Post subject: Mourning's Ends part 2
PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 3:12 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
creator trekkie helpers: Alex 43, shane12088 , mike12088, xolor

Mourning's Ends Part II(The Temple of Light)

This chapter of the quest takes our hero deep under the mountains of Arandar to put a stop to the evil plans of the mourners.
If our hero is to succeed, they must solve one of the most complicated puzzles in all of Gielinor.

Start point: Lletya

To start: Speak to Arianwyn
Quest length: Long

Minimum requirements:
High agility is an advantage
Must have completed Mourning's Ends Part I

items: full mourner outfit, teleport crystal, chisel, rope,
Rope, Spade, Iron Pickaxe,Iron Axe, Knife, Plank, Pie Dish, Potatoes (10)( in a sake), Pot of Flour, Bucket of Milk, Ball of Wool, Oak Logs, Chisel, Shears, Needle, Thread, Cooked Meat, Unicorn Horn Dust, Bronze Bar, White Berries, Hammer, Potato Cactus, Skull, Babydragon Bones, facemask, rune essence, lobster pot, fishing rod, tinderbox, lockpick, bronze medium helmet, white apron, jug of wine, kebab, leather boots, swamp paste, redberries, cheese, vial of water, flax, gold ring, egg, leather gloves, cake tin, necklace mould, rotten tomato
(highly recommended) , ardougne teleport, food, good armor,energy potions.

QUEST REWARD:
20 000 agility exp
2 quest points
Loverly death talisman
Trinket

1. Talk to Arianwyn in Lletya to start the quest. He will tell you to make sure that they do not have they do not have the key to the site yet.

2. Teleport to Ardougne and put on your full mourner's outfit. Head back down to the headquarters and talk to the head mourner. He'll tell you that he has the keys and he wants you to look for a missing dig detail.

3. Go through the door next to the gnome prison cell and head south west. You'll pass some level-183 Dark Beasts, you cannot hurt them unless you have 90 slayer. after you pass them you'll find the dig team all dead and enter a cut scene telling you to talk to Arianwyn.
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/bodies.png

Before you leave, search the bodies for a color wheel and a diary.
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/colorwheel.png

4. Teleport back to Lletya and talk to Arianwyn. He will ask you to go back and find a dark crystal and get a sample.

5. Grab a chisel and food, weapons, armor and teleport back to Ardougne. Head back to the temple. Make your way up the maze but becareful of the shadow monsters. They have about 15 HP but their attacks are magic base and they hit very hard. When you find the black crystal use your chisel on it and teleport back to Lletya.
ImageImage
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/blackcrystal.png
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/blackshard.png

6. Talk to Arianwyn once more and he wil summon Eluned to enchant your sample.
ImageImage
Code:
]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/talks.png
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/whitecrystal.png

He'll tell you to head back to the temple of light and find an altar in the back of the temple.

7. So here is your mission to find the altar in the back of the temple and put the safeguard back in place.

8. You see the stones with hole in them. you have to navigate the light with mirriors so that it reaches each door. To accomplish this look at your colorwheel, you see that each color has another color on the other side. I could talk about why this is, but it's better to let your future physics teacher handle that. All you need to know is when two oppisite colors mix it turns white. Visible white light is made of all the colors so when you mix colors on the oppisite ends the cancel each other out. So enough of causing a headache lets begin.

items to bring: rope, lots of food, armor, (optional) agility pots, prayer pots

Beam - What I call the beam of light you need to guide.
1-way - A pillar* that only sends the beam in 1 direction. Usually on the 1st floor.
2-way - A pillar with holes that send the beam 2 different directions.
3-way - A pillar with holes that send the beam 3 different directions.
4-way - A pillar with holes that send the beam 4 different directions.
Starter - The pillar you start off at. Only shoots one way, even though there are 2 directions on it.
Send it ... - Focus the beam so it goes in this direction.
Directions - There are 6 I will use: North, West, South, East, Up, and Down. It's the direction to send the beam, not point the mirror.

* - All pillars except the starter also will emit light going up and down, but I'm not going to count that just to make things simpler.
**- a little advice, sometimes the wall will send saw blades to try and attack you. If you want to stay away from them try your best to stay in the middle and follow the yellow brick road.

To use the mirrors: If you want to send it downward, rotate the mirror so that the wider end of it intercepts the beam coming in. Otherwise, just look for the beam while you rotate it.

HOW TO DO THE PUZZLES

There are 6 parts to it. Each part focuses on a different door which you must get through to get more crystals and mirrors.

The large center-east stairs are the only way you can get from the first floor to the second, and the thin stairs south of them on the second floor are the main way to get from the second floor to the third. Remember that NOW.

START-OFF

Go to the second floor and go straight east from the stairs. There's a collecter on the wall with a lever. Pull the lever, then collect.
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/lever.png

YOU WILL GET: MIRROR X 4
YELLOW CRYSTAL

1ST PART

I recomend you actually try this one on your own because it's so easy.

Add the mirror to the starter sending the beam north.

Go to the 2-way that recieves it and send it west. It'll go through a 4-way and a 2-way.

Add a mirror to the 4-way and send it south.

Proceed south yourself until you reach another 4-way which the beam goes through.

Insert the yellow crystal into it and change the beam to yellow.

Proceed south until you reach a 3-way, then send it east.
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/yellowlight.png

Now you must cross handholds that have a 5% chance of success. Trust me, it can get frusturating, so keep your hopes high and know that you 'WILL' make it. Once you cross it, enter the blue door. Inside is a 2-way and a chest. Try to keep your weight as low as possible with high energy, it seems to help a little more.

Open the chest and search it.

YOU WILL GET: MIRROR X 2
CYAN CRYSTAL

After, pull the lever and restart it.

YOU WILL HAVE: MIRROR X 6
YELLOW CRYSTAL
CYAN CRYSTAL

2ND PART

This one is also very easy, mainly because you don't have to go up or down. The trick to it, however, is to use both crystals to make a color you don't have.

Start off the same way as the first part. Starter mirror, and send it west.

Now, instead of sending it south through the 4-way, insert the cyan crystal.

Continue west until you get to the 2-way. Insert mirror and send it north.

Up north is a 3-way. Send it east.

Go east to another 3-way. Insert the yellow crystal. It will turn the light green.
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/pinkdoor.png

Proceed east past the purple door. open the chest and search it.

3RD PART

Do the second part. Now, DO NOT RESTART IT. instead, go back west to the 3-way with your yellow crystal. Take the yellow crystal and add a mirror to send it up.

Climb the ladder a few squares north of it to another 3-way. Send it west.

If you look closely in that enclosed room to the west, the beam will change from cyan to dark blue. That's because that pillar has a purple crystal inside you can't get. Remember that now.

Climb down the ladder and head south to the thin stairs that lead you to the third floor. Go up, head north across that thin bridge with a 1-way, and go northwest past a thin hallway. Get to the northwestern part of the temple to where the blue beam reaches.

Add a mirror and send it down.

Now, head to the first floor underneath when the blue beam goes down. If you want, you can just teleport, make a bank trip, return, and head to the northwestern most area on the first floor.
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/insidedoor.png

Once you're there, there will be some yellow doors being opened from the inside. Go in and turn the pillar to change doors, because there's a second there that leads to the chest.

Open and search the chest.

FRACTURED CRYSTAL N

Leave by rotating the pillar. Again, DO NOT RESTART IT!

4TH PART

Do the 3rd part. With your new mirrors, go to the second floor to the 4-way pillar where your cyan crystal is. Take it and replace it with your yellow crystal.

Now go back to where you sent the blue beam down; the northwestern most area on the third floor. The beam will be changed to red. Rotate its mirror to send it going south.

Follow it south. Don't do anything to the 3-way pillar on the way. Keep going to the 2-way on the southwestern-most corner of the temple.

When you're there, send it down.

Now, go to the second floor. You need your rope for this part.

West a ways from the thin stairs, there's a low wall you can jump over. Do it, then use the rope on some rocks that have the option 'climb down'. Once the rope is there, then you climb down.

You'll be in a room with the western-most walls looking like elven bathroom signs. A quick 'easter egg' the Jagex Team added just for a little humor. But getting serious now, you can enter the cyan door. Open the chest.

YOU WILL GET: BLUE CRYSTAL

Nope, no mirrors. For an easy way out, rotate the mirror to the other door to make it to the first floor crystal. Go upstairs and get to the starter.

NOW you can restart.

5TH PART

Now, this one took me a while to figure out. Do the 1st part again. Yes, you must cross those dreaded handholds a second time. MAKE SURE you bring the blue crystal when you do it.

When you cross it and enter the blue door, add the blue crystal to the pillar inside. Now, take the mirror in the southern-most 3-way on the second floor and yellow crystal back.

Go to the northern 4-way on the second floor and send the beam up. Go to the third floor, cross the chasm by the sets of stairs or that bridge with the 1-way, and get to the 4-way pillar. The black crystal is there to, so if you still need to chisel it, this is a good time.

Send the light from the 4-way south.

Cross the chasm again to the other 4-way. Insert the fractured crystal. The beam will split into 3 directions. Let's do this one floor at a time.

Go west from the 4-way and add the recieving 3-way piller down. Return to the 4-way pillar.

Go south now to the 3-way that's recieving it. Send it east.

Go east to that reciever and send it down.

Head back to the first floor to the west of the southern-most 4-way.

The beam is now green. What the heck, a glitch? Nope, the 2nd floor pillar that it went through has a green crystal fused inside that you can't take. not a problem. Send the beam south.

Go to the recieving 3-way (about 2 mirrors left) and send it east.

Go east. There will be a yellow door and a purple door, which is now open, and the blue beam coming down inside. Enter the purple door, insert a mirror sending the beam to the yellow door. Enter it, and search the chest.
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/pinkyellow.png

YOU WILL GET: MIRROR X 3
FRACTURED CRYSTAL E

FINAL PART

This is it! The final section of the puzzle! This'll take all you can spare, because you got a lot of running around to do.

Restart the puzzle and insert the starter.

Now, instead of your usual send the next beam west to the 4-way north of the starter, you send it DOWN.

Go to the first floor, go to the 1-way north of the large stairs, and insert a mirror. it should go west.

Now, insert the newest fractured crystal into the 4-way, spliting the beam up into 3. Go west, then north, then east to another 3-way pillar. Send it up as well. Return to the 4-way which you inserted the fractured crystal.

Go south from there to the second 4-way, and insert the other fractured crystal. Another 3 beams to worry about! Again, to make this simple, we'll do 1 floor at a time.

Go west from the second 4-way to the 2-way and send it up through the green pillar.

Go east from the second 4-way and also send that one up.

Go to the second floor. West of the northern 4-way is a 2-way. Go there, then go north from there and east to the pillar near the ladder. Insert the yellow crystal.

Go up the ladder that leads to the lone 3-way. Send the beam, which should now be yellow, to the west once again through the purple pillar.

Go down the ladder and get to the thin stairs that lead to the main areas of the third floor.

Go up to the third floor and east to the 4-way pillar.

Go west of the 4-way pillar and add a mirror to the 3-way to send it west into the 1-way. It should be a green beam. Return to the 4-way.

Go east of it to another 1-way. Add a mirror. Go back to the 4-way.

Add a mirror to it to send the beam north.

Go to the 4-way pillar to the north and send it west.

Go west to the 3-way pillar and insert the blue crystal. It'll send a blue beam to a 1-way like the green.

Now, go to the northwestern-most part of the third floor like you did on the 3rd and 4th parts. Send the beam south.

Now, you add a mirror to the 3-way south of there. Send it east.
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/overview.png

That's it for the mirrors. Go to those 2 large stairs leading both down to the same area. Go down, then down again to the center of the temple.
Image Image
Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/cyandoor.png

Code:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/trekkie123/ruins.png

The door should be open! Enter and turn the pillar. It will shine on the merger and the door will light up! Now you can access the death altar!

9.When you have reached the ruin a dwarf will beat you to it. He asked that you give him some items to receive a death tally.
it's a big list of noob items which should be somewhateasy to obtain.
list:
Random Ticket (Archery, Ranging, etc.)
Random Book (Crumbling Tome, Battered Book, etc.)
Random Key (Door Key, jail key, etc.)
Rope
Spade
Iron Pickaxe
Iron Axe
Knife
Plank
Pie Dish
Potatoes (10)( in a sake)
Pot of Flour
Bucket of Milk
Ball of Wool
Oak Logs
Chisel
Shears
Needle
Thread
Cooked Meat
Unicorn Horn Dust
Bronze Bar
White Berries
Hammer
Potato Cactus
Skull
Babydragon Bones
facemask
rune essence
lobster pot
fishing rod
tinderbox
lockpick
bronze medium helmet
white apron
jug of wine
kebab
leather boots
swamp paste
redberries
cheese
vial of water
flax
gold ring
egg
leather gloves
cake tin
necklace mould
rotten tomato

10. After you gave him all the items grab that crystal and use the death tally with the ruins. when you get in use the crystal wih the death altar and it should change.

11. Then head back upstairs and use the crystal with the black one and then teleport back to Lleyta.

12. Talk to Arianwyn and congrats you have completed the quest.

note: The trinket allows you to re-enter the temple. without the crystal a mystical force will throw you back out.

hope this helps now i need a few thigns from people
1. a picture of the cyan door with the light going through.
2. a picture of the crystal sample (after using it on the death altar)

Last edited by trekkie on November 15th, 2005, 10:07 am, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 3:12 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 4:23 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
A few things to add. For starts, Shadows are melee. I suggest bringing dragon mace, holy symbol, prayer book, and monk robes for the prayer bonuses so you'll have more time inside there to figure out the puzzle. Otherwise, bring some really good armor and lots of good food.

Now, there are 6 parts to the puzzle. 5 of then you need to get to certain chests and get even more mirrors and crystals. Altogether, there are 13 mirros, a blue crystal, a yellow crystal, a cyan crystal, and 2 fractured crystals what split the beams into multiples.

Yes, I finished it on the day it came out. Yay me, huh?

Once you get the talisman, enter the alter. It's closer to the portal then the body alter, which I didn't expect. I thought it would be another maze, but instead it has lots of dead trees and ghosts flying around.

Anyways, the crystal will glow and look just like the trinket. Use it on that patch of black crystals, and it'll become white again like the crystal patch on the first floor. Talk to Arynwyn again to end the quest.

QUEST REWARD:
20 000 agility exp
2 quest points
Loverly death talisman
Trinket (Another thing you must bring to access the temple going in the West Ardougne way)

Last edited by Alex 43 on October 20th, 2005, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 6:59 pm 

wow nice reward... well i'll try to add them as i go along

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 7:05 pm 
BANNED

RS Status: Classic
the reward is a death tally? I thought that was goig to be the lvl 90 slayer monster drop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 7:50 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: das da gud 1
wow, nice, u finished it so fast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 7:59 pm 

man i'm trying to find the altar so i can use the crystal thing with it? or do i have to open the doors before i can get there

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 7:59 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 7:55 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca

INTRODUCTION

All right. I wrote up a guide to how to do each and every part of the puzzle for those who are incredibly stuck.

WRITERS NOTE (READ BEFORE VIEWING!): The Jagex Team make these puzzles for a good reason: To see how many players can use their own logic to solve puzzles. They would prefer other people not to use a guide to learn how to solve them, so I want to warn you: Use at your own risk. I'm really not kidding, because I finished the puzzle on my own, and by pure generousity, am going back through the trouble to remember what exactly what to do. Only use this guide if you're absolutely stuck and really can't afford any more prayer potions. Otherwise, at least try the first one on your own.

ITEMS YOU SHOULD BRING: A coil of rope, a chisel (unless you got the black crystal already), lots of food and prayer potions. If anything, I suggest you bring monks robes, dragon mace, prayerbook, and holy Saradomin symbol for the prayer bonuses. Plus, in case you do die, because you might get careless at times, it's not so hard to regain. You'll have to sacrifice some areas for the mourner uniform, and leave some spaces open to carry the mirrors and crystals. Also, bring a teleport like glory amulet or Lletya crystal.

Ok. I'm going to now write up a 'slang' legend. I won't be using pictures because ... well, who DOES want to go back in there?

Beam - What I call the beam of light you need to guide.
1-way - A pillar* that only sends the beam in 1 direction. Usually on the 1st floor.
2-way - A pillar with holes that send the beam 2 different directions.
3-way - A pillar with holes that send the beam 3 different directions.
4-way - A pillar with holes that send the beam 4 different directions.
Starter - The pillar you start off at. Only shoots one way, even though there are 2 directions on it.
Send it ... - Focus the beam so it goes in this direction.
Directions - There are 6 I will use: North, West, South, East, Up, and Down. It's the direction to send the beam, not point the mirror.

* - All pillars except the starter also will emit light going up and down, but I'm not going to count that just to make things simpler.

To use the mirrors: If you want to send it downward, rotate the mirror so that the wider end of it intercepts the beam coming in. Otherwise, just look for the beam while you rotate it.

HOW TO DO THE PUZZLES

There are 6 parts to it. Each part focuses on a different door which you must get through to get more crystals and mirrors.

The large center-east stairs are the only way you can get from the first floor to the second, and the thin stairs south of them on the second floor are the main way to get from the second floor to the third. Remember that NOW.

START-OFF

Go to the second floor and go straight east from the stairs. There's a collecter on the wall with a lever. Pull the lever, then collect by means of right-click.

YOU WILL GET: MIRROR X 4
YELLOW CRYSTAL

1ST PART

I recomend you actually try this one on your own because it's so easy.

Add the mirror to the starter sending the beam north.

Go to the 2-way that recieves it and send it west. It'll go through a 4-way and a 2-way.

Add a mirror to the 4-way and send it south.

Proceed south yourself until you reach another 4-way which the beam goes through.

Insert the yellow crystal into it and change the beam to yellow.

Proceed south until you reach a 3-way, then send it east.

Now you must cross handholds that have a 5% chance of success. Trust me, it can get frusturating, so keep your hopes high and know that you 'WILL' make it. Once you cross it, enter the blue door. Inside is a 2-way and a chest.

Open the chest and search it.

CYAN CRYSTAL

After, pull the lever and restart it.

YOU WILL HAVE: MIRROR X 6
YELLOW CRYSTAL
CYAN CRYSTAL

2ND PART

This one is also very easy, mainly because you don't have to go up or down. The trick to it, however, is to use both crystals to make a color you don't have.

Start off the same way as the first part. Starter mirror, and send it west.

Now, instead of sending it south through the 4-way, insert the cyan crystal.

Continue west until you get to the 2-way. Insert mirror and send it north.

Up north is a 3-way. Send it east.

Go east to another 3-way. Insert the yellow crystal.

Proceed east past the purple door. open the chest and search it.

3RD PART

Do the second part. Now, DO NOT RESTART IT. instead, go back west to the 3-way with your yellow crystal. Take the yellow crystal and add a mirror to send it up.

Climb the ladder a few squares north of it to another 3-way. Send it west.

If you look closely in that enclosed room to the wwest, the beam will change from cyan to dark blue. That's because that pillar has a purple crystal inside you can't get. Remember that now.

Climb down the ladder and head south to the thin stairs that lead you to the third floor. Go up, head north across that thin bridge with a 1-way, and go northwest past a thin hallway. Get to the northwestern part of the temple to where the blue beam reaches.

Add a mirror and send it down.

Now, head to the first floor underneath when the blue beam goes down. If you want, you can just teleport, make a bank trip, return, and head to the northwestern most area on the first floor.

Once you're there, there will be some yellow doors being opened from the inside. Go in and turn the pillar to change doors, because there's a second there that leads to the chest.

Open and search the chest.

FRACTURED CRYSTAL N

Leave by rotating the pillar. Again, DO NOT RESTART IT!

4TH PART

Do the 3rd part. With your new mirrors, go to the second floor to the 4-way pillar where your cyan crystal is. Take it and replace it with your yellow crystal.

Now go back to where you sent the blue beam down; the northwestern most area on the third floor. The beam will be changed to red. Rotate its mirror to send it going south.

Follow it south. Don't do anything to the 3-way pillar on the way. Keep going to the 2-way on the southwestern-most corner of the temple.

When you're there, send it down.

Now, go to the second floor. You need your rope for this part.

West a ways from the thin stairs, there's a low wall you can jump over. Do it, then use the rope on some rocks that have the option 'climb down'. Once the rope is there, then you climb down.

You'll be in a room with the western-most walls looking like elven bathroom signs. A quick 'easter egg' the Jagex Team added just for a little humor. But getting serious now, you can enter the cyan door. Open the chest.

YOU WILL GET: BLUE CRYSTAL

Nope, no mirrors. For an easy way out, rotate the mirror to the other door to make it to the first floor crystal. Go upstairs and get to the starter.

NOW you can restart.

5TH PART

Now, this one took me a while to figure out. Do the 1st part again. Yes, you must cross those dreaded handholds a second time. MAKE SURE you bring the blue crystal when you do it.

When you cross it and enter the blue door, add the blue crystal to the pillar inside. Now, take the mirror in the southern-most 3-way on the second floor and yellow crystal back.

Go to the northern 4-way on the second floor and send the beam up. Go to the third floor, cross the chasm by the sets of stairs or that bridge with the 1-way, and get to the 4-way pillar. The black crystal is there to, so if you still need to chisel it, this is a good time.

Send the light from the 4-way south.

Cross the chasm again to the other 4-way. Insert the fractured crystal. The beam will split into 3 directions. Let's do this one floor at a time.

Go west from the 4-way and add the recieving 3-way piller down. Return to the 4-way pillar.

Go south now to the 3-way that's recieving it. Send it east.

Go east to that reciever and send it down.

Head back to the first floor to the west of the southern-most 4-way.

The beam is now green. What the heck, a glitch? Nope, the 2nd floor pillar that it went through has a green crystal fused inside that you can't take. not a problem. Send the beam south.

Go to the recieving 3-way (about 2 mirrors left) and send it east.

Go east. There will be a yellow door and a purple door, which is now open, and the blue beam coming down inside. Enter the purple door, insert a mirror sending the beam to the yellow door. Enter it, and search the chest.

YOU WILL GET: MIRROR X 3
FRACTURED CRYSTAL E

FINAL PART

This is it! The final section of the puzzle! This'll take all you can spare, because you got a lot of running around to do.

Restart the puzzle and insert the starter.

Now, instead of your usual send the next beam west to the 4-way north of the starter, you send it DOWN.

Go to the first floor, go to the 1-way north of the large stairs, and insert a mirror. it should go west.

Now, insert the newest fractured crystal into the 4-way, spliting the beam up into 3. Go west, then north, then east to another 3-way pillar. Send it up as well. Return to the 4-way which you inserted the fractured crystal.

Go south from there to the second 4-way, and insert the other fractured crystal. Another 3 beams to worry about! Again, to make this simple, we'll do 1 floor at a time.

Go west from the second 4-way to the 2-way and send it up through the green pillar.

Go east from the second 4-way and also send that one up.

Go to the second floor. West of the northern 4-way is a 2-way. Go there, then go north from there and east to the pillar near the ladder. Insert the yellow crystal.

Go up the ladder that leads to the lone 3-way. Send the beam, which should now be yellow, to the west once again through the purple pillar.

Go down the ladder and get to the thin stairs that lead to the main areas of the third floor.

Go up to the third floor and east to the 4-way pillar.

Go west of the 4-way pillar and add a mirror to the 3-way to send it west into the 1-way. It should be a green beam. Return to the 4-way.

Go east of it to another 1-way. Add a mirror. Go back to the 4-way.

Add a mirror to it to send the beam north.

Go to the 4-way pillar to the north and send it west.

Go west to the 3-way pillar and insert the blue crystal. It'll send a blue beam to a 1-way like the green.

Now, go to the northeastern-most part of the third floor like you did on the 3rd and 4th parts. Send the beam down.

Now, you add a mirror to the 3-way south of there. Send it east.

That's it for the mirrors. Go to those 2 large stairs leading both down to the same area. Go down, then down again to the center of the temple.

The door should be open! Enter and turn the pillar. It will shine on the merger and the door will light up! Now you can access the death altar!

CONGRATULATIONS

... or can you? A dwarf made a hole in the back! He'll sell you a death talisman for 50 newbie items which he'll write on a list! The bad news, you must get him all of them, and if you want another death talisman, he writes you a new list. The good news, though, is you can use his shortcut now through the underground pass for easy access without having to use mourner clothes. The items are usually random, so I can't help you there.

Once you get them, you'll get the death talisman! Enter the altar and use the newly powered crystal on it. Then return to that large black crystal formation and use your crystal on it. It'll turn white again. Return to Lletya to end the quest.

Last edited by Alex 43 on October 18th, 2005, 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 8:14 am 

i think they might have changd the yellow door, not sure but i read a little bit of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 10:29 am 
Chat Moderator

Are you sure? No one has yet told me online about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 11:32 am 

yeah as i recall there are 2 steps to getting through the yellow door. i managed to get through. i had to use the blue crystal to open one the outer yellow door and then go in and turn rotate the mirrior and then do what you said.

can somebody expirment on this. i'll post what i found and what alex did to check

alright i manage to get to the dwarf. i'll post the pictures and everything else. i need to finish my essay that i've been putting off that's due in an hour :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2005, 12:50 pm 
nice just that is is a slightly confusing i think you should map it.

PS. i know how hard mapping is that is just a suggestion to get it accepted and more user friendly and yup i finished the quest =) took me forever lol but i got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2005, 1:56 pm 

yeah we're making a few maps... just kinda hard.

shadows are just a pain in the behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2005, 5:05 pm 
trekkie wrote:
yeah we're making a few maps... just kinda hard.

shadows are just a pain in the behind.

yeah when i get mosters and stuff like that i cheat =p take eyedropper tool from around it and paint brush over =) or i just draw it almost like to scale. I would map it but i can't go on =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2005, 4:54 am 
Jagex said not to make a guide of Mournings End Pt 2 until monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2005, 8:06 am 

Kyle wrote:
Jagex said not to make a guide of Mournings End Pt 2 until monday.

where??? i've checked the forum and they say nothing about the quest. so stop lying cuz jagex wouldn't care if we made a guide as long as we say that the guide is for rs