doing the region lock thing temporarily. I don't believe it myself but we live in hope.

edit: Almost every game today has been someone massing air in the first 10 mins. God i hope this isn't a trend.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 12:55 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Why you have to show my nooby playing trekkie? :(

And stop bragging about your APM, you aren't fooling anyone. I've seen how you give all your units the move command like 10 times really quick to inflate your APM. :P

I haven't finished the campaign yet but I'm liking it so far.

For multi, terran is my least favorite race, they don't seem as powerful as the others unless you go mostly marines. Right off the bat, you got a unit that can attack both ground and air units really effectively, combine that with medivacs and they are way too **** powerful. Reapers are really powerful rushers, but I hate using them because it's so cheap. I'd rather build up but nothing terran really seems that powerful to build up to. Battlecruisers are too expensive and go down too quick. Vikings are powerful against air units but seem pretty crappy as ground. So yeah, as terran I usually just end up going marines and siege tanks. With protoss I like building up to void rays and carriers as often as I can. Zerg is fun to go to mutalisks but I can never seem to get enough expansions going to keep my vespene high enough and end up building zerglings along with everything else because they are the only unit not requiring massive amounts of gas.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 3:18 am 

The popular opinion right now is Terran are the over powered race. I disagree and like you think there a bit weak in areas especially against cloaks. Every Terran player i come across is either rubbish (me included there!) or masses cloaked banshees as fast as possible and flys over and tries to wipe you out. Only tactics i ever see in 1v1 against terran.

Problem is the only units that detect colak as terran is the missle tower (wont hold up for more than 10 seconds against 5 banshees) or the Raven. Which is why i hate playing against Terran your automatically forced into rushing for air and the problem is the Raven isn't cheap so you've got two choices really you can mass banshees yourself and rush his base first or you can build the raven and hope you've got enough resources spare at this point to mass a group of marines to deal with the banshees as the Raven can't attack them!

Pain in the *** against Protoss as well if they go cloaked tho not as bad. I don't like cloak full stop take it out the game and I'll be happy. I've been guilty of using it I've won several games now because they had no cloak detection and i flew my banshees in and just blew everything up.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 10:28 am 

actually if you get an orbital command for 50 energy you can perform a comsat instead of a mule. it will not only show whatever is at the place you scanned, you'll also detected cloaked units

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 10:28 am 

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 10:54 am 

trekkie wrote:
actually if you get an orbital command for 50 energy you can perform a comsat instead of a mule. it will not only show whatever is at the place you scanned, you'll also detected cloaked units

O really? See if they better explained this **** I'd be doing a lot better.

I knew the orbital scan showed up cloaked units what i didn't know is it showed ALL cloaked units i figured it was just in the area it was scanning.

Well thanks trekkie. That was my one weakness. And I'm now rid of it. You've just created an unstoppable monster.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 4:27 pm 

well it is in the area that is is scanning. not the whole map. fog of war is still there. sorry to get yours hopes up.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2010, 11:42 pm 

trekkie wrote:
well it is in the area that is is scanning. not the whole map. fog of war is still there. sorry to get yours hopes up.

Yeshh i did notice that in the game i played. I got nuked several times over and couldn't locate the ******** ghost. Still won though. :D

edit:

Took the time to upload one of these matches to proven my pro skillz. Naturally it looks like i don't have any plan and I'm winging it. That's because..

A)Everytime i checked his base he seemed to be doing something completely different to the last and he confused the **** out of me.
B)It was all apart of my plan and i had the entire game under control and was not in anyway winging that and i certainly did not get lucky.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 6:58 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Xbladez
tips:
close off your ramp on most maps with supply depots acting as gates (raise & lower to let your units in & out) with a couple of marines behind them and a couple of scv's repairing if you do get rushed. means even 2 marines can take out most zealot and zergling rushes, later on they slow down cloaked units from coming into your area as well.

group your cc's all to 1 number for a fast mule spamfest.
^mules > scanning. 300 minerals for every 50 energy and they last as long as it takes to refill.
^if your gonna scout out what your enemy is doing do it earlier than that with an extra scv.

nuclear launch detected = look for the lil red marker dot amongst your units or base supply line for where it's being aimed at.
^ cloaked ghosts aren't fully invisible look for terrain shimmering slightly within one screenwidth of there and scan fast to kill it b4 the nuke lands.

might post more later.

oh and to whoever said terrans are the overpowered species was way wrong.
protoss with chrono boost is alot more overpowering. as they can build units and tech up faster. add in immortals that almost never die long as you shuffle them to keep their shields up and void prisms that get stronger the longer they shoot at something.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 10:42 pm 

one of the things about zerg that you can exploit is use your overlords and place them everywhere with auto creep spewing. it does 3 things
1 if your units are on there they get a speed bonus,
2. if you have a creep tumor or your hatch is nearby it spreads the creep out faster

3. send them around the map to every mineral area and spew creep over there. if the enemy does kill the overlord they still have to wait for the creep to go away before they can build and it basically a sign saying "hi i am expanding here, attack me"

PostPosted: August 13th, 2010, 12:20 am 

trekkie wrote:
one of the things about zerg that you can exploit is use your overlords and place them everywhere with auto creep spewing. it does 3 things
1 if your units are on there they get a speed bonus,
2. if you have a creep tumor or your hatch is nearby it spreads the creep out faster

3. send them around the map to every mineral area and spew creep over there. if the enemy does kill the overlord they still have to wait for the creep to go away before they can build and it basically a sign saying "hi i am expanding here, attack me"

I've only had that done to me once and i bloody hated him for it. So annoying and it did make expanding a struggle.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2010, 11:25 am 

sc2 campaign cheats

Spoiler for cheats:

WARNING

When using cheats, achievements are disabled. To enable achievements again, start a new game or load a saved game. OverEngineeredPieceOfCod does not disable achievements.

Cheat Codes (in alphabetical order)

* EyeOfSauron - Lets you view any cinematic [Must be used from outside of a mission (in the Hyperion, etc)]

Reference to a character in Lord of the Rings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauron

* HanShotFirst - Disables Ability cooldowns.

Reference to a scene distortion in Star Wars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

* IAmIronman - Upgrades Weapons, Armor (and Shields) by 1, and researches all abilities.

Reference to Ironman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man

Or Reference to the Black Sabbath song, "I Am Ironman." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_%28song%29

* JaynesTown - Grants more Terrazine

Reference to the TV Show, FireFly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaynestown

* MoreDotsMoreDots - Disable Cost checking

Reference to WoW player, Dives from <Wipe Club>. http://kotaku.com/174801/wow-profile-this-years-leeroy-jenkins

* OverEngineeredCodPiece - Plays Terran Up the Night, does not disable achievements.

Reference to Terran Up the Night song. http://www.wowwiki.com/Terran_Up_the_Night

* RealMenDrillDeep - Grants 5,000 Vespene Gas

Referencing the Kel-Morian Combine slogan. http://starcraft.wikia.com/index.php?title=Kel-Morian_Combine

* SoSayWeAll - Disables tech requirements

Reference to Battlestar Galactica. http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/So_say_we_all

* TerribleTerribleDamage - God mode (Makes all units invincible, all units deal 10x damage, and spells and abilities only cost 1 energy)

Reference to Dustin Browder's commentary of SC2 Games. http://us.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/

* TyuHasLeftTheGame - Disable victory conditions

Reference to the second Battle Report. http://us.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/2.xml

* WhySoSerious - Gives 5,000,000 credits

Reference to the Joker in the "Dark Knight." http://www.whysoserious.com/

PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 5:14 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
Here's what happens when you rush :)

PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 7:08 am 

Shane wrote:
Here's what happens when you rush :)

While the raging is rather funny. I have to admit it does annoy me. Usually though I'm annoyed that i allowed it to happen because if you scout and defend properly you can swat a rush like a fly.

I had a game the other day where a protoss had a drone zoom in my base and i presumed it was scouting me so i let it be whle got my barracks up. Got my barracks built and killed it off carried on playing and before i know it I've got a protoss army in my base destroying EVERYTHING.

No clue how he did it at the time as my wall was safe and i had protection around my minerals so i watched the replay and the "scout" he'd sent in had set a pylon up in a foggy spot of my base. Hadn't ever had it done to me before and i had no counter cause it was over before i could do a thing.

Lesson learnt tho someone else tried it soon after and i had him for it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Gaming » STARcraft 2 Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Page 3 of 8 [ 107 posts ]