RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
The Hand in the sand quest guide

Requirements: Level 17 Thieving and Level 49 Crafting

Start point: Yanille

To start: Speak to bert

Quest length: Medium.

Description: Bert the Sandman in Yanille is in a spot of bother.
A mysterious severed hand has appeared in his sand box.
Help find out whose hand it is and, more to the point, how it got in Bert's sand box.

Items needed: Around 20gp, dragon amulet (4)(optional), Law runes and earth runes (20 of each should do), Empty vial, Red Berry's, white Berry's, bullseye lens, 5 earth runes, bucket of sand,

To begin this quest you must first head over to yanile and speak to Bert.
He's found in the north west part of yanile, when you speak to him he will be in a panic and worrying over losing his job.

Once you've spoken to him offer to help find the drunk guard captain for him once you've done this he will give you a 'sandy hand'. You can find the drunk guard captain over in the Dragon inn just across from Berts house.

The guard captain wont speak to you till you've brought him a beer so head over to the bartender and buy him one! (he will only drink 'cheap beer' nothing else). Once he's drunk his beer he'll take a look at that hand for you.

After he's...er..'looked' at it he will tell you to go speak to the wizards over at the wizard guild.
So head over there and ring the bell. Show the hand to the wizard and he will soon recognize who it is and tell you to go see Bert again.

Once you've spoken to Bert he will give you Bert's rota. Take a look at that. Then if you've brought your dragon amulet teleport over to karjama if not get walking. ;)

Once on karjama head over to brimhaven and speak to Sandy (hes found just near the pub). He will come across as suspicious. Pickpocket sandy till you get some sand this may take awhile. Then search Sandy's desk to get Ber ts old working hours. Once you've got those teleport back to yanile and see Bert again.

Bert will tell you it's the wizards fault and you will swap the rota for the scroll.

Head back to the wizards guild with your scroll and ring the bell again. Use the scroll with the wizard that appears . He will swap the scroll for a Magical orb and tell you to get some truth sirem off Betty in port sarim. Use your dragon ammy to teleport to draynor and then head to port sarim to speak to Betty.

Betty will ask for an empty Vail and then give you bottled water back, then she tell's you to add white Berry's, red Berry's and then pour it onto a bullseye lens. Once you've done this you will get a 'rose tinted lens'.

Once you've done that speak to Betty again and she will tell you light needs to shine through the lens to the table. So use the lens on the table and get the sirem! Now speak to Betty and she will finish the sirem for you.

Now teleport over to karamja run all the way back to Sandy's place, before you can add the truth sirem to Sandy's tea (on the table) you must distract him. Speak to Sandy and tell him 'But the pymgy shrews have eaten all the sand!'.

Now that he's distracted add the sirem to his tea and activate the magical orb you got given earlier. Once you've done that speak to Sandy and ask him some questions.

Once you've got a confession out of Sandy head back to the wizards guild and ring the bell - speaking to the wizard that appears once again.

He will tell you to bring him 5 earth runes and a bucket of sand. You will then go to a cut scene and the wizard will tell you he sand pit will now magically refill.

He then tells you to check the entrania sand pit. So teleport to draynor and head over there speak to Mazion to get a lovely wizards head. Then go back to the wizard guild, ring the bell and speak to the wizard.

- Let me tell you the reward from Bert is VERY handy except I'm not going to give it away. Go find out for yourself. :D

Written by Creepybacon for RSbandb

-------
Any corrections or addictions let me know.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 8:05 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 8:08 am 
Dragon Member

Clan Name: Clanless
The guide is great but theres one thing that needs a correction. At the very end you say any "corrections or addictions" I believe that should be additions. :wink: The guide part itself is great though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 8:09 am 

There was lots of spelling mistakes. :oops:

Ran it through spell check, it's all fixed i think. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 10:17 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Looks like I have some competition ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 10:19 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
do you only need 1 white and red berry or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 10:20 am 

I'd say otherwise if you needed more. So yes, just the one.

Alex heh not much to worry about i hate doing quests normally. ;)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 10th, 2006, 10:20 am