Post subject: Ghosts Ahoy!! (Completed)
PostPosted: November 14th, 2006, 5:03 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Tbl
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Quest: Ghosts Ahoy

Difficulty: Medium

Length: Long

Items needed: Ghostspeak Amulet (can get another from the guy in the Lumbridge Swamp if you have lost yours), Around 40 Ecto-tokens, Silk, Spade, Thread, Knife, Needle, 500 GP (or more), Oak Longbow, Around 5 buckets and 5 pots, Nettle Tea, (Bucket of milk, Bowl of water, and Nettles are used for making Nettle Tea. You need to wear gloves to pick the Nettles.)

Requirements: 25 Agility, 20 Cooking, Ability to kill a Lvl 32 Monster, Completed the "Priest in Peril" quest, Completed the "Restless Ghost" quest

Where to start: Speak to Velorina, East of Canifis

Reward: 2400 Prayer XP, Ectophial, Access to Port Phasmatys without Ecto-tokens, 2 QP

~Note: If you don't know how to make Ecto-tokens or Worship the Ectofuntus, I made a video. You can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W7GUHUWP (18.5 Megabytes, .wmv format)
http://www.box.net/public/npvt6xjgex (5.6 Megabytes, .RM format, Opens with RealPlayer)
I'm trying to get multiple file versions of it and upload at different places so I will update this

1. Get a few Ecto-tokens (more like 40 or so, you will need to enter and leave Port Phasmatys a lot, plus pay someone 25) and enter Port Phasmatys. Talk to Velorina to start the quest. She is located in the Northern part of the city next to the docks.

2. She will tell you about the history of the town, how they used to be a happy place, yada yada yada. Agree to help her. Now head over to the place where you got the Ecto-tokens.

3. Talk to Necrovarus. You'll find out he isn't such a nice guy. After the talk with him, head back over and talk to Velorina.

4. Velorina will tell you of the disciple that spoke out against Necrovarus prior to the Ectofunus taking over. Head over to her shack, located here:

5. This is where you need your Nettle Tea, so if you don't have any, go get some. (It can be made by picking Nettles and using them on a bowl of water. Boil the Nettle Water on a range, then use the Nettle Tea it makes on a Tea Cup. Use a bucket of milk on the Nettle Tea in the Teacup.)

6. After you talk to the Old Crone, she will say she can't remember anything, but Nettle Tea refreshes her memory. She doesn't drink it unless it's in her special cup, so she will give you her special cup. Use the cup of Nettle Tea on the porcelain cup to get this: Image

7. Talk to her again, go through the dialogue, and she will say she needs The Book of Haricanto, The Robes of Necrovarus and something to translate The Book of Haricanto, since she can't read the writing. Before you go off hunting for those items, say that she is doing so much for you, what can you do for her? She will give you a toy boat that belonged to her son. If you have the thread and needle, click "Repair Model ship."

8. Now go back towards Port Phasmatys, but stop at the Farming allotment. Directly north of that you should see a Green-ish colored ship that you can walk on to. Go up the ladder, then once you're on the deck go up the other ladder to where the mast is. You need to wait til the wind speed is low:

Before you search the mast, or you will get this message:

9. Once you see what color the bottom half of the flag, the top half of the flag, and the skull emblem are (you will need yo search the mast multiple times), get dye to match that color. It may be different for each person (Aggie in Draynor makes dye, go to her for it. Yellow + red dye = Orange dye, red + blue = purple, and yellow + blue for green). I recommend seeing what colors you need first since there is no way for you to know what colors you will need.

10. Dye the toy ship accordingly by using the dyes with the Model ship. Once you dye all three parts, talk to the Old Man on the deck. Ask him if it is his toy boat. He will say it is, then your character will ask for the key to the chest in the Captain's quarters. He will give you the key. Go unlock and open the chest to get the map scrap.

11. On the deck where you talked to the Old Man, a bit to the west there is a gangplank. Cross it, jump across the rocks and at the end of the ordeal search the chest for a second piece of map.

12. Return to the ship. This time search chests on the bottom deck til the lvl 32 monster pops out at you. Kill it then search again for the final piece of map. Use a map piece with another and it will automatically combine them all to make the map.

13. Head back to Port Phasmatys (you need 2 Ecto-tokens to get in, still). Head east to the docks and talk to Ak-Haranu. He will ask you to get an Oak Longbow signed by a famous Bowman staying at the Inn. When you get to the Inn, talk to Robin. He will say he doesn't sign autographs, but he will play you in a game of Runedraw. While playing just hit draw, there's nothing else you can do. Play until you beat him 4 times (Different runes amount to different points, if someone draws a Death Rune they lose instantly). Instead of paying up the 100 gp he owes you he will sign the bow.

14. Return to Ak-Haranu with the bow. He will give you the translation manual in trade for the signed bow.

15. Go back to the inn and speak with the Inn keeper. ASk him for a job. He'll give you some bed linens. You can wear them like they are, but that won't help you. Go to the Ectofuntus and put the sheets in the pool of Ectoplasm. Now THAT is a disguise!!

16. Pay 2 Ecto-tokens to get back in Port Phasmatys. Put on your ever-so-sneaky ghost disguise and talk to Gravingas (located just south of the entrance gate). Agree to help him in his petition.

17. YOU WILL NEED A LOT OF ECTO-TOKENS FOR THIS PART OF THE QUEST (40-ish). Go around the village and ask the .. villiagers to sign the petition. It will cost you Ecto-tokens to get the signatures of some villagers.

18. Head back to Gravingas with all the signatures. He will tell you to show them to Necrovarus. Do so. When you talk to Necrovarus he will turn the petition to ash. In his rage, though, he dropped a key so pick it up.

19. Go upstairs in the Ectofuntus and use the Bone key on the door of the room with the coffin in it. Once you're in, search the coffin and get the mystical robes. Return to Port Phasmatys.

20. Talk to Gravingas, tell him Necrovarus burned it. Now go to the Ghost Captain standing in front of the little rowboat:

Get him to take you to Dragontooth Island for 25 Ecto-tokens. Now stand here:

Look at your map and right click it. Select "follow" and..well, follow the instructions on the map:

6 Paces South
8 Paces East
2 Paces North
4 Paces East
And 22 Paces South..

Once you're at the location, dig with your spade. You will get the Book of Haricanto.

21. Head back to the Old Crone's house with the three items she wanted you to find. She will enchant your Ghostspeak Amulet.

22. Go to Necrovarus and command him to let the ghosts choose where they go when they die. Since you have your enchanted amulet on he will listen to you.

23. Go back to Velorina and get your reward!! You're done!

Side note: To refill the Ectophial, use the empty Ectophial on the Ectofuntus. When you teleport using the Ectophial you appear right next to the Ectofuntus, so you should ALWAYS refill it.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 14th, 2006, 5:03 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2006, 8:20 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Gontcha
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Pork Forces, gtfo MM!!
nice guide

for the petition part, you can stick to two ghosts, ask one to sign it, then ask another and repeat, cuts on time and tokens for me.
~G

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2006, 2:04 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Gotekn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: TKC, The Kindred Clan
On the Runedraw part, add that if you beat him any 4 times he will give you the signature, you could win, lose lose lose lose win win win and he would give you it, or you could like win win win lose lose lose lose lose win and he will still sign it. You only need to win 4 times unlike another quest i think you need to win 4 times in a row in order to win because then he could pay you back with the money he won or somethin like that.

Also I give it a 4.5/5 its a really good guide.

~Gotekn~

a recent study showed that 92% percent of all teenagers converted to emo/puck etc. put this in ur profile if ur one of the 8% who stayed gangsterr
I post in cyan cause I'm good like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 13th, 2006, 8:48 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
umm... I have thread, silk, a needle, and the boat but it just says what i need for the boat. What am I doing wrong?
EDIT: I needed a knife now I'm done :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2007, 12:46 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Tbl
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Gotekn wrote:
On the Runedraw part, add that if you beat him any 4 times he will give you the signature, you could win, lose lose lose lose win win win and he would give you it, or you could like win win win lose lose lose lose lose win and he will still sign it. You only need to win 4 times unlike another quest i think you need to win 4 times in a row in order to win because then he could pay you back with the money he won or somethin like that.

Also I give it a 4.5/5 its a really good guide.

~Gotekn~

I said play until you beat him 4 times, I think that is enough lol.