Post subject: Tourist Trap
PostPosted: November 15th, 2005, 6:46 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Sumtinretrns
RS Status: P2P
Name of Quest - Tourist Trap

Skill Requirements - 10 fletching and 20 smithing (a decent woodcutting level could help a little bit)

All quests required to do this quest - none

Highest level NPC fought during quest - A level 52 Captain

Items needed - A desert top, boots, and bottom, Shantay pass, knife, some full waterskins, hammer, 2-3 bronze bars, about 10-30 feathers (all of the items that i just listed are able to be bought at the Shantay Pass), about 200 gp, food, and a weapon. (note: platebody and platelegs WILL burn you and cause you to lose hp in the desert, but full helms, kiteshields, and capes will not so you can use those during the quest, but in some parts you have to take off the kiteshield and full helm!)

Estimated time to complete it - 30 minutes.

Difficulty - Hard and Long

Reward - 2 Quest points, an iron key that allows access to Mith and Addy ores in the mining camp, Irena will give you the choice of free exp in 2 skills (can be the same one twice): Fletching, Agility, Smithing and Thieving, ability to make Darts.

Steps to complete it - 17

1. Go to the Shantay Pass south of Al-Kharid, get most of your items from him INCLUDING your Shantay Pass from him. Once you have the pass go through and speak to Irena.

(note: Frequently cut some cactus's to refill your waterskins, this IS mandatory)

2. After you speak to her and find out about her daughter Ana. Then head south to find some footprints. "Look" at them and you should find out that they're telling you to go South to the Mining Camp.

3. Now, go South-West to the Camp to find a lot of mercenaries. Talk to them until you find out that they don't like their Captain very much. (this will cost five gp to find out). Also find out that the Captain doesn't like to fight his own battles and makes his Mercenaries do it for him.

4. Then talk to the Captain and get him mad until he says that he'll get his guards. Then talk about how he doesn't fight his own fights. He'll challenge you. Kill him and a key will be added to you inventory. You can now enter the camp WITHOUT any type of armour or weapons equipped.

5. Once in the Camp speak to the Male slave. After a while of talking to him you finally get his clothes. You have to speak to him twice to get these.

6. Now with your slave outfit, go though the large wooden doors on the North-East part of the Camp. Once in the tunnel run to the very end of it to where there should be two Mercenaries and a Rowdy Guard. Talk to the Mercenarie and to get back further in the mine shaft you'll have to get him a 'Tenti' pineapple.

7. Leave the mining camp. Head straight west until you come to the Bebadin Camp. Speak to Al Shabim and after some talking he'll tell you about a plan to get Captain Siad's blueprints. Agree and he'll give you a key. Now head back to the mining camp. (note: you can buy some waterskins etc from the nomads there.)

8. Once in the mining camp, go upstairs in the room which is Captain Siad's. Search his desk for a cell key. Then search his bookcases until you find a book about sailing. Then talk to him.

9. When your talking say "I just wanted to have a chat?"... then about alot of his books, then say about sailing, then about his jib, and then he should be distracted. Then use the Bebadin key with his chest to get the blueprints.

10. Head back to the Bebadin Camp. Once there speak to Al Shabim and talk about the weapon and agree to make it.

11. Head north to the room with a Nomad guard and an 'experimental anvil'. Show him the blueprints and make the dart (you can now make darts!).

12. Go back and talk with Al Shabim. After this head back to the Mining Camp. (Make sure you have no armour or weapons equipped!) Go back underground and walk to the Mercenary who wanted the pineapple. Use it with him and go through the cave. Walk near theMine Cart driver to find some barrels. Take one. Now try and get into the mine cart.

13. Once you get into the mine cart walk north-west until you come to a large room. You should fine Ana walking around. Talk to her. While in conversation, say NOTHING about a key, you will be in deep trouble.

14. After that, use the barrel with Ana to take her. Put her in the Mine cart then get in yourself. Once your out, search the nearby barrels to find her once again. Go a little north-west to find a Winch Bucket. Use her bucket with it. The guard will ask to help you. When Ana speaks to him, only compliment him and you'll be fine.

15. Then walk all the way back to the ground level of the Mine Camp. Go to where the Winch Bucket is and "Use" it. Once again search for Ana. Once you find her use her on the nearby Mine Cart.

16. After she's on it, speak with the Mine Cart driver and ONLY compliment him and say something funny. After a while you'll get the option to pay him 10 gold to smuggle you out. He'll say 100 gold or nothing. Get in the cart and you'll be out of there.

17. Once out go speak to Irena and then...

QUEST COMPLETE!

Sincerely,
~Sumtinretrns~

I AM LITTLE DAN, and DAN is my brother...
wub <3

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 15th, 2005, 6:46 pm 
Mithril Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2005, 8:01 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: das da gud 1
RS Status: P2P
hella ownage sig dude....

and ya, i like ur quest guide, lots of pics, yay.