Post subject: Scorpion Catcher.
PostPosted: November 8th, 2005, 7:15 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Sumtinretrns
RS Status: P2P
Name of Quest - Scorpion catcher.

Description - Help Thormac find his lost Kharid scorpions after losing them by leaving the cage door open.

Quest Start - Speak to Thormac the wizard in the Sorcerers' Tower south of Seers' Village.

Skill Requirements - 31 Prayer.

All quests required to do this quest - None, but MUST have done barcrawl, are able to do during quest but takes some time.

Highest level NPC fought during quest - None, but you have to run through some nasty dragons and demons.

Items needed - Anti-poison, Dragon-fire Shield, about 300 GP, dusty key.

Items recommended - Energy Potions, some armour, a weapon, some teleport runes to Camelot and Falador are nice.

Estimated time to complete it - 15-20 minutes.

Difficulty - Medium

Reward - 1 Quest Point, 6625 Strength exp, and the ability for Thormac to enchant battle-staffs for you.

Steps to complete it - 16.

1. Speak to Thormac and he'll ask you to obtain his scorpions for him. He'll then give you a cage and tell you to talk to the Seers for help.

Scorpion Number One.

2. Speak to the Seer and he'll tell you the Scorpion is near some poisonous spiders. He's talking about the Taverly Dungeon.

3. Now, go to the bank and get your armour, weapon, anti-poison, and dust key. Then go the the Taverly Dungeon and if you have your Dusty Key go to the room with the Blue Dragons.

Here is where the entrance to the dungeon is -

4. If you don't have a dusty key, follow the path and when you come to a fork in the path with Chaos Dwarves and Poison Scorpions and a bridge going west.

5. Follow the path going south and you should come to a room filled with Hill Giants. Keep going and there soon will be a large room filled with black knights and large table.

6. Once in the 2nd room of Knights head immediately East. You should come to a room with a Jailer and some cells.

7. Kill the Jailer and he'll drop a Jail key. Take it and open the cell with Velrak the Explorer in it. Talk to him and he'll give you a dusty key.

8. Once you have the key walk back to the Chaos Dwarves and Poison Scorpions and take the bridge until you come to some Lesser Demons and a gate. Use the key with the gate and you'll be in the blue dragon room.

9. Okay, run through the dragons and you should come to a room filled with Black Demons. Keep walking and you should come to another room filled with Poison Spiders.

10. After walking around the tunnels you should see a room with the first scorpion in it. On your mini-map you'll see a red line indicating a door is there. Look around and there will be a "Search Old Wall" option. Do this and use the cage with the scorpion.

1 down, 2 to go!

Second Scorpion.

11. Run (or teleport)out of the dungeon out of the dungeon. The second Scorpion is in the Barbarian Outpost.

12. Once in Camelot again get about 300 GP out of your bank. (only if you haven't done the barcrawl yet!).

13. Walk to the Barbarian Outpost and talk to the Guard. If you've done the barcrawl, you'll be allowed in. If you haven't done it, he'll give you the barcrawl card and tell you to do it before you come in.

(Note: I've already done the Bar-crawl so i won't be able to tell you the exact locations of the bars).

14. Once in the Outpost the Scorpion should be right there wondering around. Use the cage with the Scorpion.

2 down 1 to go!

15. The last Scorpion is in the Monastery (Prayer Guild) North of Falador. If you have 31 prayer go up the ladder on the East or West side of the Monastery. The Scorpion will also be there wondering around. Use the cage with it and your done!

16. Speak to Thormac and he'll give you your reward.

Quest Complete!

I really enjoy writing these quest guides... I plan on writing more.
Thanks guys!
~Sumtinretrns~

(For use by RSBANDB and Sumtinretrns (me) only!) (C)

I AM LITTLE DAN, and DAN is my brother...
wub <3

Last edited by Little_Dan on November 8th, 2005, 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 8th, 2005, 7:15 pm 
Mithril Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 8th, 2005, 7:21 pm 
nice guide =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 16th, 2005, 1:24 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Gontcha
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Pork Forces, gtfo MM!!
i should note that bringing a anti-dragon fire shield is crucial if you run past dragons or you will be grilled