Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: STARcraft 2
PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 7:51 am 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
trekkie wrote:
sc2 campaign cheats

Spoiler for cheats:

* TerribleTerribleDamage - God mode (Makes all units invincible, all units deal 10x damage, and spells and abilities only cost 1 energy)

Reference to Dustin Browder's commentary of SC2 Games. http://us.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/

* TyuHasLeftTheGame - Disable victory conditions

Reference to the second Battle Report. http://us.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/2.xml

Haha I'm glad they've referenced that epic battle commentary. Blizzard always has come up with funny cheat code names, but these ones take the cake. XD

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 7:51 am 

PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 10:29 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/407874#blog

Top 200 european players. Lolll terran do dominate the top bit slightly.

Duckloadra, mTwDeMusliM, LiquidTLO and madfrog being the ones i recognize. Duckload and TLO being good fun to watch actually.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 11:31 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
best player is the world is idra :D :D if you don't know look him up on youtube and you'll see why he's so funny

PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 11:50 am 

trekkie wrote:
best player is the world is idra :D :D if you don't know look him up on youtube and you'll see why he's so funny

Hes a brat. I enjoy watching him lose can't say i like it when he wins. He cried his eyes out when duckloadra kicked his ***.

I seem to be getting a lot of stupid players lately. One zerg player who caught me off guard with a rush..and then chased 4 or so of my SCV's across the map..while the rest carried on mining and i finished building my barrack wall..then my SCV's ran back to my base and my marines cleaned his zerg up. Then i lost the game because my wireless crapped out. -.-'

BUT THEN i got a terran run into my base and tried to build a barracks..wtf. This was his goal throughout i killed his SCV off before he finished building it, got my barracks up and pumped out marines and then LET his scv in to continue building and i just murdered his marines as they popped out..wtf. Then i flew some banshees over and blew up his base.

League doesn't feel balanced right now. I get idiots and then i get guys that are too good for me.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 9:55 pm 

a random 3v3 that i was in.... it was pretty long and epic. even went and used a hunter seeker missile around 25 mins in

Spoiler for active link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WTLPAE83

PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 6:00 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Xbladez
CreepyPirate wrote:
...BUT THEN i got a terran run into my base and tried to build a barracks..wtf. This was his goal throughout i killed his SCV off before he finished building it, got my barracks up and pumped out marines and then LET his scv in to continue building and i just murdered his marines as they popped out..wtf. Then i flew some banshees over and blew up his base.

League doesn't feel balanced right now. I get idiots and then i get guys that are too good for me.

yea i've seen this stupid lil trick done way to often from both protoss and terran newblets rushing from a pylon or partial base right outside my own starter area. or even had 1 kid set up a pylon, forge, and tried to start making like 5 cannons right next to my double barracks as i pumped out marines to destroy his junk. cleared that all out only to get rushed half a minute later with a huge army from his main base.

league balanced hell no. cause so many people just coasted thru (started & instantly surrendered [-X ) the qualifying matches to get into the lowest ranked league for screwing around.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 6:00 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: August 28th, 2010, 11:57 pm 

big starcraft nerf bat

Greetings, citizens of the Koprulu sector! StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is celebrating its one-month anniversary and we’re extremely excited to witness the amazing community that’s come together around the game. To that end, we want you to know we are hard at work on the first feature and balance patch, and expect to have it completed and available by the middle of September. Patch 1.1 will contain a number of improvements including additional mod features, Editor improvements and bug fixes, some custom game improvements, support for NVIDIA’s 3D Vision, and more. We'd also like to share some specific plans for this patch with you.

To begin, we've heard a lot of feedback from our global community about standardized hotkey options. We're happy to announce that in patch 1.1 we are going to make the Standard (US) and Standard for Lefties (US) hotkey options available in all regions.

Balance Changes

We have several balance changes in store. One general change we're making is that friendly units will no longer provide vision after being killed. Enemy units previously revealed will no longer be targetable. Now let's break down the additional balance changes we're implementing.

Maps

We're going to be adding destructible rocks to the Desert Oasis map to make natural expansions easier to protect. In addition, the center map watchtower area is being narrowed.

Protoss

We have two key changes in mind for the zealot: the build time is being increased from 33 to 38 seconds, and the warpgate cooldown is being increased from 23 to 28 seconds. Zealot rushes are currently too powerful at various skill levels, particularly those that rely on rapidly assaulting an enemy base from nearby "proxy" gateways. We feel the window players have to scout for and fend off this rush is too small. We also want to address the problem of protoss being able to dump minerals a bit too quickly with the combination of warpgates and Chrono Boost.

Terran

There are several changes in the works for terrans. Reapers against zerg are stronger than expected. Due to the zealot build time increase, reapers would be a bit problematic in combination with proxy barracks, bunkers, and/or marauders against protoss. Therefore, we have decided to increase the build time of reapers as well from 40 to 45 seconds. Fast reaper + bunker, or fast marine + bunker rushes are problematic against zerg. Although this rush would never outright destroy the zerg player, we feel zerg suffers too much of a disadvantage from either having to cancel the fast expansion, or getting trapped inside the main base for too long, so we are also increasing the bunker build time from 30 to 35 seconds.

Siege tanks in large numbers are performing too well in all matchups. In the mid- to late-game, siege tanks are too dominant against all ground units. We want a small set of light and unarmored ground units to perform better against siege tanks. With this in mind, we're changing the Siege Mode damage of the siege tank from 50 to 35, +15 vs. armored; to correspond with this, damage upgrades will be changed from +5 to +3, +2 vs. armored. This change reduces the base damage of the siege tank against light and unarmored units, as well as the splash damage.

Battlecruisers currently lack good counters from the ground and still perform very well against a wide array of unit types. We're aware that it is not easy to get battlecruisers out for the cost, but at the same time, it is possible in both 1v1s and team games to create stalemate situations to bring them out. Overall, we feel that battlecruisers are too strong for their cost, and the terran-forced stalemate situations are causing less interesting gameplay. We will be lowering their damage against ground units from 10 to 8.

Zerg

Ultralisk damage is being decreased from 15, +25 vs. armored to 15, +20 vs. armored. This reduction is comparable to the changes being made to the battlecruiser and siege tank. Like the battlecruiser, ultralisks are simply too powerful for the cost, even though they are difficult to muster. Also, in combination with other units, ultralisks are difficult to counter from the ground. The ultralisk building attack (Ram) is being removed because the damage rate is too similar to its normal attack, which will be used against buildings instead. When ultralisks target tightly packed smaller buildings such as supply depots, the Ram attack is actually outputting considerably less overall damage than its normal attack, as Ram only hits a single target.

And Beyond...

We are reading your posts on the forums and creating lists of features and bugs to address in future patches. We have mid- to long-term plans to further evolve the Custom Game experience, and soon, enhance our social features with the addition of chat channels. We will be sharing more specific information in the coming weeks. As with all of our previous games, we will support StarCraft II for many years to come. Your feedback and participation is critical in making this not only the best game it can be, but also the most engaged gaming community in the world. We look forward to the implementation of patch 1.1, as well as sharing our plans for our future gameplay and Battle.net features.

We'll see you online!

PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 12:43 am 

Tanks are my favourite unit so I'm not pleased with that one. I liked being able to set two up at my entrance and just not have to worry about any army marching up my ramp becuase they'd blow it to ****. Which i suppose is there point. Bunkers isn't an issue for me really I don't ever rush in my games so I've no problem with the time increase.

No idea what there thinking with battlecruisers. There garbage and cost too much if anything. Yes there alright against ground units but any protoss that knows what there doing can smash them easily, snap with Terran. I'd sooner have a nice mix of Vikings and Banshees than battlecruisers.

Happy about the Zealot timing as well. Only proper way to stop that sort of a rush is to spot the pylon and deal with it before they can make use of it.

edit: Heres the Idras thoughts on the new patch;

PostPosted: August 30th, 2010, 10:36 pm 

haha it's not him creepy. idra is a white american but with too much red bull

PostPosted: August 31st, 2010, 1:11 am 

trekkie wrote:
haha it's not him creepy. idra is a white american but with too much red bull

I know this. Idra looks how you'd expect him to look - a little nerdy guy.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2010, 11:54 pm 

interesting youtube video of a hacker.

part 1

part 2

he got banned pretty quick

PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 3:18 am 

http://kotaku.com/5633331/blizzard-depl ... -official-custom-map

Rather funny stuff. Everyone crying that terran are OP and blizz release a map that's hugely in favour of terran. :lol: Unfortunately i don't play 3v3 but if i did I'd have no problem flying over that lava. 8)

edit: While I'm here a rather odd match up which turned out to be a good game as seen here;

Always the sign of a good game right? Back and forth, no one really dominating.

Except for this;
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/creepybacon/sc2army.png

My army steadily grows over time as his drops off. But it was a good game, lots of fun. Lots of hit n running on expansions. Love map control games.

Now whats weird is. I'm bronze league. I skipped the 40 odd free games i still had left, got D/C in a trial game and rushed in 2 others. I think i won 1 out of 5. And got put in bronze. And then i lost a ton.

Now though i win more often than not. Now i usually check the other guys stats at the end of the game and at most I've played a silver player in 1v1 so imagine my surprise to see this guy was a plat player. And not just a new recruit who got lucky and put in there but a guy who's won a fair amount of games.

Now that game to me was a comfortable win. I never felt like i was going to lose. You'd think that'd warrent the matchmaking putting me into silver at the very least as it goes I'm still chillin in bronze. XD Seems the matchmaking is pretty screwed up right now cause i shouldn't still be in bronze and that guy shouldn't be in plat.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 6:08 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jer99
Played 5 games today, this is how i did:

If you want to add me, its Jeremy/377

PostPosted: September 12th, 2010, 12:19 am 

Watch that then enjoy this epic little song;

PostPosted: September 16th, 2010, 11:22 pm 

unofficial starcraft 2 update

Spoiler for update:

Warning this was leaked on US forums after 20min blue post deleted thread this means it must be legit and it means US blue post are more active than EU am i surpised? no this just means this thread will stay alive longer

Maps
- Destructible Rocks have been added to the natural expansions of Desert Oasis, and the center has been narrowed.
- Various ladder maps have been added.

General
- Ground Units of type Psionic now have vision in the air plane.

Protoss
- Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38 seconds.
- Zealot warp-in cooldown increased from 23 to 28 seconds.
- Warp Prisms now unload their cargo instantly while in Phasing Mode.
- Chronoboost cooldown increased from 0 to 20 seconds.
- Dark Shrine build time decreased from 100 to 80.
- Dark Shrine cost decreased from 100 minerals 250 gas to 100 minerals 200 gas.
- Carrier cost increased from 350 minerals 250 gas to 400 minerals 250 gas.
- Carriers now spawn with four Interceptors prebuilt.

Terran
- Reaper build time increased from 40 to 45 seconds.
- Bunker build time increased from 30 to 35 seconds.
- Siege Mode damage decreased from 50 to 35, 15 armored.
- Siege Mode damage upgrades per level changed from 5 to 3, 2 vs. armored.
- Battlecruiser damage vs. ground decreased from 10 to 8.
- Calldown MULE cooldown increased from 0 to 40 seconds.
- Planetary Fortress build time decreased from 50 to 40 seconds.
- 250 mm Cannons research time decreased from 110 to 80 seconds.
- 250 mm Cannons cost decreased from 150 minerals 150 gas to 100 minerals 100 gas.
- 250 mm Cannons may now be used on friendly and neutral structures and units.

Zerg
- Ultralisk damage decreased from 15, 25 vs. armored to 15, 20 vs. armored.
- Ultralisk Ram attack removed.
- Nydus Worms can now be cancelled and refunded while building.
- Overlord base speed increased to from 0.469 to 0.938.
- Overlord upgraded speed increase from 1.875 to 2.344.
- Overlords can now use Excrete Creep while moving.
- Overlord base speed now decreases from 0.938 to 0.469 while Excrete Creep is active.
- Overlord upgraded speed now decreased from 2.344 to 1.875 while Excrete Creep is active.
- Spawn Larvae energy cost reduced to 20 from 25.

Bugfixes
- Fixed a bug that caused cloaked units to cast shadows.
- Fixed a bug where Larva would sometimes accidently die by walking off cliffs.
- Fixed a bug where a Nuclear Strike target could be hid behind a Lair.
- Fixed a bug that allowed SCVs to construct halted buildings from within Bunkers.
- Fixed a netcode bug that enabled players to warp in Immortals from Warp Gates.
- Fixed a bug that caused Random players to not see their cursor during the loading screen.
- Fixed a bug where Changelings morphed slower while coming into range of enemy units than when dropped from an Overseer over enemy units.

General
- Improved the functionality of voice chat.
- Manually queued waypoints can now be set to all 5 basic commands.
- Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Gaming » STARcraft 2 Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8 [ 107 posts ]