Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 3000+ Farmers & Bots Reported - All Fishing bot scum
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 11:40 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: uds cap
RS Status: P2P
* Warning - This is a long thread, pull up a chair and get comfy *

Updated 25/06/07 - Updated list & stats

I decided to update this front page to reflect some of the recent changes.

Jagex have finally got their act together.

News posts, mass bannings, high lvl content. Therefore I plan to stick around. Below you will find the new picture of the list, along with current stats and a copy of the original post below those. GL folks.

Thanks to all those who pitched in and whom are STILL keeping up the hard graft.

This should show you folks that it is worthwhile. Image may take a while to load
Red = Banned

Current update 24/06/07:

Number of fishing cheats reported: 3028
Number of fishing cheats banned: 2242
74% of all reported cheats BANNED!

Number of lvl 99 fishers reported: 66
Number of lvl 99 fishers banned: 64
97% of all lvl 99 reported cheats BANNED!

Number of lvl 90+ fishers reported: 808
Number of lvl 90+ fishers banned: 642
79% of all lvl 90+ reported cheats BANNED! :)

Total combined fishing XP of reported fishers: 10869.9M
Total combined XP equivilant to: 98.8M Sharks
Equivilant GP if sold @ 900 ea: 88.9 BILLION GP
(88,900,000,000 GP)

Equivilant to 29.3M GP Per account reported.

Statistics 22/05/07:

Number of fishing cheats reported: 2008
Number of fishing cheats banned: 1186
59% of ALL reported cheats already BANNED!

Number of lvl 99 fishers reported: 66
Number of lvl 99 fishers banned: 54
81% of all lvl 99 cheats reported now BANNED!

Number of lvl 90+ fishers reported: 785
Number of lvl 90+ fishers banned: 526
67% of all lvl 90+ reported cheats BANNED! Over half :)

Total combined fishing XP of reported fishers: 9500M
Total combined XP equivilant to: 86.3M Sharks
Equivilant GP if sold @ 900 ea: 77.7 BILLION GP
(77,700,000,000 GP)

Equivilant to 38.7M GP Per account reported.

Original post

Quote:
Hi There :)

My Name is Cap (RSN: Uds Cap)

I started playing in 2002 - Had 2 years off when RS2 came out.
im cb 115 - 97 99 83 - 96hp - As well as 99 herblore and a total of 1787.

I also currently have a lively debate going on in the official forums:
Quick find code: 27-28-967-42498030

I am utterly, and completely SICK of the autoing/gold farming going on.

So I decided to quit RuneScape (No Phr33 stoof pl0x? lol :D)

The plan was to pay for one more months membership to take part in the forum still and make my disatisfaction clear to JaGEx.

With my free time I vowed to try and at least make a little difference with the last of my membership.

So I decided to try and find 1000 Macroers / Gold Farmers in 10 days

This is the result:

Last update: 02/05/07
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/3874 ... atekp7.jpg
As you can see, many top 100/1000 ranked - Many over 10M XP

Woodcutting is 100 x worse. Jagex' macroing detection DOES NOT WORK. Until it does, i'm out of here.

Thankfully JaGEx finally addressed this issue in a news post recently. Something many of us had been imloring them to do.

A lot of the points raised in the news post address some of the key things that were bugging me and I may yet come back to the game. For now I am continuing my reporting and coming in game to check hotspots like guild/mages/catherby etc.

For anyone interested the following is a dairy of the reporting:
Day 1: 116
Day 2: 133
Day 3: 358
Day 4: 405
Day 5: 533
Day 6: 603
Day 7: 766
Day 8: 826
Day 9: 901
Day 10: 1011

I have posted a similar topic on a couple of other well known sites and some useful points have been raised.

I quote a few of them here:

Quote:
Want to stop the mass macroing? It's simple:

Stop buying Runescape cash on third party sites.

Quote:
RANGERS:

252787 - Rank 34 - 32M Range XP
2511775 - Rank 39 - 31M Range XP
As183884012 - Rank 40 - 31M Range XP
S183884012 - Rank 35 - 32M Range XP
183884012 - Rank 37 - 31M Range XP
S19840709 - Rank 52 - 29M Range XP

6 Players with combined range xp of 186M XP - All autoers / gp farmers.

Note:
Rank 40 & 35 & 37 same names except for one letter difference to each.
They all auto blue drags at ogres after completing watchtower quest.

Quote:
We can ALL make a difference, every player they ban is not immediately replaced at the same level required in order to get a resource.

By destroying 1 autoer you cost him in several ways:

1) Resources / GP located on that account.

2) The time they put into getting that character up to the required level to get resources.

3) The time they will have to put into their next bot before they can begin to harvest the main resource again.

The most important part is the time factor. Every delay you cause the bots gives Jagex more time to update their systems so as to automatically detect and ban them in future.

Quote:
My solution is that they need to take several steps:

1) Wind down the updates for a while, Personally I would love a month of pure bug fixes / ant-bot updates.

2) Publically acknowledge the problem & get people onside by stating what they are planning to do about it & how they are aware of the severity of the issue. This was before news post - props to Jagex

3) Take a more active role in game by visiting KNOWN trouble spots to help out when they can.

4) Use the information supplied to them to help create a working anti-bot system and track related accounts.

<3 CaP, Ex-RuneScaper - Keeping the spirit of the game alive.

Last edited by Cappeh on June 25th, 2007, 3:55 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 11:40 am 
Steel Member

Post subject: The next step....
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 11:45 am 
Steel Member

I was originally planning to do 1000 wc'ers and 1000 miners after 1000 fishers.

However when starting Wc I realised there were so many that I could easily pick up 10000.

At the moment I am considering continuing to do fshing to try and eradicate them all.

Please feel free to make any suggestions.

Currently, I am taking a couple of days break from updating 1000 stats manually to write an article on Gold farming & RuneScape combined.

This will be posted soon and will cover several questions i've considered on the economics of the situation past/present/future as well as some guides on how to spot the players and a much more in depth look at their role & situation.

Until then i'd appreciate any feedback which you may have time to give.

<3 CaP, Ex-RuneScaper - Keeping the spirit of the game alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 12:00 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Well done, buddy! We need more people like that out there.

Jagex should recruit a number of bot-bashers (bronze crowns?) that scope out the area like you did and report bot-users.

Look at all those Chinese names and numbers there. I can imagine it's only a matter of time before we run out of name possibilities because of all these jerks.

Oh, and you don't have to double-post here. Just use the edit button and add another section to your original post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 12:06 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
I don't think you're thinking about this correctly. I'm not sure what you've learnt since you posted on the Officials, but these guys aren't autoers. They're players, like you or me, being PAID to play repetitively in Korea, China etc, giving the appearance of looking like autoers.

Also, banning is a punishment normally only 'feared' by people wanting to use their accounts. These people don't care if they lose an account and will just make another one if it is. Banning would be ineffective.

The ONLY way these guys are ever going to stop if there becomes a decrease in the Market. There's absolutely no use in reporting them, although technically you should.

Complaining that it's Jagex's fault is ironic too. Jagex don't buy RS Gold.
-

Edit: Sorry if I seem a little "flame-y"! I don't mean to be, really. You've done a GREAT job and all, I just think it's a little pointless. Hopefully you'll nail some real autoers in there. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 12:41 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Sky Jace
Wow, that's an impressive list you have. =D> But, like Anubis said, when it ultimately comes down to it, auto-ers/bots will never really stop.

Dragon Member #90

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 1:00 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
for future reference please do not double post. there is an edit button for a reason.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 1:00 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 1:14 pm 
Steel Member

Alex 43]Well done, buddy! We need more people like that out there.

Jagex should recruit a number of bot-bashers (bronze crowns?) that scope out the area like you did and report bot-users.

Look at all those Chinese names and numbers there. I can imagine it's only a matter of time before we run out of name possibilities because of all these jerks.

Oh, and you don't have to double-post here. Just use the edit button and add another section to your original post[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up about the double post. It would be nice to see some form of in game presence, I personally would prefer to see gold crowns - i.e. J mods in game more.

The novelty would wear off fast and people would learn to be 'very' careful about not breaking rules near them.

Thanks for the compliment :)

[quote="Anubis wrote:
I don't think you're thinking about this correctly. I'm not sure what you've learnt since you posted on the Officials, but these guys aren't autoers. They're players, like you or me, being PAID to play repetitively in Korea, China etc, giving the appearance of looking like autoers.

Also, banning is a punishment normally only 'feared' by people wanting to use their accounts. These people don't care if they lose an account and will just make another one if it is. Banning would be ineffective.

The ONLY way these guys are ever going to stop if there becomes a decrease in the Market. There's absolutely no use in reporting them, although technically you should.

Complaining that it's Jagex's fault is ironic too. Jagex don't buy RS Gold.
-

Edit: Sorry if I seem a little "flame-y"! I don't mean to be, really. You've done a GREAT job and all, I just think it's a little pointless. Hopefully you'll nail some real autoers in there. :)

Don't worry about sounding 'flamey' ;) I can take it on the chin.

The post on the official forum has remained unchanged since the day I made it (except for totals) Since then I have had a huge education in the proliferation of gold farming in RuneScape.

It still has a very valid point, however a different one to that originally intended.

Most of these players are actually either breaking or INTENDING to break Rule 12 (Real world trading) with the reports given to Jagex they can check the players account history to either:

1) Show that they have already traded off items in an unfair trade (in other words intentionally in return for real life cash)

2) If they havent yet moved cash / items from the account then they can flag the account for immediate attention when they do.

---

A rather key point is this: I have passed them over 1000 accounts and they have 'ONLY' banned 10%.... This is the 10% that they have either seen proof of macroing or real world trading on, the other accounts they can flag in readiness so as to eradicate them more easily in future.

The important part is that each name above was passed as a group.

Indiovidually reporting say Fred003 and him getting caught for macroing is great. However, if you show them that Fred003/004/005/006 etc are all single training one stat simultaeneously over a short period of time they can check them all in one go and save time and effort in a huge way. Also if they can prove that the same person has made rule 12 infringements on 4 characters and controls 4 other numerically sequential accounts of the same name they can watch very carefully or just ban all owned accounts.

So I would say it DOES have a valid use, albiet not one it was originally intended for.

bluebrisingr wrote:
Wow, that's an impressive list you have. But, like Anubis said, when it ultimately comes down to it, auto-ers/bots will never really stop.

I don't care if they stop, if they get enough grief preventing them from trading / earning effectively they WILL leave for easier games.

One thing people have asked is - what about if these guys are skiling, not farming or macroing.

It is true that we have to be very careful of making assumptions, I know many lvl 3 skiller pures myself.

However, you do not see skiler pures making 5, 10 or in some extreme cases 100+ numerically / alphabetically sequental characters and training them all simultaeneously. The focus of listing hte accoutns in this way was to highlight that practise.

I personally beleive that given time ALL of the above accounts will ither get caught cheating (Rule 7 or 12) or will cease to be actively used.

One person asked:

Quote:
What if the cheats / farmers see that list, they wil know they are being watched and get cash / ites off the account!

I hope that is true.

JaGEx is already watching them and if they arent they will be able to se it historically when they get around to it.

Whichever happens first they willcease to be a problem in terms of the game economy and resources, which suits me just fine.

Cheers for the heads up Trekkie

CaP

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 2:11 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
If 1000 people suddenly quit runescape i dont think jagex would still do anything. But i like your style and good luck.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 2:11 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Holly cow man! That is a lot of rule breakers! Nice with the ban's too = )
If you were not quitting RS I am sure you would become a MOD

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 2:17 pm 
Steel Member

Kyle wrote:
If 1000 people suddenly quit runescape i dont think jagex would still do anything. But i like your style and good luck.

I'm currently considering goin gfor 5000 or 10000 fishers. Every little helps as Tesco is so fond of saying.

I don't care if they simply create a new account, the time in retraining and the lost items / cash hits them where it hurts - their profit margin.

Make it unprofitable enough for them and they will give up :) Thx for the good luck, I will keep at it regardless of it's actual effectiveness. If I can stop 1 more farmer / botter then i'm happy.

Ranging God wrote:
Holly cow man! That is a lot of rule breakers! Nice with the ban's too = )
If you were not quitting RS I am sure you would become a MOD

Thanks for the kind words, Ya jagex is doing great on bans. Since Jagex publically announced their intention to do something about it , and have physically started to i'm more tempted to stay. I'm not interested in being a mod - I was offered it before and didn't accept, it intereferes with enjoying the game too often.

CaP

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 4:03 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryan V 09
RS Status: Classic
We need more people like you. It's very obvious that these people either auto or selll for real $. I mean, look at the names. There are like 10 that are the same letters just with different numbers. That is not a coincidence.

I too hate autoers, and report them as I see them, but I just kinda gave up awhile ago.
*Person creates an autoer/real world farmer, Jagex eventually catches and bans, person creates new account...*

But what did such a Teuton afterwards look like when he had been "improved" and led into a monastery? Like a caricature of a human being, like an abortion: he had become a "sinner," he was in a cage, one had imprisoned him behind nothing but sheer terrifying concepts... There he lay now, sick, miserable, filled with ill-will towards himself; full of hatred for the impulses toward life, full of suspicion of all that was still strong and happy. In short, a "Christian"... - Twighlight of the Idols

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 5:29 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
I can't say much that hasn't already been said.

You took ALOT of time in doing that and did a great job.

We need alot more people like you, and I don't think you should quit, though of course its your matter. But if we had more people like you that reported every bot they see we would have alot fewer bots and the econemy would go back up.

I hope you stay active on RSBandB.

Oh, and BTW, Welcome to RSBandB!

Crysala wrote:
Prepare to be RSBANDBERIZED!

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 7:02 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: A I C S
Tell me when they make you a mod lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 6:32 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: r3dmayne
Clan Name: I iz a free agent lolz :D
Congratz on the bot banning. If only there were more people like you there would be less autoers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 2:03 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Footman0
Clan Name: Forsaken
Amazing, much respect for reporting all those accounts.

Keep in mind, Jagex makes $5000 off those 1000 accounts every month. Jagex should not think about it that way though.